PS2 or Game Cube?

Sorry guys, the only California track in Gran Turismo 3 is Laguna Seca.

Gran Turismo series is NOT (nor will it ever be as the developer is owned by Sony) on X-Box. SEGA GT2002 is NOT related in any way shape or form.

X-Box lacks a library of games for younger audiences...probably why Microsoft invested in Rare. X-Box is currently second overall in the market, but only barely leads Gamecube and has an even worse money losing ratio due to the higher cost of making the X-Boxes.

Gamecube is technically not as powerful as PS2. It has graphics hardware that can put a few more render passes on the polys, but PS2 is actually a faster machine.

X-Box is the most powerful console currently on the market with added advantages of built-in networking, more texture RAM, a built-in harddrive, and for a few extra bucks DVD playback capability. That said, I've seen nothing on X-Box that even approaches the quality seen in the vast library of PS2 titles. Halo is, in fact, the only X-Box game that I'd consider owning (which is why I have not bought an X-Box)...but I don't find it all that technically impressive.

I don't think Resident Evil is something Craig's son will be playing on GC just yet, but the GC version is indeed awesome and one of the titles I'd get had I not already played the original PlayStation version. I am upset that Capcom is making a lot of the Resident Evil series Nintendo exclusive...for now.

PC games just aren't as kid-friendly as console games...but I'd rather play PC games than X-Box ones. I often think of the X-Box as the PC gamer's console, rather than a console gamer's console.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 28 October 2002).]

Originally posted by akira3d:
I don't think Resident Evil is something Craig's son will be playing on GC just yet...[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 28 October 2002).]

Geeesh, let's hope not!
wink.gif

effer, yes, I downloaded... ehm, bought it... last week! It is VERY nice graphically if you have a reasonably fast machine (1Ghz CPU and GeForceII or more). The driving model is similar to GP* (almost perfect in my book) and the season is the official FIA2001. Very nice game!

Back