Proud new owner!!!

FINALLY!!! Ever since I was just a punk kid 20 year old I have wanted one, when I first saw one in '91....Well now I have a '91!!!

Before I go into the car, I would like to thank everyone for all the info, tips, carfax's and motivation that helped me get my dream car...And to NSXPrime.com for hosting such a great site where I found everything I need to know about my new car and where I found my new car:D

OK, about the car...I found it in the Market section here on NSXPrime.com, a black '91 clean as a whistle with 53K in Portland Oregon...I contacted the seller(Wilson) and was pleased to hear how helpful he was with everything...I asked him about getting a prepuchase inspection done and he offered to set it up and drop it off to get it done before I bought my plane ticket...After seeing the pic's and hearing from the Acura tech who did the inspection, I was sold..The tech said he has seen alot of early model NSX's and that this one was one of the cleanest he has seen in awhile.
He said besides the usual wear and tear on a 50K engine that it "was flawless, inside and out":D

So I was off to Portland...Wilson picked me up in the car and it was everything he and the tech said it was...We pulled into the nearest parking lot outside of the airport and I checked it out a little closer, I couldn't believe how nice the interior was and the body was clean, one tiny little ding that I didn't even notice till I got it home(I might have done it:confused: )...The engine sounded great with the DC Sport exhaust:D and it drove like a bat out of hell!!! My only concern was it wasn't the original paint job, but being 12 year old car in the Northwest it probably needed one a few years ago and it was a beautiful paint job and the everything else checked out(clean title, carfax, and PPI) so it wasn't going to turn me away from this car..It was BEAUTIFUL!!!

So we we're off to the bank to seal the deal and I could tell Wilson, who was soon to be laidoff from his computer job and forced to sell, was having some sellers remorse and I was having a bit of the buterfly's in my stomach about to drop 30k on a used car with no warranty:eek:
But twenty minutes later I was on the road to SoCal in my dream car!!!
What a way to get to know your new car...driving it over 1000 miles thru some of the most beautiful states in the country(Org-Cal) on some nice twisties to get a feel for the handling and some long stretches to get a quick feel for the top end!!!
Half the fun of driving it is some of the reactions you get from some people and the conversation starter at every pit stop..It was so cool telling people that I just got it in Portland and was driving it home to SoCal with a big ol smile on my face
:D Most couldn't believe it was a '91 "Damn, that thing is cleeean"
I was very impressed by the way the car never got even close to hot, even though it was like 95 the whole way down and I had the AC blowing and I couldn't beleive the gas milage I got was like 28mpg!!! Two days and alot of smiles later I was home with a sweet car in the garage...I keep going out and just looking at it...I can't wait to get to know my car better in the future and meet up with some of my fellow Xers.

I'll post some pics asap!!!

Once again thanks to all for helping with my quest for the NSX!!!

Last edited:
Congrats on the car! Time to update this part of your sig: " '91-'93 NSX (ASAP) Silver hopefully, but will settle for black...." ;)

Sorry to hear the seller didn't really want to sell, but I'm glad the Marketplace forum helped put you two together once he decided to do it.

SoCalNSX said:

I'll post some pics asap!!!

Post them soon and when you find your Silver one, hopefully I'll be ready to buy your Black one! Won't even have to drive far.

Welcome aboard. You'll find many friendly NSXers in the Southern California (SD, Orange, LA, etc.) area often getting together for a variety of functions. Sorry you just missed the annual Prime Drive, but there may be a nice sized meet at Hoehn Acura just near you some time soon. Keep an eye on the Southwest Region forums for more information.

See ya around. :)

-Randy

You can also come down to La Jolla this week, and enjoy yourself.

Thanks again.....

I'm lovin this car!!!:D

DSCF0006_jpg.jpg

These are some pics from the ad....I'll have some pics of it at the beach soon!!!:cool:

Back