Prospective owner

I traded my 03 nsx for an 05 c2s with ceramics, leather, the works. I regret it. Loved the Porsche, but the nsx is special.

I have an 07 base boxster that is so much fun, it keeps me from getting another nsx. Not that I like it more than the nsx, but it's different. Mainly, the top down motoring is fun and quiet. Living in Scottsdale, that means a lot. The only thing I hated about the nsx is the removable t-tops. Too darn loud at highway speed.

Last edited:
Though I generally do not like forced induction (and this from RUF owner!), but, if you don't mind, could you describe your experience with the s/c? Any issues with it, or characteristics you don't like -- i.e., delivery, sound, etc.?

Its just like the factory NA engine with 100 more hoursepower and a little supercharger whine at full throttle. Its like the V6 was taken out and a V8 installed. It feels, responds, drives, almost exactly the same. Dyno sheets confirm it, the power band on the Autorotor Comptech Supercharger looks a lot like the NA engine's. After having a CTSC, I would have a real hard time going back to NA. And I loved the way the NA felt. A turbo is a different story, as are centrifugal superchargers like the Paxton based Basch supercharger. You will get more power but it is a different type of powerband.

Here is my car on a REAL dyno (meaning accurate dyno where stock the car put down 249 HP at the wheels stock) after the Comptech Supercharger installation. Notice on this conservative dyno (I have numbers as high as 396 on other dynos) with only 5.7 pounds of boost the engine was putting out 361 HP. That is +112 HP over stock on the same dyno after the comptech supercharger and exhaust installation. If you see the graphs, it looks like stock just raised up. No peaks, no valleys. FLAT.

14678NSX1.jpg

Thanks for the input. This is one of the nicest automobile forums I've posted to in several years -- very helpful. I hope it reveals something about the NSX itself, which, sadly I have yet to test. I will post again, once I get a bit more serious in my hunt.

Back