Project: Widebody Version 2.1

pardon me if I missed it..but have you given this car a name, or brand so to speak...or are we just to refer to it as Vrooms one off wonder:wink:

In my eyes, it's still an NSX and always will be. I have been calling it a "6 window wide body coupe". The funny thing is, most people I talk to haven't seen a stock NSX (or have a mental reference of what one looks like). It's hard to describe the modifications. Usually, I just let the car speak for itself.

Everything I have done has been done to make the original car better or more modern in function and performance. Obviously, that is a subjective road to take. Some people chalk it up as an abomination. I just hope most can appreciate the development and work done on it. To be honest, in many cases, it's the things that you don't see that only I know are there that I appreciate the most.

I just hope most can appreciate the development and work done on it. To be honest, in many cases, it's the things that you don't see that only I know are there that I appreciate the most.

Jeff,

I TOTALLY can relate to your sentiment!......& I DO appreciate what you've created!.......Now get out here & help me with my "from scratch" body! (It's only a DRY heat, haha!)

495sm.jpg

Great, now I have to go change my underwear AND seek counseling due to my unworthyness. :frown:

In my eyes, it's still an NSX and always will be. I have been calling it a "6 window wide body coupe". The funny thing is, most people I talk to haven't seen a stock NSX (or have a mental reference of what one looks like). It's hard to describe the modifications. Usually, I just let the car speak for itself.

Everything I have done has been done to make the original car better or more modern in function and performance. Obviously, that is a subjective road to take. Some people chalk it up as an abomination. I just hope most can appreciate the development and work done on it. To be honest, in many cases, it's the things that you don't see that only I know are there that I appreciate the most.

I see where you are coming from...you bring a unique skill set to ownership and have devoted the time R&D ect. What I find as a general gestalt with most widebody nsx is that (at least to me) they pay homage to the racecar specificly jgtc....your car blends some elements of a race car with a high end supercar interior and the pneumatic lift to make it livable.

Great, now I have to go change my underwear AND seek counseling due to my unworthyness. :frown:

Agree, Your just on a whole other level here... " hey change the front to look like this"

"maybe, Let me calculate the drag first" wow Amazing build!:eek:

I thought I had a pretty intensive build going till I saw yours. Very innovative indeed, I need to send you Mine for that 6th window mod, lol. Ive shown several people, and have gotten the same response... total fap action! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Jeff,

I TOTALLY can relate to your sentiment!......& I DO appreciate what you've created!.......Now get out here & help me with my "from scratch" body! (It's only a DRY heat, haha!)

Dale, You have a whole different level of craftsmanship in your project. I bow to your skills and vision.

Juice, Options, you guys are funny.

The great thing about this forum is that we all decided on an NSX over many other choices and have an appreciation for the car. Some in it's purity. Others modified to their own taste. All the kind word and admiration are greatly appreciated (and motivating). Hopefully we'll be able to develop some real cool production pieces from this.

here are a couple more pics.
Radiator ducts
504sm.jpg

Foil on rear diffuser
508sm.jpg

Last edited:
I thought my days of modifiy were over but your thread has totally aspire me to do more. I hate these thread becuase it makes me go broke and most of all unfinish:biggrin:. I will be looking forward to my old lady screaming and long nights in the garage. Thanks vroom! I must say my couch feels great!:wink:

Hey guys, its been many many years since my last log-in, and post. I had to log in to give props. Jeffs car is Awesome!, and Steve did a hell of a great job on the interior. I pretty much walk over every day to see "whats up" It makes my day bitter sweet. Sweet to see the passion/craftsmanship/camaraderie, and bitter, because I am between projects myself Arghhhh. I help out where I can. A fun thing with his car, is when its parked, many questions get asked, and we always answer all of them. We actually teach them the history behind Honda, the NSX, Senna etc. Many people know zilch about the NSX, so its always fun telling them about the aluminum, mid engine, explaining the pioneering of VTEC etc. Jeff loves to talk about the composite aspect and the functionality of the parts. I am here in full support of everything Jeff has created. It is not easy, and sometimes it takes a few tries. It would be boring if it all came together perfect the first time right Jeff? :)

See ya at the track!

Tom

Interesting. That would be something to look at. I would also like to calculate the drag on something like that. At one point I thought of removing them completely.

Here is a picture of the front end with the bumper off. All the air ducting is mapped.

495sm.jpg

Pagani-zonda-R.jpg

Just curious, which brand wrap did you use?

It is a German company that we now have a purchasing contract with. Some companies "private label" the material with there name on it. It's hard to compare them. This is the best material out there. Micro air channels (to work out the trapped air), 10 year U/V, 2 stage adhesive (light tack for position). It also has a guarantee to not harm your paint or leave any residue for 5 years after application. This is the first time I wrapped a car. It was time consuming but not beyond DIY.

whoa~ this is pure sex!!!! :wink::wink:

One question, if its wrapped in matte white, what color is the engine bay?

The engine bay and under hood are still red. I'll be tearing the car down this fall to do some engine mods. I may just have the whole car resprayed or do Black engine bay and under hood.

It is a German company that we now have a purchasing contract with. Some companies "private label" the material with there name on it. It's hard to compare them. This is the best material out there. Micro air channels (to work out the trapped air), 10 year U/V, 2 stage adhesive (light tack for position). It also has a guarantee to not harm your paint or leave any residue for 5 years after application. This is the first time I wrapped a car. It was time consuming but not beyond DIY.

What is a decent brand that the average joe like me can buy? My only concern are the front and rear bumpers, the contours.

What is a decent brand that the average joe like me can buy? My only concern are the front and rear bumpers, the contours.

I would check with your local vinyl shop. 3M or Oracal would be the better ones.

My only recommendation, is to paint the rest of the car white (wear you see red) under the hood, door sills, etc. Not sure why that wasn't done in the first place.

Also, you should contact Format67 to produce a video.

Back