Project NSX-R "cosmetic" conversion and non NSX-R related parts

Gorgeous car! That thing sounds amazing......keep up the good work.

You probably don't want the 02+ wheels, cuz if you did I'm sure you would've gotten by now. But I maintain it looks sick as hell, and if you want Mike in Dallas has a set for sale:

Attachments

• NSX3.jpg
    NSX3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 376
yes jason, you must complete what you started.

you need, white wheels,
nsx-r rear diffuser
nsx-r door badges
big red h nsx-r nose and tail badges
nsx-r door sills
nsx-r horn button and ring
nsx-r seats
nsx-r suspension
nsx-r floor mats
nsx-r gauges

what else did i leave out?

Went to the NSX-R difusser installation party today and got this installed.

I can't recommend this enough for anyone with 02 rear valence, huge difference, especially at certain angles. Match the R wing perfectly, give it that really mean look from the rear.

Look at before/after pics. Contact Erick (Evof575gto), if you are interered in purchasing one. The quality is absolute top notch.

17.jpg

22.jpg

BEFORE

23.jpg

18.jpg

AFTER
14.jpg

15.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

wow....that looks awesome Jason, totally completes and fills out the backend nicely. Can't wait to have mine on....

My project is officially over. I am retired for good, SoCal NSXers have help me a lot through out the process in the past year and half. It has been the most rewarding project for me ever. I have no regrets on this one, there were no short cuts or cost saving by using less quality parts. It was worth every penny and every drop of sweat and tear was well worth it. At this point there is really nothing else I desire with my driving style and purpose. More braking power is welcome, but not going to happen. Vance and Erick will not talk me into modding no more:smile:

This is the last set of pics I took today at SCA. This is probably the final set of pics of my NSX, unless I get a new camera.

113091.jpg

1130921.jpg

1130941.jpg

1130931.jpg

113096.jpg

jason,
Congrats the on the completed project...beautiful as aways, but you have the automotive mode virus in your system....trust me, I said I'm done many times...it never stops.

Jason's saying he's done now because he's realized he has just bought himself a ticket on another slippery slope called the S2000. :D

Jason,

Are you selling the NSX or do you plan to keep it for the forseable future? From the pics it looks like it is sitting in a dealer lot.

Jason,

You don't know how many people at the SCA meets are secretly admiring your car and wish that it was theirs, myself included. It is absolutely stunning to look at.

You have done a 1st rate job on transforming this already beautiful car into a piece of art, almost. It's a keeper. Take good care of it.

Jason,

The pics of your NSX-R project are absolutely stunning!!! The paint really jumps out at you. You did a Great job putting it together. Like Hac said, its never over, for us car guys (specifically us NSX guys) its in our DNA :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

jason,
Congrats the on the completed project...beautiful as aways, but you have the automotive mode virus in your system....trust me, I said I'm done many times...it never stops.

i need a cure... fast :redface:

Jason,

Your car looks "stunning". I hope to see it in person one day. Good job man!

-Henry

You can't retire just yet.

i just picked up these badass little guys that no one will ever notice on the car.

now you have to get them too.
i picked mine up from Dali Racing. i think theres a few sets left so get them fast

NSX-R door sill plates and NSX-R door emblems
11497102_6711_copy.jpg

yes jason, you must complete what you started.

you need, white wheels,
nsx-r rear diffuser
nsx-r door badges
big red h nsx-r nose and tail badges
nsx-r door sills
nsx-r horn button and ring
nsx-r seats
nsx-r suspension
nsx-r floor mats
nsx-r gauges

what else did i leave out?

Convert to OBDII and get a copy of my NA2 NSX-R ECU. Before that, get the 3.2 and six speed. Before that, NA2 NSX-R Break system, which includes larger slotted rotors, black calipers, and harder pads and steel brakelines. Before that.... Too much to do bud, leave Jason alone..lol

You can't retire just yet.

i just picked up these badass little guys that no one will ever notice on the car.

now you have to get them too.
i picked mine up from Dali Racing. i think theres a few sets left so get them fast
I didn`t see your pics, covered my eyes. No more temptations please, I am going to have to put you on ignore list j/k.:biggrin:

2 events really hit me hard last Thursday. When I parked the car under the light at SCA and took a good look at the car. For the first time ever, I really said to myself, this is most likely it. There are nothing else I have to have. Never ever thought it would had came this far, the rear diffuser was the final major item, such a high quality piece. 2nd event was conversation with Vance and Simo about Ferrari and checking out Ferrari on autotrader:redface:. Thanks to you I now day dream a matching white F430, not going to happen though.
Convert to OBDII and get a copy of my NA2 NSX-R ECU. Before that, get the 3.2 and six speed. Before that, NA2 NSX-R Break system, which includes larger slotted rotors, black calipers, and harder pads and steel brakelines. Before that.... Too much to do bud, leave Jason alone..lol
Sorry Vance, OBDI is actually >OBDII. I never intended a full R conversion. If I do I definitley got the hardest part covered (no chasis swap required), the things I like most about the NA2R is the exterior and its weight. I am extremely hardcore in certain areas (exterior/power/weight), but not all areas. While l like quality parts, the cost/performance ratio also have to be decent.

The 6spd is highly desirable, noticelable gain, 3.2L is not desireable for me at all, very little power gain and need different pulley/modification to make blower work as well. There are far better pure performance mods out there.
For my personal preference power that I can feel to cost ratio is always #1 deciding factor on mod.

I have driven so many different NSXes with different mods, I know the strength and weakness of all the ones I have driven. I am anti wishful thinking, pure result. If there is something I have to have, I usually not walk but run and get it immediately.

The NA2 R-ECU needs the oem R gauge cluster with shift lights to get the full effect. Probably 1 of 2 hardest piece in true R conversion. It is highly likely that you will be the only one in the world to actually perform this mod. The 2 item combined is almost the same cost as adding 150 to 200rwhp to your S2000 with Inlinepro turbo and 3mm headgasket.

Very nice looking car! A set of white NSX-R wheels would really complete the look....but to each his own. Well done.

Your car looks awesome!! I would personally perfect an awesome car by putting the center acura symbol. Also add NSX-R wheels or maybe powercoat the stock 02+OEM wheels white and OEM NSX-R caps. I already sold my front 2000 NSX calipers but if you change front calipers you could run those 02+OEM wheels :smile:.

Back