Project High Boost Finally Underway...

i think the time has come to finally put my high boost project under full effect. i currently have the stock boost setup comptech autorotor kit on my 3.2L, along with the ct intake, ct headers, test pipes, and ct exhaust. i already have the tensioner block installed, along with new timing belt and water pump. car also has the comptech clutch so the added power should be handled without a problem.

however, i do have a couple of questions regarding going high boost.

1. will i 100% need to buy the SOS 86mm pulley belt to go along with the 86mm pulley? or can i just adjust my belt now? the belt basically has like 1000miles on it.

2. with the "boost a fuel pump" and ct rising fuel pressure regulator, if i remove the "booster" and replace the rrfpr with a 1:1 aem unit, what fuel pressure will i need to run in order to get to the tuner? what fuel pressure at 3000rpm on the stock ct injectors?

3. i will be using the AEM FIC and will be going to jeff evans for the tune. will the fic replace the acm and esm completely? where the heck is the esm installed anyway???

Yes, you will need to replace the belt - the standard one is too long and you will run out of tensioner.

I recommend replacing the fuel pump, removing the boost-a-pump, and replacing the rising rate regulator with your factory FPR. You'll need this adaptor:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/...ucts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/CT_Fuel_Rail_Adaptor/

The ACM is replaced with the FIC. It is located by the ECU and is simply unplugged to remove.

cheers,
-- Chris

Hey chris,

i can use the aem fpr on your adapter right?

When does the rrfpr and boost pump increase fuel pressure? Is it constantly higher than normal pressure or rpm dependent?

Hey chris,

i can use the aem fpr on your adapter right?

When does the rrfpr and boost pump increase fuel pressure? Is it constantly higher than normal pressure or rpm dependent?

I'm not sure if this would work because the body of the AEM FPR is very large. We prefer the stock regulator to be used so that fuel pressure does not vary from where the car was tuned on.

The Comptech regulator is a rising rate - it increases fuel pressure by 10:1 - 10 psi of fuel above baseline for every 1 psi of manifold pressure. The stock - and other 1:1 regulators stay fairly constant at 44 psi at idle and ~ 60 psi under boost.

-- Chris

hey chris

will the stock 3.2L engine tuned with aem fic handle the "higher boost" autorotor pulley??? i think it will provide 9.5psi on the autorotor???

Back