• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Problem with Carbing strut bar

You know I wish that KR imspire what had answered me about why he sent me this bar, but he screwed me over big time . Now I was iffy about shipping to the U.K. because I was worried about how much it would cost me to ship. A gentleman who says he comes on to this forum supposedly is on this forum by the name of Hagasan. After a bit of negotiation with this person. We agreed on the price of $250 shipped to the U.K. Now I shipped this bar for $50 bucks to the U.K. It was $21 to ship plus I added insurance if it got lost and, even that was less then what I expected it was gonna be and I thought that was a good deal. Then when I was honest about the price with this person that I payed he was upset. Now this bar is not very heavy but because of its length it had to be shipped as a specialty item. I thought it was gonna cost $80 to $100 to ship. After he did not believe I sent him back $50 and after that we both agreed were good. So he got this brand new carbing bar bought and shipped to the U.K for $200. Which always looking for parts for sale new and used, I think that's a great deal. Now I am getting threats to give him back more money. I have bought and sold parts to many people and I never have delt with things like this. Anyone I have delt with will tell you I have paid asap for parts. I look at it this way if you want toys you gotta pay, I was happy to sell this bar for $250 shipped to the UK but I am a honest guy and not wanting to screw this person and him being upset. I gladly sent him back $50. NOW after I believe I did the right thing, this person is demanding more money back. I hope nobody ever has to deal with people who don't respect agreements.

Re: Problem with carbing strut bar

You know I wish that KR imspire what had answered me about why he sent me this bar, but he screwed me over big time . Now I was iffy about shipping to the U.K. because I was worried about how much it would cost me to ship. A gentleman who says he comes on to this forum supposedly is on this forum by the name of Hagasan. After a bit of negotiation with this person. We agreed on the price of $250 shipped to the U.K. Now I shipped this bar for $50 bucks to the U.K. It was $21 to ship plus I added insurance if it got lost and, even that was less then what I expected it was gonna be and I thought that was a good deal. Then when I was honest about the price with this person that I payed he was upset. Now this bar is not very heavy but because of its length it had to be shipped as a specialty item. I thought it was gonna cost $80 to $100 to ship. After he did not believe I sent him back $50 and after that we both agreed were good. So he got this brand new carbing bar bought and shipped to the U.K for $200. Which always looking for parts for sale new and used, I think that's a great deal. Now I am getting threats to give him back more money. I have bought and sold parts to many people and I never have delt with things like this. Anyone I have delt with will tell you I have paid asap for parts. I look at it this way if you want toys you gotta pay, I was happy to sell this bar for $250 shipped to the UK but I am a honest guy and not wanting to screw this person and him being upset. I gladly sent him back $50. NOW after I believe I did the right thing, this person is demanding more money back. I hope nobody ever has to deal with people who don't respect agreements.

Well Stallion777, as I said in my email I was willing to keep this private and resolve the matter between ourselves but you decided to write more BS on here....

I have to laugh at this......"people who don't respect agreements"

For the record, it is not a brand new bar, it is used and has scuff marks showing but this is not my issue at all.

This bar was advertised in the for sale section for $185 inc shipping. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145415&highlight=carbing
Above was the link. Satllion777 changed the thread to sold this morning after his posting above so that the $185 price would be hidden, sneakey. He previous advertised it at http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144450&highlight=carbing for $225 but when he realised through this thread it was a RHD only part he dropped the price at placed the second ad in the marketplace.

I asked Stallion777 how much this would cost to the UK?

Your reply, $300 US dollers shipped to the U.K.
My number is 410-9XX-XXXX.
All I need is your address and full name.

Bearing in mind the advertised price I queried this high shipping cost.

Your reply, I spent $225 on this bar and got screwed because I cannot use it. I just came back from the UPS store and it is gonna cost me $105 to ship it to you. If you wanna make the deal

I then sent you this message

"Surely it would be a lot cheaper using USPS? My friend has sent over many parts from Minneapolis that are much heavier than this but a lot cheaper. Any chance on finding a way to ship for less? Let me know the chances of a lower USPS price before I decide please...thanks"

To which you replied, Actually they are more expensive. I used London as a example and its pricey. Don't forget its a long bar and I'm not a commercial company. I'm sorry but that is the best I can do.
You are welcome to check the prices your self. I live in Maryland.

Based on what you told me up to this point I took it on trust that your prices were true so I sent you the $250. I asked you to mark the package as autopart with a value on it. You sent me the Tracking number and I checked it had been dispatched. I was quite surprised the package had been sent as an International Letter and said so in an email and also asked if you declared a value on the form.

The bar was shipped today. Here is the info. I was told you should receive it in 20 to 25 days.

Label/Receipt Number: LC06 3897 553U S
Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Your replied, On the form it I wrote autopart but it did not ask me for a value so I wrote nothing. It cost me $50 to ship which I was happy with that. I hope you recieve it soon and you like it.

Now as you told me you had paid $50 shipping I was now wondering where the other $55 went, remember you told me shipping was $105!!

You replied, $50 bucks plus $50 for insurance plus tax equals $106.85. That was the total I paid. And ACTUALLY I went to the UPS store first and they asked me for $168 plus insurance and I said NOOOOO. Then after that I went to the USPS store and they gave me that price which I said yes because you PAID me and I am a person who keeps a deal no matter what. So if any way you are still upset then let me know so I can run to the USPS store and demand my bar and give you a FULL REFUND. SO with all that has gone I thought we would both be happy. SO AFTER YOU GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU WANTED. WHAT DO YOU WANT. This bar may be light but because of its lenght it must be shipped as I specialty item. You can go tho any shipping site and look it up yourself.

Well a refund wasn't possible as the item had been shipped but now it was the UPS store who was supposedly dearer and the USPS was cheaper...I smelled a rat deal going on. Firstly I had never asked for insurance and also, how can you insure an item for shipping when there is no declared value to claim if it is lost?

So anyway, I received the bar and was totally shocked to find that the shipping actually cost $21.08 !!! I have the tabs and will post pics of them if Stallion777 still disputes this. Also there is no value on the decleration form, it was left blank...

It has now gone from $105 to $50 to actually $21.08 to ship this bar....Do I feel scammed yes I do.

I think the issue for the seller is that because he was ripped off he think he can recoup his losses through a bumped up international shipping price?!?!

The part was $185 inc US shipping which would net the seller about $170-175 after shipping.

IF he had been honest with me he'd still get the same money. I have been charged a quoted $105 for $21.08 shipping, and overcharge of $78.92.

Does anyone really think the seller would have returned my first $50 as soon as I questioned the "insurance" if he really paid it? I've since requested him to return a further $25. This will mean I paid him $25 shipping which is a truer figure to the real cost. I think this is fair, honest and the honorable thing to do....

Now as we know by this thread, the OP was sold a front bar when he thought he was getting a rear. That is bad but now he has found a rear bar he thinks it was justifiable to try and get me to subsidise it's higher costs by inflating my shipping.

He said, You got a good deal here. Here is the bar I just bought here in the states. Think about it for a second and ask me again if I was fair.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139945

So in the end my last email to the seller was

"Plain and simple your story changes everytime....I'm not some mug ok

You didn't buy insurance because there is no consignment value on the consignment label. You cannot insurance an item with USPS that has no value. You said you paid $50 for the shipping but you actually paid $21.08 as that is the charge made on the shipping.

I've told you a few times, I come to the States, I ship things back and I also have friends ship things overs as well.

I don't care that I have the bar. What I do care about is people who make up stories to try and ramp up their profit or to limit their losses because they were had. I'm not that guy who gets seen off. I told you what I want......shall we ask what others think?

It's a matter of principle with me so $25 back will end this waste of time for both of us....

Thank You"

So anyway guys, who do you think is right here??

Gary

[ADMIN NOTE: REPLY DIRECTLY TO THE POSTER VIA EMAIL OR PM. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD]

Last edited:
Back