Pricing thoughts

Finally test drove the gen 2. I came away felling that the praises and criticisms here are both valid.

I have a chance to deal on a dealer demo with 1000 miles. It's blue, the only color I want, and CF package. Sticker 205k new.

I have a price in mind but would love to hear your opinions. I've been a 911 guy for many years but have admired the NSX from afar and value the input of long time enthusiasts.

Chicago area.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Last edited:
I've heard $20-30K off of MSRP for a loaded one gathering dust is gettable from a motivated dealer. Not sure how many of those are out there. Try to find another blue one on the ground and work the dealers against each other. Some one else posted that he was having problems finding a great deal like that, so you may need to dial-for-dollars to find your best deal.

Even if you get "only" $10-15K off, that would be a great deal, IMHO. I suspect/speculate that Acura will soon offer some "Model Year End" factory lease deals on some targeted stale inventory, which will likely dry-up the market for $20K+ off "steals."

Finally test drove the gen 2. I came away felling that the praises and criticisms here are both valid.

I have a chance to deal on a dealer demo with 1000 miles. It's blue, the only color I want, and CF package. Sticker 205k new.

I have a price in mind but would love to hear your opinions. I've been a 911 guy for many years but have admired the NSX from afar and value the input of long time enthusiasts.

Chicago area.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Hey steve this one at McGrath? If so there's a big rock chip on passenger fender. They told me 169 is best they could do

Hey steve this one at McGrath? If so there's a big rock chip on passenger fender. They told me 169 is best they could do

Yes, but there's been some confusion on which blue car we are discussing. They apparently have three. I was hoping to see it in person Saturday but that didn't happen. Dealers can be frustrating. We'll see how it shakes out.

Thanks all for your input.

Which McGrath, downtown or the other one West of the city?

I bring mine to the downtown store for service and they take great care of me.

If you need any restaurant recommendations in Chicago, just let me know.

The downtown store is the one with the miniature putt putt golf course right? :)

Never knew you were from Chicago area - that is our home turf! Bought a few Lexus from their McGrath dealers back in the day. The entire west suburbs have changed so much from when I was growing up there in the mid 90's.

Did you know Chicago has one of the few blue R34 street legal cars around? My buddy owns it and still has it to this day!

OP: If you can snag the car for the mid $160's you are well ahead of the game. Drive it for a year and you can probably sell it with little to no loss!

Euro

Their Lexus store across the street has a putting green. I took my IS350 theres for service and they also took good car of me.

I haven't found one at the Acura store down town. They do have a Zen room for folks into that.

The R34 may have been at Rise and Drive in May (or it could have been an R32). The guy was well versed in bringing JDM cars into the US.

Talking to Westmont, but the car is downtown. I didn't mean to sound like they were a problem, they were great when I visited and didn't hesitate to let me test drive one hard. Just some communication breakdowns after the fact.

We are still working on it and I'm hopeful. The conversation has turned to the new one they have. Much of the delay is me deciding whether I want three toy cars or to part with one of my 911s.

I was looking at storing Mr. Vette in a garage 250 miles away and I decided that three cars is not happening.

I sold Mr. Vette in april and have been shopping for an NSX since.

I am picking it up today or tomorrow.

They are available nationally in the $150k's, but credit unions don't like (at least mine didn't) out of state purchases of autos.

My other car is a CTS-V (1st Gen)

Congratulations

Are you into lead and mercury or Blue Oyster Cult?

Looking forward to some pics after you take delivery.

I am into everything that is music.

I worked for Dio, believe it or not.

Great guy with a set of the best pipes in the business.

Congrats on the purchase Heavy. My first love was sound engineering but couldn't figure out how to make a living at it. Thumbs up on Dio and all things related.

I decided to walk away from the deal at this point. Considering putting the 930 up for sale and see if that market is still strong. I usually spend about 30 seconds on car decisions and write the check, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on this one for some nagging reason.

Thanks again for the input.

Steve

Back