Prices going up???

or are some owners a bit delusional about how much a 91 NSX is worth???

$42500 for a 45000 mile 91??? I had to call the guy to see if he meant $32500:redface: I asked him if that was the real price and he was confused by my question..."whadya mean?" "it's extra clean with chrome rims, yada yada yada..." ....OK, good luck, I hope you get it, click...

He wasn't the only one on Autotrader asking more for a 91-93 then people are asking for 98-2000??? quite a few gold plated NSX's out there I guess...

I just don't understand how someone puts their car on the market for $10,000 over going prices:confused: :eek: :redface:

Might as well start shopping for a NA2 now that the prices are the same.:tongue:

Early "low mileage" 91-94 coupes will retain the most value and appreciate more (percentage wise) in the future compared to other years in my opinion. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask around $40K for a '91 NSX with 45K miles if you factor in the fact that owners of early low mileage '91-'94 Supra Turbo are asking around $30K. It's the Fast and Furious effect.

I don't care how clean it is...$42.5K for a 40k+ mile '91 with no FI is about $10k over market....Thats great if he can find a sucker, err, I mean uninformed buyer, but I would buy a 3.2/ 6 speed before I paid that much for a 91-94...

My first NSX that I bought in 03 was a "clean" blk/blk 91 with 49K for $30K...

guess I stole that one:biggrin:

Maybe some rich guy from Dubai will buy it...you never know. That means mine is worth at least 40K :wink:

Back in the Market? Or you just busting this guys chops...Lol

Nah...even us rich guys in Dubai know the correct pricing for 1991 NSX's...ha ha :tongue:

Kidding of course about the rich factor...

I don't care how clean it is...$42.5K for a 40k+ mile '91 with no FI is about $10k over market....Thats great if he can find a sucker, err, I mean uninformed buyer, but I would buy a 3.2/ 6 speed before I paid that much for a 91-94...

My first NSX that I bought in 03 was a "clean" blk/blk 91 with 49K for $30K...

guess I stole that one:biggrin:

It seems high to me also, but that's my opinion, just like yours. The fact is that things change.... Maybe in a few years that "42.5k" for a 40k mile nsx will be average price. Who knows.

Stephen

Nah...even us rich guys in Dubai know the correct pricing for 1991 NSX's...ha ha :tongue:

Kidding of course about the rich factor...

Rich enough to throw down big $$$ for an '02 conversion...:wink:

From my observation, prices has been on the rise during the last year but starting this year since the economy has hit a brick wall and falling quick, nsx are coming out of the wood works and prices are going down.

Should have sold my 91 last year :rolleyes:

ohwell :)

regards

Rob

From my observation, prices has been on the rise during the last year but starting this year since the economy has hit a brick wall and falling quick, nsx are coming out of the wood works and prices are going down.

Should have sold my 91 last year :rolleyes:

ohwell :)

regards

Rob

++1:frown:

If you look on Prime Market, you'll see 2 pages of NSX's for sale dating back from Jan 08. Granted a few have sold, but the other 20-30 are not selling right now. Cash is tight, can't get loans as easily and many are in financial bind. Just judging by this fact, there is no reason for the prices to be going up. If anything, owners end up settling for less if they really want to sell it. Now there's too much supply and very little demand for this type of vehicle. Let's see what happens this summer. I wish I was wrong. According to CNN, this is just the beginning of the end of the housing crisis. Take what you can now or hold out for 3-4 years before you start seeing values on anything start to go up.

Last edited:
++1:frown:

If you look on Prime Market, you'll see 2 pages of NSX's for sale dating back from Jan 08. Granted a few have sold, but the other 20-30 are not selling right now. Cash is tight, can't get loans as easily and many are in financial bind. Just judging by this fact, there is no reason for the prices to be going up. If anything, owners end up settling for less if they really want to sell it. Now there's too much supply and very little demand for this type of vehicle. Let's see what happens this summer. I wish I was wrong.

its a great time for buyers.

i purchased my 97. if i had more $ i would get another one. love these things to death. :biggrin:

its a great time for buyers.

i purchased my 97. if i had more $ i would get another one. love these things to death. :biggrin:

you would think, but check out Autotrader.com or cars.com and you'll be amazed at what some people/dealers are asking for 91-93's...there are some NA2's for the same price...I'm all for getting as much as you can for your car, but I think there is alot of delusional sellers out there, who see a 91 going for $35-40K and think that it will actually sell...Good luck finding a sucker, errr buyer:redface:

91 X, As your in the market, what are you finding?
Have you looked at / driven many? Whats out there?
How much are nice ones going for?

Mark... you want a targa cause you LOVE mine! LBB is the sweetest color...and you know it!

you would think, but check out Autotrader.com or cars.com and you'll be amazed at what some people/dealers are asking for 91-93's...there are some NA2's for the same price...I'm all for getting as much as you can for your car, but I think there is alot of delusional sellers out there, who see a 91 going for $35-40K and think that it will actually sell...Good luck finding a sucker, errr buyer:redface:

IMHO There are lots of entry level buyers which means early cars are more sought after. I was in the same boat, wanted a NA2 but "Settled" for NA1.

If the car is in "A" Condition and has low miles (under 50K or so) and the service is up to date with full documentation I think a 91 is probably worth $30-$32K bone stock.
If the miles are lower than say 30k then its probably worth maybe $35K.

You can always ask for more...and go down. You cant start low and go up...

Early "low mileage" 91-94 coupes will retain the most value and appreciate more (percentage wise) in the future compared to other years in my opinion. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask around $40K for a '91 NSX with 45K miles if you factor in the fact that owners of early low mileage '91-'94 Supra Turbo are asking around $30K. It's the Fast and Furious effect.

+2

Also the economy is not effecting the wealthy, people are still buying exotics. IMO exotics will always retain their value as only the wealthy can pretty much afford them NSX included.

IMHO There are lots of entry level buyers which means early cars are more sought after. I was in the same boat, wanted a NA2 but "Settled" for NA1.

If the car is in "A" Condition and has low miles (under 50K or so) and the service is up to date with full documentation I think a 91 is probably worth $30-$32K bone stock.
If the miles are lower than say 30k then its probably worth maybe $35K.

You can always ask for more...and go down. You cant start low and go up...

A low mileage '91 NSX with <30K miles should be worth as much as this guy asking for his '94 Supra ($58K) http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=1587 . If you own a NSX and contemplate selling it, wait until after the next installment of the Fast & Furious movie is out later this year. I could be wrong but I believe the NSX will be in the next movie. NSXs are screaming buy right now, they are extremely underrated and undervalued (but not much longer).

A low mileage '91 NSX with <30K miles should be worth as much as this guy asking for his '94 Supra ($58K) http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=1587 . If you own a NSX and contemplate selling it, wait until after the next installment of the Fast & Furious movie is out later this year. I could be wrong but I believe the NSX will be in the next movie. NSXs are screaming buy right now, they are extremely underrated and undervalued (but not much longer).

IMO this is a very common and way over done misconception. F&F simply came about because of the already growing demand and interest in modifying imports. F&F just happened at the same time, the reasons supra's are worth so much has little to no correlation with F&F. Do you think a 30-40 year old man decided to buy and modify a supra to 600whp because of some goofy movie that odds are he didn't even watch? The reason supras are expensive is because they are the most durable and have the most potential in their relatively small 'sector'. The VR4 is way behind, the 300zx is overly-complicated, the FD's engine is garbage, and the NSX is expensive to modify/insure etc. 1000whp stock block/rear end/transmission is why they are worth so much.

What the movie did was open alot of folks eyes that thought fixing up a civic or celica was awesome. They found nice eye candy, and then it went from there. The market definately went from buyers to sellers.

Back