Price for OEM 2002 wheels?

^What tire sizes and suspension are you running? The rear tires look beefier than usual. Are you running spacers in the rear?

20mm front and rear I believe.

I'm guessing that price was from your local dealer for a set of "take offs" (stock wheels removed from a car for aftermarket or special-order ones at the time of delivery of the new car). It's extraordinarily low for a dealer parts department that orders a set for you, since it's less than the price the dealer pays for them.

Sorry i meant £4000! Or $6301.92 to be precise.:wink:

Looking at running some Advan RS II myself. I have a 99 Targa with 16/17s running on Bridgestones. There is plenty of thread life left; so...maybe $2K???? That would help defry some of the cost. I am really on the fence since I can do a lot more to the car before getting the wheels. But I am getting anxious!!! :)

I prefer the 17/17 combo I dunno why it's frowned on

Some people say it makes the rear wheels look smaller than they really are. I guess it has to do with the way the NSX sits. Some wheels seem to have that effect, others like the '02+ don't.

Some people say it makes the rear wheels look smaller than they really are. I guess it has to do with the way the NSX sits. Some wheels seem to have that effect, others like the '02+ don't.

Excatly. Depends on the style. Also a lot of this is just what your are used to looking at. That looks good, anything else looks "weird". The guys that have 17/18 think it looks best, but to a lot of OEM owners its a bit weird. The guys that sit low think anything medium is a 4x4, the guys that sit OEM think a lot of cars are ridiculously low and kind of weird. The guys that have their wheels spaced way out think OEM is hellasunk, the guys that see OEM everyday think the pushed out wheels look weird. If you re used to seeing pop ups everyday you may think it looks more smooth or classic, if you have fixed light the others look "dated". I can name 1000 things that follow this rule. The guys that get the most compliments on their cars are usually guys that hit that middle point. When I was at OEM height, I used to think it looks great. Now I look at cars at OEM height and think they look ridiculous.

Now I look at cars at OEM height and think they look ridiculous.

wheelgap.jpg

Some people say it makes the rear wheels look smaller than they really are.
No, the problem with the appearance is that it makes the wheels look unbalanced. The NSX requires tires with a larger diameter in the rear than in the front. Staggered wheel diameters, with larger diameter rear wheels than front wheels, soften the visual disparity because the heights of the tire sidewalls are relatively close. When you use front and rear wheels of the same diameter, the entire difference in outer diameter of the tires has to be reflected in different sidewall heights, so the rear sidewalls are much much larger than the fronts. Hence, a more unbalanced look.

Back