Price differences between 01-02 model...

I've been searching online (ebay, cars.com, and autotrader) and noticed that between the 01 and 02 model there is not really a significant price difference despite the shape change in 02.

Just thought I'd share. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Those two years are interesting because you've got:

1. The last year of a famous and endearing design with the 6-speed transmission and 3.2L engine

2. The first year of a the same car but with a modern looking facelift and new wheel design.

Both are desirable IMO. I went +02 as I much prefer the look over the original and I wanted Imola Orange Pearl.

still appreciable difference. . .

I've been searching online (ebay, cars.com, and autotrader) and noticed that between the 01 and 02 model there is not really a significant price difference despite the shape change in 02.

I'm not so sure of that, my friend. Well, it depends what one would consider "significant". . .

For a clean, avg' mileage (~5k/year or less) & non-modified samples, this is the trend I've *personally* observed as of late...

'97-'01 NSX-T 6spd' (avg' miles -> 40k-60k miles)... asking price-range: $37.5k-$47.5k

'02-'05 NSX-T 6spd' (avg' miles -> 20k-35k miles)... asking price-range: $52.5k-$72.5k

Obviously, there will be extremes on both ends of the pricing spectrum for both respective model-year groupings mentioned above (attributable to mileage,color-combo', maint'/service history, general-condition, paintwork/wear-&-tear, location, time-of-year, mods'/etc').

Also, it is plausible that a very low-mileage/garage-queen '01 model potentially might be more in value than a high-mileage/weathered '02 model.

Last edited:

As Osiris observes there is a slight jump in resale due to the 02+ changes but I agree not as much as one would expect from the most radical body redesign in the car's history.

The 02+ updates are not lauded by everyone. In my experience the praise of the 02+ changes is only about 50/50, at least here on Prime. That may play a large part in why the 01 to 02 spread isn't that large relatively speaking. It's not that much more desirable for many people.

I think you'll find a much more drastic spread in the 96 to 97 price where the updates were much more significant and popular.

Back