prica advice 2002 NSX jh4na21602t000050

I would appreciate any advice on price of a 2002 silver/black 6 speed NSX I am considering. It is a bone stock, no paintwork, no accident vehicle vehicle with 24,500 miles. Maintenance is supposed to be up to date but the timing belt water pump have not been replaced. I plan on getting a PPI and verifying maintenance records but if everthing checks out , I would like to know what other more experieced NSXers opinions on what this vehicle is worth. The owner is asking $52,000.

$45k would be a steal, and is the offer I would start with, assuming the PPI checks out. You can negotiate upwards from there depending on how well the car shows.

The reason for this amount is the timing belt service; this has a time interval (72 months/6 years), as well as a mileage one. Based on age, the timing belt service is due now, or in the next few months.

45-47k would be nice.

I've seen comparable ones go for between $48K - $51K depending on how spotless, # of other interested buyers, california car, etc...

Thanks for the info . Also does anyone know a good PPI place in Cincinnati,Ohio. I remember reading a couple of posts about a place called Source One Automotive in Goshen,OH (Cincy suburb) that is supposed top be a good independent NSX shop.

I would think that 45k would be a decent price for the car - the guy asking 52k in this economy is at full dealer stretch - not withstanding the usual Kelley and other price guides. I feel like DocJ has the number right 45-47k but I'd make sure to let him show you how it's been driven - let him take you out and watch how he uses the clutch. If that clutch is going bad and it doesn't take a lot to head them south - that's a huge replacement cost in the 3.2s. I know it's got low miles but my friend Keith here in Atl bought an 04 with those miles and the clutch had just been replaced. Some folks ride the clutch at lights and just don't know what they're doing - sad but true and that is 5k or more at a dealer - not that you would use a dealer but I'm just sayin.

The TB/wp is an item that is 7 years or 105k miles - the other figure used in another reply to this is for the 3.0. It's different - but still the time is up. Is it gonna blow - no - not unless you plan on some pretty hard track time immediately. Even then - it's just one of things most don't want to risk. That service alone is 1500 or something like that.

Today's economic climate has produced some awesome deals for the buyer - it's a bad time to sell your toys. This guy is going to have a hard time getting 52k. Good luck. Hope it works out - but where has this guy had his car serviced? If it's at the local dealer - there are records you can check. I'd get them and check it out - also - how many owners? Is this guy the original owner? That would be nice. Lots of variables but in the end a car this new with that few of miles is a good car - just make sure of the records and the clutch - you know about the TB/WP.

All the best!

Thank you for all your advice. I am going to look at the car on Friday June 18th and I will let you know what I find. My initial impression of the seller has been that he a a straight shooter. Since these cars are not very common, a forum like this is a tremendous resource. The fact that others will take time to help a stranger is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

I paid $51k for my 2003 with 29k miles 2 years ago...

I would say $45k is a good deal, $47k is reasonable... anything above that you're paying a little extra but whatever makes you happy.

$45k would be a steal, and is the offer I would start with, assuming the PPI checks out. You can negotiate upwards from there depending on how well the car shows.

The reason for this amount is the timing belt service; this has a time interval (72 months/6 years), as well as a mileage one. Based on age, the timing belt service is due now, or in the next few months.
$45k would be a good price. Just a correction, according to the manual, on the '02+ NSX, timing belt service is now 84 months/7 years, but it will still need to be done.

Thanks for the info . Also does anyone know a good PPI place in Cincinnati,Ohio. I remember reading a couple of posts about a place called Source One Automotive in Goshen,OH (Cincy suburb) that is supposed top be a good independent NSX shop.

Source One will become your source for all things NSX. I drove my NSX 1.5 hours to his shop to have work done. I wouldn't buy a NSX without running it through his shop first. You will peace of mind after getting a PPI done at the shop. It is well worth the time and effort - wish I had done it when I bought my first NSX.

Car checks out great. Plan to get a ppi at source one auto in Milford, Ohio. Only thing that concerns me is the lack of headroom with the targa on. Can anyone with a Dali seat cushion give me advice on how much extra head room these provide. I am six foot tall and I was not really comfortable with the targa on. My head was just touching the bottom of the targa. By the way these cars are absolutely stunning in person! Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,
Prospective NSX owner

Good luck with the search. Source 1 is ALL you need as far as an NSX shop goes. I'm 6'1 and had no problem in the nsx, was your seat all the way back??

oh and GO BUCKS!!!

afaik the dali cushion lowers your head about 1 inch

Back