PPI on cars

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy an NSX, I found one not to far from my house. and will be going to look at it Wednesday. This is my first "exotic" car and was woundering how I would go about having it PPI. What did you guys do and who did you use? The car is located in Long Island, NY and I'm from Westchester, NY. Your help is very much appreciated as I can't wait to join the community.

-Erik

Isn't Larry Bastanza up there? He'd be the one I'd try and get. You can find him here and pm him. Check out the car first and see what you think before you get a ppi. It may or may not be a waste of time.

Larry is in Warwick, NY. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from Long Island. I would not trust any Long Island Acura dealer with looking at a NSX- most of their techs have never seen one and the ones who have told me all they do is prettty much replace dead batteries because the owners don't drive them.

I would have looked at this car for you, but I just moved to Colorado. :) There might be a Prime member there who can check it out for you on LI. If it looks good, it might be worth the travel $ to have The Master do a more thorough PPI.

Larry is in Warwick, NY. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from Long Island. I would not trust any Long Island Acura dealer with looking at a NSX- most of their techs have never seen one and the ones who have told me all they do is prettty much replace dead batteries because the owners don't drive them.

I would have looked at this car for you, but I just moved to Colorado. :) There might be a Prime member there who can check it out for you on LI. If it looks good, it might be worth the travel $ to have The Master do a more thorough PPI.

Hey guys I went to look at it today. And I bought it, I feel the PPI wasn't needed since all the records for the car are there and everything has been replaced with the last 10k miles. All the bushing, and ball joints are NEW and the hoses and every thing under there has no rot. Clutch, timing belt and brakes were also done. There are a few scratches and marks on the car, Ill most likely get the front bumper and hood resprayed... I was a little shocked at the power, I came from a 500hp VW R32 so everything feels slow. but I cant wait to pick it up tomorrow. On my way to register it now!!!!

Warwick isnt far, After I get it and put a few miles on it i'll prop bring it up to him to have a look at... Does Larry have an NSX prime account, website, or number I can get a hold of him at?

Thanks, Guys

-Erik

Last edited:
Erik, congratulations on the purchase of your NSX. Posting pictures of the car is a requirement on this site. Did you do a VIN search on this site and/or google prior to purchase? As for a PPI, I'd highly recommend it and from a qualified NSX technician. If Larry is doable, then go to him...nothing but positive comments. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that the PPI comes out clean.

As for purchasing an NSX without a PPI, I would not have taken the risk..and I'm a risk taker. In the end it may all depend on what year and miles are on the car. Enjoy the drive, I do. Its not the speed for me its the driveability and enjoyment. If I want speed I get in my Grand National..........

Erik, congratulations on the purchase of your NSX. Posting pictures of the car is a requirement on this site. Did you do a VIN search on this site and/or google prior to purchase? As for a PPI, I'd highly recommend it and from a qualified NSX technician. If Larry is doable, then go to him...nothing but positive comments. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that the PPI comes out clean.

As for purchasing an NSX without a PPI, I would not have taken the risk..and I'm a risk taker. In the end it may all depend on what year and miles are on the car. Enjoy the drive, I do. Its not the speed for me its the driveability and enjoyment. If I want speed I get in my Grand National..........

Pictures will be up tomorrow when I pick it up. Im really excited

Yup I searched here and though all the vin checking systems. I also went to the dealership it was maintained and got the whole print out for the service. Along with the orginals from the owner. In the end though larry will be going over it.

Last edited:
I'm on LI...where was the car located? My car's at Larry's right now getting the works done...including a few toys. You're gonna love the car.
It's a blast to drive and show me one car for 23k that can get you that head snapping reaction from on lookers.
Enjoy it!!!

Now wait a minute here Sid- what's this stuff about being a risk taker- you bought a super low mile 96 - had all the records and it was perfect - so what risk??? That car of yours was a totally safe bet dude. Now mine was one that cost me a bit too much in my opinion but it's a good one now after I've spent 5k on it and getting ready to put some more in - Swifts, bilstiens, new tires - haven't decided whether to go max performance or not. It's either star spec or DWs.

Now why don't you just fly you self out to Atlanta and ride with me to NSXPO and fly home from there? That's what you need to do! Whataya say ole chum....cheers! :wink:

Now wait a minute here Sid- what's this stuff about being a risk taker- you bought a super low mile 96 - had all the records and it was perfect - so what risk??? That car of yours was a totally safe bet dude. Now mine was one that cost me a bit too much in my opinion but it's a good one now after I've spent 5k on it and getting ready to put some more in - Swifts, bilstiens, new tires - haven't decided whether to go max performance or not. It's either star spec or DWs.

Now why don't you just fly you self out to Atlanta and ride with me to NSXPO and fly home from there? That's what you need to do! Whataya say ole chum....cheers! :wink:

Tim, your all mixed up:smile: I'm a risk taker in general. My NSX purchase I felt came with little risk. I did get the PPI though (actually paid by the seller) really to make sure there was no frame/accident damage. Now the car I looked at before that, basically the same car but with 60,000 miles, was a smoking deal but no records. Had there been records then maybe I'd take a risk..but I just did not feel comfortable with the risk of no records and not a high level of confidence the car was well cared for. So I spent $120 to have it inspected and guess what, accident damage. So I passed. So in the end the seller paid for the PPI and added insurance albeit a dealer who I would not take to to have them work on my car. We'll have to talk more about me flying to Atlanta for NSXPO mate....

Well guys today was the first full day of owning it!!!! All i can say is WOW. Im in love.

One Picture in my driveway with my Turbo R32 in front of it.
2011-03-17_17-30-07_866.jpg

Well guys today was the first full day of owning it!!!! All i can say is WOW. Im in love.

One Picture in my driveway with my Turbo R32 in front of it.
2011-03-17_17-30-07_866.jpg

Is that a snorkel exhaust? :biggrin: JK
looks nice, but we need more pics. Show her off.

Is that a snorkel exhaust? :biggrin: JK
looks nice, but we need more pics. Show her off.

It took a min to see the exhaust thing HAHA.... yes it the streets around here have been flooding with all the rain, I needed to get it done. After seeing someone post a video of one driving through 2 feet of water I thought id give it a try.

Ive been out enjoying the car, just stopped back home to have some green beer and Corn beef. But I'll def get more pictures soon. I wanna get Black CE28s and a ARP spoiler along with some new seats. All in due time:D

Last edited:
Haha...maybe. I'm looking for an NSX right now and if I find one soon I might take you up on it. PM me the dimensions and what you would want for them.

Nivce NSX man :)
details on ur purchase?

black on black
5-speed

Mods:
-Tien Monoflex coilovers
-Carbon fiber type-r hood
-DC cat-back
-headers (not sure of the brand)
-Side skirts (not sure of the brand)
-SSR gt3s 18x8 and 19x10
-Carbon fiber intake box.
(i have all the stock parts as well)

Issues:
-driver side window doesn't work (trying to find more info so i can fix it next week)
-looks like a tow hook hit the front bumper on the passenger side. (will respray the hood and bumper in next few weeks)
-Curb on one rear wheel
-Rip on the driver seat
-2 dings (really small, a PDR can get them)

All maintenance is done and I wont have to do anything major for a couple of years.

Future:
this year I would like to get the Exterior all straighten out.
APR gt300 spoiler
Volk CE28s
and the front sprayed

next year:
Interior needs to feel more up to date.
Red Carpet
Momo steering wheel with type-R horn
type R shift boot
billet shift knob
E-brake handle.
Headliner and pillars redone in black
and a Pair of Recaro Poles in Jersey Red/ and red suede.
And some Carbon bits

third year:
that will be 6 years on the timing belt,
rebuild motor (I would like a 3.5 with 12.5:1 or 13;1) but its way to early to tell
replace everything that needs to be
SOS ITBS
and tuned on e85

Well guys that was short lived... i sold the car last week. i got an offer i couldnt really refuse, bought it for 21k and sold it for 29.5k... I will buy another one soon but i got a really good deal on a Z06 so ill prop own that for a few months then sell it too. lol. it was fun while it lasted. :biggrin:

Back