PPI needed So Cal Beverly Hills

I'm looking to purchase an NSX in the So Cal beverly Hills area. The seller says he is located in Beverly Hills so anyone know of a PPI around that area? I will need to arrange for PPI and if everything checks out I'll be on my way down south to pick up this car. Thank you.

Never seller didn't come through but I'm thinking more along the lines of a SCAM! Here's how it went.

First everything went smooth. I ask him for additional pics and he sends them to me. I ask for the vin and he sends it to me. I ask for the license plate numbers and he said that he'll get it to me but never did.? So I ask for a PPI. He says ok. Pick the spot send me the money and I'll return the results over to you. I said no, I arrange the PPi, you take the car there and they charge my credit card. So he says ok. I find the place to do the PPI (Southbay Acura Thanks Ediddynsx) and arrange a date so their NSX tech will be available. I have sent two email and no response... WEIRD right? Before I arranged the PPI he was willing to take the car there after I mentioned for a PPI. Then he starts talking how we were going to do the transaction. He was saying that after the PPI if everything checks out I could send him the money through bank transfer. In three days when the money clears I go down to pick the car up. I said NO WAY! If PPI checks out I'm driving down there and paying you with cash. He goes on about how its not safe carrying that much cash. So I go ok, we'll do a bank transfer but as soon as I pay I'm taking the car. You write me a transfer of title agreement or bill of sale. Then when the money clears you send me the title. After saying that he agreed, so I arrange the PPI. Well never heard from him since. So if anyone knows this dude tell him he just lost a potential buyer. I smell more of a scam though.

91 red NSX located Beverly Hills. VIN number JH4NA115XMT000397

I bet you he wasn't even located in Beverly Hills.

Something to think about.

I am glad people use and trust their instincts when it comes to large purchases. I have heard so many horrible stories.

What was the price? If it is lower than $20,000 without being salvage or high mileage, then it is an automatic scam.

How long has it been since losing contact? Did you talk to him on the phone or only email? Try to get his phone number and calling him. That will give you a better indication if it is a scam or not.

Who was the recommended PPI person, btw.?
Was it someone at SouthBAy Acura?

Back