Power Folding Mirrors. Do NSX's have them?

So me a few of my friends were talking about their Civic Hatches and Integras and power folding mirrors came up. Ive always wanted a set so i decided to search to try and find some. I found nothing at all. I was wondering if the Japanese NSX's came with power folding mirrors?

Why would you want power folding mirrors? Just curious...

Well i always wanted them on my integra. Since they dont have them for the s2000 i have, and im going to be getting an NSX soon i wanted to see if they exist. I like them, kinda like a JDM bling factor.

So you dont have to run around the car to fold them out like if you were in a chinese fire drill

lmfao:biggrin:

Mine are powered.....by my hands and arms:wink: To the OP the nsx side mirrors do pivot or swivel in.

So you can squeeze between those two trees when offroading, without scratching the mirror housings...at least that was the use shown in an Acura SLX commercial.

In other words, I have no clue why one would have "always wanted a set" of power folding mirrors.

I have power folding mirrors on my Avalanche. I thought they were silly at first but I actually do use them more than I thought I would. Mainly when parked on the side of the street.

But I've never folded the mirrors in on the sides of my NSX and am clueless as to why you'd need to. If you are parking your car where there is danger of another car swiping it, I'd find another parking spot.

in fact it's a pretty standard feature in Japan, HK, and other asian countries where parking is so small and tight. sometime they have some underground parking lot that you just won't be able to open the door or even fit in without folding the mirrors.

yes, they have those in small cars like civic, corolla and even 180sx.

and hey when you were doing 163mph, hit the switch, you could have gain a little more speed to reduce air resistance!

Re: Power Folding Mirrors. Do NSXs have them?

For anyone who has no clue what these guys are talking about here is a video. These sorts of mirrors have been around longer than the Internet. It's a nice conversation piece.

and hey when you were doing 163mph, hit the switch, you could have gain a little more speed to reduce air resistance!

:rolleyes:Ferrand that knocked me out I wonder if the SCCA or ICSSC would frown on my setting that up on my formula car:biggrin:? They may call it a movable aerodynamic device:tongue: LOL great tongue in cheek! Hey if I got 1 or 2 more mph down the straight it would be worth it!

I had them on my Supra and Escalade. They do come in handy when you are trying edge past a pillar or other type of obstruction when parking. I used them all the time while driving by my garage entrance so I could get as close to the side of the garage as possible.

if someone could find a way to fit them on the nsx, possibly a system from another honda car, I would be greatly interested

but I wonder how much weight this would add

4-5 pounds total (based on the difference in Subaru mirrors; I'm sure Honda wouldn't be too far off). The motors aren't that powerful. You can hold them back with a finger.

I'm not sure if I'd want them or not on an NSX, but I sure do wish my wife's Honda Pilot had them. She has a difficult time getting in the garage. :frown:

In the last 4 years I've had to replace 2 driver side mirrors and 1 passenger side mirror. If she had the power folding mirrors she could hit the switch and it would give her another 9 inches to get in the garage. I mean I'd really like to give my wife the 9 inches :biggrin:

In the last 4 years I've had to replace 2 driver side mirrors and 1 passenger side mirror. If she had the power folding mirrors she could hit the switch and it would give her another 9 inches to get in the garage.

If you had power-folding mirrors she'd be trying to line up the edge of the door with the the edge of the folded mirror...instead of the edge of the extended mirror. You'd be replacing fenders.

If you had power-folding mirrors she'd be trying to line up the edge of the door with the the edge of the folded mirror...instead of the edge of the extended mirror. You'd be replacing fenders.

LOL - Thanks, you know I never thought about it that way. But now that you say it :eek:

Back