• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Possible purchase: JH4NA1153MT002752? Tacoma/Seattle Car (1991)

I saw the car on Craigslist and after speaking with the seller, decided on it. It formerly belonged to BPUSupra on here, but was sold in 2004. Pretty much disappeared after that, at least off of here. After running the VIN, the car comes back 11 owners (BPUSupra was number 6), mostly on the West Coast. It has been converted to the NA2/02+ front end, and has various aftermarket mods; many of which I would have done myself. Does anyone have any more info that I may not have found?

Just wanted to chime in and say that if it is the black one on CL right now.......I think it's a steal. Car looks amazing in the pics and I hope it's the same or better in person. Good luck with the purchase!

We'll see on Friday afternoon, I suppose. All of it is contingent on the PPI, but if everything checks out; the car is sold. There's a few little inconsistencies with the car, higher mileage, not too many service records, needs the ABS pump serviced. Things like that, I can make peace with.

Wow Prime, almost 200 views and 1 reply. Guess this place isn't as helpful as it used to be.

Not every primer has info on every nsx out there, perhaps you should be thankful that 200 people were willing to read your post but when you ask for more info they weren't able to provide any. Good luck on your inspection Friday.

I think this is the same car that was recently discussed on Facebook. Charles ended up passing on it as the seller was not willing to do a PPI. And I think changed the selling price. So not sure what the deal is with the seller.

It may be taken down, then. Long story short on the car; I passed due to a number of factors.

The seller did not have any service records. It was an 11 owner car, with 3 duplicate titles. These things didn't bother me too much, but more of the other things did. The ABS light is on, which may mean the pump needs to be cleaned, serviced or replaced. However, the seller was adamant about not having time to take the car to get a PPI done, even when I scheduled it and offered to pay out of pocket for it. His reasoning was that I needed to buy the car first, then whatever inspection after would be "on me, because at that point the car is mine". Yeah, not going to work. I even offered him an out and offered to drive the car while there to get inspected, and he refused; saying that he didn't want anyone driving the car without buying it. He gave me the "if anything major is wrong, I'll refund your money" line.

Then things started getting odd. He kept stressing that it was a solid car, but wasn't interested in getting an inspection done. Then he brought up having a sick child, getting off work at 6pm, and not having time to get an inspection done, ever. He flat refused to drive the car to get a PPI done, period. Then a day ago, he messages me saying he recently brought an 04. So he has time and money to go buy an NA2 but not to get this one inspected? And you want me to bring cash?

I cancelled everything, the tickets, the hotel, the shipping truck. I didn't even want to look at the car at that point. I'm not going to be told "buy the car as is or don't" when I'm flying 2100+ miles just to look at it. He said he'd sell it locally, so someone local most likely got duped.

Pass.

The seller's name is David Kang, and the VIN is JH4NA1153MT002752. The original Craigslist ad price was $31,000. Last I checked before it's at $38,000. He's been raising the price the entire time I've been talking to him. The ad is still up, under Seattle Craigslist. It's the 1991 black/black, with the 02+ conversion and a whole hell of alot of Instagram filters.

Not a helpful post, but thanks.

my post will be very helpful...................don't buy this car!.................unless you can get for say 25k...

Gentlemen, you'll be glad to know that I passed. I'm probably going to look at Shawn's car next.

Such a shame. I was burned once when I flew from NM to TX to get a NSX. He showed up at the hotel with a different intake on the car and upper end motor noise. I drove home in a Kia Soul rental. Take your time and the right one will find you

Refusing to get a PPI done is all you needed to know. At that point in any deal, it's time to say "thanks, but no thanks"

11 owners??? Wow!!! Take your time and be patient, that right one will come along.... There is a couple nice deals on autotrader right now btw.

Refusing to get a PPI done is all you needed to know. At that point in any deal, it's time to say "thanks, but no thanks"

11 owners??? Wow!!! Take your time and be patient, that right one will come along.... There is a couple nice deals on autotrader right now btw.

Second the autotrader comment - this popped up in my alert email today. Looks pretty decent if everything checks out:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ml?listingId=388391070&LNX=MYATCALERTSEMLSRCH

Thank you, Primers! I'm still looking, but one will find me soon.

Good on you! I would have done the same.

It may be taken down, then. Long story short on the car; I passed due to a number of factors.

The seller did not have any service records. It was an 11 owner car, with 3 duplicate titles. These things didn't bother me too much, but more of the other things did. The ABS light is on, which may mean the pump needs to be cleaned, serviced or replaced. However, the seller was adamant about not having time to take the car to get a PPI done, even when I scheduled it and offered to pay out of pocket for it. His reasoning was that I needed to buy the car first, then whatever inspection after would be "on me, because at that point the car is mine". Yeah, not going to work. I even offered him an out and offered to drive the car while there to get inspected, and he refused; saying that he didn't want anyone driving the car without buying it. He gave me the "if anything major is wrong, I'll refund your money" line.

Then things started getting odd. He kept stressing that it was a solid car, but wasn't interested in getting an inspection done. Then he brought up having a sick child, getting off work at 6pm, and not having time to get an inspection done, ever. He flat refused to drive the car to get a PPI done, period. Then a day ago, he messages me saying he recently brought an 04. So he has time and money to go buy an NA2 but not to get this one inspected? And you want me to bring cash?

I cancelled everything, the tickets, the hotel, the shipping truck. I didn't even want to look at the car at that point. I'm not going to be told "buy the car as is or don't" when I'm flying 2100+ miles just to look at it. He said he'd sell it locally, so someone local most likely got duped.

Pass.

The seller's name is David Kang, and the VIN is JH4NA1153MT002752. The original Craigslist ad price was $31,000. Last I checked before it's at $38,000. He's been raising the price the entire time I've been talking to him. The ad is still up, under Seattle Craigslist. It's the 1991 black/black, with the 02+ conversion and a whole hell of alot of Instagram filters.

For what I would have paid for this car, I found a 3 owner, completely stock, recently serviced Formula Red 1993; 4 miles from my apartment. Glad I passed.

Back