• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche owners?

This is for the knowledgeable Porsche enthusiast's. I'm intrested in this car:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-rsr-clone-street-track-show-car-seattle.html
I can get it for around $34,000ish. I have no prior Porsche knowledge and would like some honest feedback about owning a car like this. It would be a daily driver as I'd have the AC put back in {he's still got all AC parts}. Am I in over my head with this? I don't know about reliability for these years models. Any kind of constructive criticizim will be appreciated. Thank you so much, Jose.

Good luck driving this on the street.

Most of us like to think of our cars as "streetable race cars" -- this one would be one awful street/race car. Driveways will be eye-openers.

Clearly this is a track day car that can be driven from the garage to the track and back -- but should be trailered.

Doubt you could register it in California.

Nice car though, pretty good buy at $34K.

(Oh yeah, PCA member since 1965.)

It is a nice looking car and body kit. With 104K miles,......hmm ....I would bet that the car will be more in the shop rather than be driven. The best answer would be Tbromley until then the fat lady has not sung.:biggrin:

Porsche enthusiast or not, this is not the type of car to be used as a daily driver. Yes the pictures make the car look appealing, but they are taken by a professional to make the car look amazing. The roll cage and lack of some interior panels will make the car annoying to drive on the street. I'd pass.

Guys I appreciate the feedback as I will pass on it. I recently sold davidf back his NSX so I'm now in the market for a new toy. I've been tossing back and fourth the idea of a Pcar or and clean E46 M3. Again, thanks for your valueble input, Jose.:smile:

Glad you passed it up. Huge list of mods/cage/104K miles and DD don't go in the same sentence.

What are you looking for? Do you need a back seat? The 993 had 270 Hp. A Cayman S has 290+ depending on the year. It is mid engined(like the NSX) and has decent amount of trunk space.

Jose is looking for the 911 platform. He's coming from a 350Z so back seat is not really an issue. I assume the 993 shares that same design somewhat. Yeah I think he'd be happy with one.

It may not be a 911, but it is a great car. :wink:

Car looks great, just no sure if I want another convertible the up keep is too much $$$. I just pick up another car of my yesterday from the upholstery shop had to get a new top...:mad:

Back