Porsche 996TT vs NSX vs Supra Turbo/TT

Nsx is more reliable than either or and IMO has better handeling potential.

Porsche is fastest modern technology, companies decline post 50k Warranty.

Supra is bloated and not very hot looking IMO but tons potential boasted.

996 is one of the most UNrewarding driving experiences of my life. Well, at least among cars that are supposed to be "sporty".

Supra (and 996 for the most part) are not NEARLY as exotic looking compared to the NSX.

Hello there,
first time poster...long time lurker

at any rate, i've own a few supras myself. 4 to be exact. 94 HKS twin turbo about 800hp and a 97 greddy t88 800hp. definately a highway beast, and can shift at 9k rmp all day long. once turbo kicks in..just say good bye. but waiting for turbo lag can sometime be forever. it does not handle as well as the nsx, as far as cornering goes.

overall, i love my supra..but the nsx beats it in looks.
Trinh

I have 2 of the 3 (97 Supra/99 NSX)...

The Supra is very reliable and over engineered. Car can take abuse. They are rare too. Block and tranny are almost bulletproof. Reacts well to mods. Doesnt take much money to go fast in that car.

The NSX may lack the power but is a fun car to drive. I drive it more now then the Supra. I drove them back to back one day and they are great in there own way but I enjoyed the drive in the NSX more. I am not just saying that because I am on an NSX forum either. I love both cars and I have spent alot of time and money on the Supra but the NSX is fun.

Your right about the looks. The NSX is aging better then the Supra. I get more attention in the NSX. But when I see a SUpra on the road, I still get excited. Must be the car guy in me.

christian - I see you now added a 996tt to the list of choices. I gave my .02 over at 6speed b/t the supra and nsx since ive owned them both. As for the 996tt (since it wasnt on the list before), its a great car, but not raw and exciting enough imo. i bought my 993tt over the 996tt, and didnt regret it one bit. You do get a lot of car and hp potential with the 996tt for the low prices these days though.

(996TT/91NSX)--->

996TT is my german muscle car that pulls like a freight train. It's scary fast, reliable, and race bred. My NSX is a boyhood dream car that I had to own. It's also reliable, nimble, and gets more attention despite being more than 16 y.o. I've been looking to add a Supra but the nice ones are actually holding their value very well.

Last edited:
Nsx is more reliable than either or and IMO has better handeling potential.

Supra is bloated and not very hot looking IMO but tons potential boasted.

You really have to drive both the Supra and NSX to understand the difference. They are very different cars for different purposes. One thing you can not say about the Supra is that it is unreliable. I would go so far as to say it is more reliable than the NSX. The Supra has no problem areas or things to worry about, IE tranny, interior pieces, AC etc. The reason they seam unreliable is people break things when modding them.

One thing you can not say about the Supra is that it is unreliable. I would go so far as to say it is more reliable than the NSX. The Supra has no problem areas or things to worry about, IE tranny, interior pieces, AC etc. The reason they seam unreliable is people break things when modding them.

Is this the same reason for a majority (not all) of the NSX issues? My father always says, if you tinker with it long enough, it's going to break.:wink:

(996TT/91NSX)--->

996TT is my german muscle car that pulls like a freight train. It's scary fast, reliable, and race bred. My NSX is a boyhood dream car that I had to own. It's also reliable, nimble, and gets more attention despite being more than 16 y.o. I've been looking to add a Supra but the nice ones are actually holding their value very well.

Like your avatar. Is that your mini?:biggrin: I would like to see the back of your mini to see if it has the same theme as the front.

Who has owned any of these and what are your thoughts on each, pros/cons

Thanks

use the search button, this topic is so old, its no longer just beating a dead horse, its like beating the crushed bone dust of the poor animal that died years ago. :biggrin:

Supra rules, NSx rules, P-tt rules. you need all 3.

Back