Porsche 964 RUF on the Nurburgring

Nice Gheba. The famous yellowbird footage. That was based on the 78-88 style cars. It was fast as hell. I am not sure, but I think Paul Frère was driving it. 470hp and very lightweight.

Sure looks interesting and he seems to have car control/drifting skills but leaves many fishy questions:

1. How can the track allow such driving without a helmet or proper attire if he is flooring it and not cruising?

2. In most of the drifts, the tape seems to be edited, ie, you never see the full take from the same camera. Makes me wonder did he really pull them all? There are about 4 complete drifts from one video camera angle.

gheba_nsx said:
Point 1. is not fishy at all. No helmet and other security things are required on the ring. It is your life: you decide what to do with it...

Gheba, I am not refuting this, I guess I find it difficult to believe that the track will allow it!

No track to my knowledge in the US would allow someone to drive like that without the proper protocols, waivers, ........

Hi

The Ring is a "normal" toll road. You can go there with whatever is road legal. In a limo or a bus or a RUF Porsche or even a NSX.

I been there on my bike and you sign a paper before you are allowed onto the "track".

Read all there is about Nurburgring here

Regards

NSXLuvr said:
is that the famous yellowbird video?

Yes NSXLuvr. it is.

Hrant, all the driver is a Lemans winning driver. I think they just let him go for it. I guess he has the correct driving credentials.;)
That was a walk in the park for him.

One of the rarest of these - the AWD version - is for sale if you have a spare $170K lying around.

Great video - I just wish they had stuck with one camera more.

That is an awesome machine and great(?) driving. But what is up with the shift knob that should belong to a truck...

Back