poll

which should honda produce?

• ASCC with 500HP

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • HSC with 500 HP

Votes: 93 93.0%

• Total voters
Did you read the entire 2 threads I posted with NSX owners comparing their cars handling versus Cayman? The majority stated the Cayman rocks over the NSX, not just Ken.[/B]
If they believe so, that is good for them. I never driven a Cayman S, so I do not qualified to comment on that.

NSX
Targa 7/98 - lateral 0.92, slalom 62.1mph
Zanardi (type S) 6/99 - Lateral 0.93, slalom 64.6mph
2002 3/02 - Lateral 0.91, slalom 65.8mph
NSX average - Lateral 0.92, slalom 64.2

Cayman S
Cayman S 8/06 - Lateral 0.98, slalom 74.2 mph
Cayman S 11/05 - Lateral 0.96, slalom 71.7 mph
Cayman S 9/06 - Lateral 0.96, slalom 70.6 mph
Cayman average - 0.967, slalom 72.2 mph
I am not interested in getting into arguments. I never questioned the Cayman S #s on paper, its an amazing car. My point is comparing slalom #s and Lateral acceleration#s between 2 cars simply doesn't mean as much as it seems.

The regular NSX-S lap 1sec faster than Cayman S. Not bad for such a weak performer on paper.

I understand some of us put sweat and money in their cars to improve its handling to Type-S or Type-R standards. Are you efforts and dollars clouding your judgement or biasing it so you can self justify your dollars and time was well spent?
While this is valid point and I agree. It is not necessarily always true.

Yes, your Type R suspension will be as good as Cayman S handling, but how punishing will the ride be compared to the Cayman S?
NSX-R, NSX-S, NSX-Zero owners probably don't care. These models were were available out of box in Japan.

You know of course that now you must that video of the NSX-S vs Cayman S and Boxter S:biggrin:
Should already be available on youtube. If you can't find it, Just PM me.

Last edited:
ASCC or HSC, I don't care. Just make it a performer, don't make it an overweight pig, and hurry it up already. Honda should have done this 6 years ago.

If the ASCC turns out to be a pig, I predict the sports soul of Honda enthusiasts will march lock step into the arms of Porsche and BMW.

ASCC is UGLY...They better go with HSC!!...this looks like a 2010 Dodge Charger...what design?...HSC is far superior design

Absolutely No emotion with this car, just as stale...spaceship like...saucer..

The HSC at least has the curved front keeping in line with the prior NSX front, as well as a Mclaren like feel, due to the slight dip toward the reasr, which makes it seem like a fighter cockpit...true family to original NSX!

You got the point. It doesn't really have to be v8 or v10 as long as they make it 400+ hp with v6. Just don't like the ASCC. Acura designer got to go. I like the TL though. Honda in Japan should design the car.

Should already be available on youtube. If you can't find it, Just PM me.

Thanks Bro! That vid is freakin awesome! Put it on racingflix.com so I can save it:biggrin:

Back