• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Polished or natural aluminum

I have wheels with damaged lips and I was thinking of getting the lips polished.What would look better polished to a mirror finish or machined to a natural aluminum finish.

I've had friends say that I shouldn't do either because they are not wide lips and it wouldn't look right.What do you guy's think.(see below for pic of my wheel.)

HPIM0991.jpg

93 views no reply.Surely someone has an opinion.

I'll chime in and throw you a bone. Not that my opinion matters much since I was dumb enough to sell my NSX a year ago! What a moron, right?

I would agree with your friend. You need more lip to try the polished look. I would suggest a professional repair that can make it look like new again. JMO.

Good luck, watch out for those curbs...

Chuck

Thanks for your opinion. The main reason I wanted to just do the lip was so I could keep that black chrome. So I guess I'll get them powder coated and try to get the closest match possible. And maybe in the future I'll get some new ones.

Back