• Car # 5 $36,500, Mileage 96,000

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Car # 6 $42,995, Mileage 53,891 - NA2

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Or Just Wait =(

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK Fellas you can vote for the following: And PLease comment if you know the car. :biggrin:

Car #1 - $25,995, Mileage 159,724, NA1; There Are OK with a Acura PPI.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rs=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=21

Car#2 - $26,777, Mileage 107,000, NA1; They did not recommend a Acura PPI (Very Strange, What do you think?)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rs=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=98

Car#3 - $27,900, Mileage 90,103, NA1; OK with Acura PPI.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...s=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=312

Car#4 - $21,400 OBO, Mileage 150,300; Called, Someone might buy on Monday or Tuesday for $21,400; Ding has been fixed, loud idle and OK with a Acura PPI.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...s=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=363

Car#5 - $36,500, Mileage 96,000; OK with Acura PPI. I feel this car is way over priced. What price do you feel this car is worth? IM Leaning at 31-32K.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...s=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=111

Car#6 - $42,995, Mileage 53,891; My1stNSX says not worth buying. It was a auction repo car. And the Exterior is very poor. Most likely not a buy, But open to opinions.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...s=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=817

Car#7 Should I just wait a bit longer.

Your ultimate opinions will help me decide my future with the NSX. Please give me as much advice and criticism as you can, for it is a big decision for me. I really am looking for at a 93+, So i dont want to worry about the Snap Ring. And I really want the people who attend PAG and South Coast meet's opinions because im local and a very active participant.

Appreciate it and have fun at south coast tonight.

All opinions welcome!:biggrin:

I myself would not purchase any car with 150,000 miles on it. What do you mean they did not reccomend a ppi, who cares what they reccomend. Will they allow you to have one done? If you can swing the $43,000 as in car 6 i would look for a older model with less mileage. For that much or even a little less you should be able to find a nice low mileage car in excellent condition.

Good luck

None of them really jump out at me; of the lot I would say #3 looks well cared for; #4 could be an excellent purchase if service is complete and it passes a PPI, and #5 looks good too, but he just paid for some expensive maintinance, and also wants to recoup some of his modification cost.

You could offer to buy #5 without the rims, and lower the price that way, or perhaps negotiate a bit lower... it's obviously worth what somebody will pay for it, but with the wheels and service history, assuming he hasn't been selling for 6 months, he isn't going down to your range... a stock 93/94 is worth $31-32, he has $2k in rims, $2k in suspension, and $2k+ in service - are these items worth the additional money to you? If you're a cash buyer (immediate purchase) he might go down to $33-34k.

I would take a look at #3, but I wouldn't commit to any of them based on these ads.

In case you didn't notice, they're also all the wrong color... ;)

#3 looks to be the best balance of mileage, price, and maintenance, assuming that the 60k and 90k were fully done, and by a certified Acura tech. With a price range from $21k to $40k you can find a mint condition car though. These really seem to have very little in common, besides being black NSXs, with prices and mileage all over the map. You should focus more. If you can spend $40k, go look for a mint condition '91-'94 NSX with low mileage.

I agree!! Those two white ones are great deals!! Plus, they look well cared for with low mileage. Heck...that early model white one in Florida only has 28k miles, one owner, and is asking $32k!! If you bought it for $30k you would have an almost new car at a great price.

Noticed he is looking for Black........ deleted the orig post.
Black looks great! But is more effort than I am willing to deal with.
Been there - done that.
I would take your time, its out there. But nothing on your list looks all that great to me. 1st thing you should do is figure out if you want a coupe or T.
Then color , miles and $$$ come into play.

Good luck!

I agree!! Those two white ones are great deals!! Plus, they look well cared for with low mileage. Heck...that early model white one in Florida only has 28k miles, one owner, and is asking $32k!! If you bought it for $30k you would have an almost new car at a great price.

I agree!!! If you have the money I would recommend getting a 97 and up though. I wish I would have bought a na2 instead of my na1!!!

And Oh...NimbleSexyXquisite

Car#4 - $21,400 OBO, Mileage 150,300; Called, Someone might buy on Monday or Tuesday for $21,400; Ding has been fixed, loud idle and OK with a Acura PPI.

That someone is me, car is sold. So hands-off please.. hahaha.. =) I actually might pick it up tomorrow, as I may don't have to go to LA.

In all honesty, the car is okay, needs some TLC, which I'll gladly give. I wasn't looking for the perfect NSX, nor a low-mileage, mainly because I can't afford it. My max budget was 20K for a 91, but for a 93, I thought I can shell out the other grand. Half of the fun is fixing this up, both looks and performance, so it wouldn't make sense to me to buy a perfectly good body NSX if I were going to paint it anyway.

Interior is clean, everything works, engine bay is clean, as well as the hood and trunk. I think its a good buy, that loud idle I noticed that when it was cold. But after driving the car last night again, all nice and warm, the vibration and loud idle was gone.

niM

Had car number 6 been around a few months ago I would have bought it in a second myself assuming it's as clean as they say it is. I doubt it though. I drove 300miles to look at a 96 for $39k at an acura dealer worried I wouldn't be able to reach it. I wasn't worried about the condition before I left. When I got there it was a total turd :rolleyes:

And Oh...NimbleSexyXquisite

That someone is me, car is sold. So hands-off please.. hahaha.. =) I actually might pick it up tomorrow, as I may don't have to go to LA.

In all honesty, the car is okay, needs some TLC, which I'll gladly give. I wasn't looking for the perfect NSX, nor a low-mileage, mainly because I can't afford it. My max budget was 20K for a 91, but for a 93, I thought I can shell out the other grand. Half of the fun is fixing this up, both looks and performance, so it wouldn't make sense to me to buy a perfectly good body NSX if I were going to paint it anyway.

Interior is clean, everything works, engine bay is clean, as well as the hood and trunk. I think its a good buy, that loud idle I noticed that when it was cold. But after driving the car last night again, all nice and warm, the vibration and loud idle was gone.

niM

LoL, How Funny! OK I'll Let you have it. LoL

How was that ding? It looked pretty mean. and how does the Exterior look?, just curious.

I agree!!! If you have the money I would recommend getting a 97 and up though. I wish I would have bought a na2 instead of my na1!!!

My first choice is a NA2 Coupe

Then NA2 - T

Then NA1 coupe.

Black all Black, ONce you go black you dont go back!, (I have a Black DC5-S)

My1stNSX do you think that black NA2's Exterior paint easy and fixable?

I myself would not purchase any car with 150,000 miles on it. What do you mean they did not reccomend a ppi, who cares what they reccomend. Will they allow you to have one done? If you can swing the $43,000 as in car 6 i would look for a older model with less mileage. For that much or even a little less you should be able to find a nice low mileage car in excellent condition.

Good luck

The Dealer was OK with it, But did not suggest it. Yeah Kinda Weird! And Im willing to pay 43K for a Nice NA2, But I definately wont pay 43K for a NA1, unless its super cherry!

:biggrin:

Had car number 6 been around a few months ago I would have bought it in a second myself assuming it's as clean as they say it is. I doubt it though. I drove 300miles to look at a 96 for $39k at an acura dealer worried I wouldn't be able to reach it. I wasn't worried about the condition before I left. When I got there it was a total turd :rolleyes:

That's my biggest concern. I dont have time to just fly here and there for a dud. But if the deal and car is right, I am always willing.

Thanks for that story!

Last edited:
LoL, How Funny! OK I'll Let you have it. LoL

How was that ding? It looked pretty mean. and how does the Exterior look?, just curious.

yeah I saw that ding, but it didn't look bad at all. I barely noticed it. About the exterior, the paint is okay, like I said it needs a little TLC. Definitely needs polishing/detailing though. Let's just say that once I'm done with the detailing, it will look like a 26K car. There's a scrape by the bumper, little touch-up paint, sanding and polish will fix that. You see I don't care about these little things, because I know I can fix it. So for you, you might not let it slide, but for me, I'm more of like, is the body straight, interior is clean, no cracks, everything works (a/c, heater, radio, etc), engine running in good mechanical order, and is the body decent where its not embarrasing to bring in to a meet??? =)

good luck man

niM

That's my biggest concern. I dont have time to just fly here and there for a dud. But if the deal and car is right, I am always willing.

Thanks for that story!

Good luck with your quest sir. Like many have said before, take your time and you'll find the right car. As frustrating as that is, it always works :biggrin:

Yeah, I am very patient. I've been waiting since May of 2006. I can wait longer, but I called JSpec today and he sold his, I was going to buy his. It was like 91', w/ 67K miles for 31K, it looked good. I guess when he told me he sold it, I got all wowned up.

Vote and please comment please!

Thank you!:biggrin:

OK I will check out #1, 3, 5, In person. If it looks, drive, and sounds good, I might pull on them. But I am very picky and I want a great running car, if Im not getting the responsiveness I want from the motor, No Deal.

Waht do you guys think from the three selections?

Back