Please help Urgent

AG

Contributing Member
Can someone please help me, I am about to fly 800 miles to purchase a new daily driver NA Supra.

Problem is this guy does not have the title, he has not paid off his car loan yet, he told me we can go to the bank and pay off the loan and pick up the title, how safe is that?

what should I do, I am planning on making the trip on this Saturday.

Please info will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jason

Just a thought, but have you tried contacting his bank to confirm the existence of the title and the payoff amount/procedure? If it (and the car) checks out, there shouldn't be any problems. Good luck.

Pretty normal, as Phoen$n said verify bank/loan/payoff and that bank is open Saturday (hours). If your worried about the $$ or check on your person you could have the payoff wired pending your signature at the bank.

Thanks a lot guys, hopefully everything will be ok, and I will be driving it home on Saturday.

So if we paid off the loan at his bank, will I get the title at the same day?

Do I also need to contact my insurance immediately?

Sincerely,
Jason

AG said:
So if we paid off the loan at his bank, will I get the title at the same day?
Yes, the bank should release the lien and give over the title once acceptable funds have been received. Again, ask the bank, they may require certain forms of payment (for example, no personal checks) in order to relinquish the title.
AG said:
Do I also need to contact my insurance immediately?
Depends on your insurance carrier. Most companies give you 30 day automatic coverage after a car purchase. Review your policy or give them a call.

Back