Please help me find an NSX. Ready to buy. Having Problems.

Hey everyone. I have been reading the message board for a long time.

I have searched ebay, autotrader, cars.com, hemmings, craigslist, nsx prime for a Low Mileage, Black Targa. I cannot find a single one for sale. It is amazing. I want 30k miles or less. Any suggestions on where I could look? I am in Dallas.

I cannot believe that I cannot find a single car.

Thanks very much.

What re you looking to spend?

HERE ARE TWO EXACTLY AS YOU SPECIFIED

FWIW, I spent 14 months locating my low mileage NSX. I had a budget and a mileage I didn't want to exceed. I got extremely lucky finding one as nice as I did....but once again, it was a 14 month process.

Last edited:
I apologize guys, should have listed the price range. I want to stay around mid to high 40"s as a high, so I know the car will probably be 95-99 (or so).
Thanks for the replies.

It certainly is a bit harder than i anticipated.

Only a few hundred per year were produced, a fraction of which are black, and a fraction of those are going to be under 30k miles. Good luck in your search.

Edit: That comes off as sounding snarky, but it is not intended that way. Sincerely, good luck.

Last edited:
Only a few hundred per year were produced, a fraction of which are black, and a fraction of those are going to be under 30k miles. Good luck in your search.

Edit: That comes off as sounding snarky, but it is not intended that way. Sincerely, good luck.

You're right, unfortunately. I had a 1991 with 9k miles, but I guess it was lucky to find exactly what I was looking for.

Red NSX's are all over EBAY, Autotrader...but the black ones are hard to find at the current time.

It took me a year and half to finally find a NSX with 30,000 miles and was priced under 40,000 the funny thing was I didnt even get the color I wanted:mad: if your willing to bend on the color it could help you out I wish you were looking maybe a year ago there was a good amount I found black targa top that didnt have 30,000 miles but had 40,000 or 50,000 for like 35,000 bucks and were in great condition I would try to bend on the mileage your looking for cuz these cars with 40,000 or 60,000 still perform great if maintenance is up to date or if you have the patience like I did your baby will find you someday good luck man oh fun fact their is 473 of them out there I figured you want a manual trans but that number is a mixture of black and tan interiors lets hope you dont care about that cuz the number will be smaller then that

Last edited:
Be patient. Watch. Watch some more. Look at a few. Get what you want.

My last one took me 9+ months to find.

You are finding out what many buyers have come to find. That buying an NSX is a process, not just a singular event.

well said, I started looking again 8/08, purchased 1/09. Take your time, prices get cheaper in the winter also!

There is only one reason you see a 2004 for 40k - wrecked! No other way! It may not be bad damage but there has got to be a lot of something done to get a car that would otherwise be worth 55+k for 40k. You can bet on it!

Price aside, I would be weary of any vehicle posted on autotrader that does not include a VIN or multiple photos. Autotrader lets you post 4 at no extra charge.

Im weary of posting a VIN. The extra pictures MAY call for some reservation.

I'll say this; if anyone is seriously interested in this car - one call to the "owner" and your questions could be answered. If it's not a scam - the guy says it's a good first one - um what does he mean by that???? I'd say the truth would either come out pretty quick as in: Question - has it ever been in an accident?; or why was the car painted? The answer to that would tell you one of 2 things: if it wasn't a direct answer then it's a scam - move on OR answer: it was wrecked - move on! IF the whole car was painted and it was wrecked; most likely it was major damage!

The only problem with a lower mileage car for me is that I would feel guilty driving it. Each mile you put on one of those super-rare low mileage cars decreases the value a ton. At the same time, I feel guilt-free daily driving mine that I bought with 103k miles.

Man, this obsession with low mileage or any mileage and guilt to drive is crazy! A low miler driven is only depreciated to the value of the miles....period. Now if you pay a big premium to get one with low miles then it might cause some concern but you gotta ask yourself - "what are you buying the car for"? Is it to polish and look at and drive sparingly to show and say "I have one" or did you buy the car to drive it.

If you are buying to drive then why buy a car with super low miles - that 99% of the time has had no maintenance to speak of and needs everything - buy one with a few more miles and some maintenance history and drive the car.

Geez, I bought mine to drive - I made that mistake once when I bought a collector car - a super low mileage (12,500) Turbo Look 87 Cabrio 911 and was going to drive it and then I started thinking like Doug - man my car is really depreciating with every mile I put on it and I got nervous to drive the car - and I sold it. Now the truth of the matter is that the car actually was appreciating - something I don't believe any NSX is doing unless it's Senna's car or something - and I could have driven it with no effect to the price as I later determined from others selling with higher miles. Now that's not a fair comparison to NSXs in that the basic models haven't started appreciating but they do hold their value really well and the lower the miles the higher the value is a basic benchmark for all cars.

That's just a story of mine, others probably have their own stories too. But if you are buying an NSX I surely wouldn't be buying it to keep in a hermetically sealed package in anticipation of the car appreciating. There are all kinds of thought on this subject but the car is all about driving, the same is true of Porsches. That is after all what they were meant for and what I believe is the fun of owning the car - but that's just me. I love driving and I really love driving my NSX! :smile:

Back