Planet of the Apes review

I am curious as to what you all thought about the movie.

I liked it, but I think the original was better. I really didn't like the ending of the remake.

Thoughts? Comments?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I waited over a year for it to come out and I really, really wanted to like it, but it blows. There was nothing good about it.

- Lame script.
- No outstanding scenes.
- No outstanding performances.
- About a thousand loose ends that just made no sense what so ever.
- Pathetic ending.
- Even Kipling had less reliance on unbelievable events to move the plot forward.

I am a die hard Tim Burton fan, but he totally screwed the pooch on this one. I would gladly go into the endless list of things that just don't make sense, but that would give away to much of the movie.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 29 July 2001).]

David is right on. I was eagerly awaiting this movie due to the director and the visuals, but unfortunately all three (!) script writers should be made to scoop the ape cages at the national zoo. I would not even waste my money on the rental.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Oh yeah, the new planet of the apes was officially the worst movie ever made. Several minutes in, they butchered the most amazing line ever said in a movie.

get your damn hands off me you filthy human.... damn was i pissed.

Back