Pirelli Zero Nero GT

Anyone try these yet? They come in NSX friendly sizes (215/40/17 and255/35/18). I know these are new but was just wondering. I have never been a big fan of Pirelli tires, but the Zero Nero tires according to tire rack outperformed the Michelin Super Sports.

This raises a question I have had for some time. Why don't these show up with a "search by size" on TireRack? They appear under the specific brand and tire but not when I simply specify the size combo. It's frustrating. Would love to understand that aspect of TireRack along with anyone's thoughts about the PZero Nero GT.

I was wondering the samething about the Tire Rack site. It happens to me when I type in 205/45 R16 & 255/40 R17 custom sizes and the Bridgestone RE-11 doesn't show up. I can get them to show if I go to specific tire brand and use those sizes......

I just called TireRack to find out. They don't come up in the search because they have different speed ratings. The 215/40-17 is w-rated while the 255/35-18 is y-rated. Given the insignificance of that difference, I guess searching is going to have to be by one size at a time.

LOL I was wondering the same thing. Glad you made the call and solved that issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone try these yet? They come in NSX friendly sizes (215/40/17 and255/35/18). I know these are new but was just wondering. I have never been a big fan of Pirelli tires, but the Zero Nero tires according to tire rack outperformed the Michelin Super Sports.

That said, they do make the tires for the P1, so that should be good enough for me!

They did not out perform the Super Sports, the Nero Zeros did out perform the Pilot Sports which is a lower performing tire then the Super Sports.

Bumping this old thread to get some updates as I'm considering them in the scarce 17/18 sizes. I'm looking for good turn-in and handling precision along with decent ride, not too harsh. Less concerned about ultimate grip, I'll push them but not crazy hard. I don't care about wet grip since I don't drive the car in the rain.

Bumping this old thread to get some updates as I'm considering them in the scarce 17/18 sizes. I'm looking for good turn-in and handling precision along with decent ride, not too harsh. Less concerned about ultimate grip, I'll push them but not crazy hard. I don't care about wet grip since I don't drive the car in the rain.
Still hard to beat the Dunlops Direzza's Z11's in that size and now the Z111 is out dont think you can go wrong, there are always going to be different opinions about whats best but these are proven performers right up at the sharp end of handling and performance

I have had these tires for two seasons, and about to start the third. I have about 12k miles on the set.

For what you describe, they are just fine. I have used them for three track days in total and they are competent on the track. They have good turn in and decent handling. On the street, the ride is quite smooth. I know you don’t care about rain, but I’ve driven them in severe downpours and they are quite hydroplaning resistant.

They are wearing nicely, but I expect to have to replace them at some point this season. Again, I’m impressed at 12k miles and three track days on them so far.

They are NOT Pilot Super Sports by any means. Not even close. I have those on my CTS-V wagon and they are amazing as far as ultimate grip and turn-in. I’d almost give my left nut to have those in a NSX-friendly size. However, for my NSX’s intended use as primarily a cruiser and fun street car, the Zero Nero GTs are just fine.

HTH!

Thanks for the input guys, and for your additional info on this in a PM to me neuronbob. This seems to be a good choice if you don't want to go to Tire Rack's Extreme category (which has one less member in the 17/18 club since I don't see Yoko AD08R's in 215/40-17 at Tire Rack any more.)
I agree it would be great if Michelin PSS's or the new Conti ExtremeContact Sport, which seems similar, were available in NSX-friendly sizes. I would not hesitate to get either of those.

I forgot I had done that, LOL!

tire rack is having a sale on the out going Z11.....nice tire.

Back