• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picture of custom speaker job (Center Speaker)

I know I have seen a photo of this car before, where the center speaker is between the seats, I think this guy had installed two 5.25"s

Can anyone point me to an install like that?

Thanks

FYI: the Ford GT also has a sub in between the seats via the factory.

Seats_Subwoofer.jpg

Awesome!

I guess that was an 8" solo-baric? Looks really kool!

Dont know is behind that center speaker, but I like the fact that in lowend's picture it has been replaced and also pointed upward instead of straight ahead.

Is that your setup lowend?

Ahh...

Seeing these modifications makes me wonder why no one in California hasn't modified the panel behind the centre console to be a fold down so you can access the trunk and fit your skiis or surfboard in???

Or maybe they have.... :tongue:

The stereo should be kept OEM IMO...

:smile:

AU_NSX said:
Ahh...

Seeing these modifications makes me wonder why no one in California hasn't modified the panel behind the centre console to be a fold down so you can access the trunk and fit your skiis or surfboard in???

Or maybe they have.... :tongue:

The stereo should be kept OEM IMO...

:smile:

...unless you like some 'boom boom' ;) I have two boxes with kicker solo-barics behind my seats.... kinda stinx though because you lose a lot of leg room.... I do like this center speaker idea, as well as the passenger floorboard....

I like the idea if there wasn't so much 'bling' and it looked somewhat subtle. I would like to move the sub to the center as I need all the legroom I can get and most passengers are tall too.

MiamiMermaid said:
...unless you like some 'boom boom' ;) I have two boxes with kicker solo-barics behind my seats.... kinda stinx though because you lose a lot of leg room.... I do like this center speaker idea, as well as the passenger floorboard....

that is a good way to keep any men from driving/riding in your car. any over 5'10 anyway. :wink: :smile:

You know all the guys that compete professionaly, want to get their bass up front. They go through all sorts of lengths to do this. Here we have the NSX that has a sub where it belongs, up front, and now you want to move it to the rear?!

The front is the best location sonicaly for a number of reasons. Also Hal has gone through the trouble and save everyone a lot of time and money by custom fabricating a nice well-fitting, excellent sounding box that fits flush and is not seen.

You can spend double the money and it may be 'different', but I seriously doubt it will sound better, in fact I am almost certain it will be worse.

You obscure your view, you have a woofer too close to the head, it is in a location where it does not couple to the body like the front unit, phasing becomes more of a problem.... and honestly, I think it looks terrible (but thats personal).

Save yourself the headache and get Hal's box and be done. :smile:

Aero said:
I like the idea if there wasn't so much 'bling' and it looked somewhat subtle. I would like to move the sub to the center as I need all the legroom I can get and most passengers are tall too.

that is a good way to keep any men from driving/riding in your car. any over 5'10 anyway. :wink: :smile:
haha... it's funny because one of my best friends is 6'7" and while I was in Miami, I was constantly taking the box in and out of the car... (the targa too) :eek: :tongue:

TURBO2GO said:
You know all the guys that compete professionaly, want to get their bass up front. They go through all sorts of lengths to do this. Here we have the NSX that has a sub where it belongs, up front, and now you want to move it to the rear?!

The front is the best location sonicaly for a number of reasons. Also Hal has gone through the trouble and save everyone a lot of time and money by custom fabricating a nice well-fitting, excellent sounding box that fits flush and is not seen.

You can spend double the money and it may be 'different', but I seriously doubt it will sound better, in fact I am almost certain it will be worse.

You obscure your view, you have a woofer too close to the head, it is in a location where it does not couple to the body like the front unit, phasing becomes more of a problem.... and honestly, I think it looks terrible (but thats personal).

Save yourself the headache and get Hal's box and be done. :smile:

I hear what you're saying about a bit of 'unsightliness' but, having had a system in all of my cars, if you really like "boom", it is best placed behind the seats..... the sound resonates and there is also that nice added bonus of a 'sweet massage'..... but, again, it truly depends on the sound you are seeking.

what hardware used? Amp location?

MiamiMermaid said:
haha... it's funny because one of my best friends is 6'7"
I reckon that this person isn't a "she"... :D

I'm quite impressed w/ some of those custom jobs in the pics above! Stealth is the name of the game (as well as being a clean-looking install w/ function).

Here's a picture I copied a while back from an old post. I don't recall who's car this is but I liked the clean install of this sub.
5115NSX_SUB.jpg

Back