Pics of the next real NSX

I found this funny picture.

I found this under Google image under "lightguy"

great representation!!!

[Admin Note: Image link removed June 30, 2009]

Just looked at the Evora prototype at a sneak preview.
Check your local Lotus dealer as it may be coming to your town.
If its not an NSX clone I'll buy Vancehu ( Gesundheit ! ) a beer.
If he's old enough.

Last edited:
I stumbled across this old thread and found this.

I found this under Google image under "lightguy"

great representation!!!

[Admin Note: Image link removed June 30, 2009]

This is one of the most offensive things that I have seen on Prime for a long time. Vance, you act incredibly insensitive and self-righteous, but this is rude, juvenile and brings your posts to a new low.

Do you know anyone who is "a retard"? Do you or any of your friends have any acquaintances or relatives with Downs Syndrome? I do. In fact, I had a daughter who was, in your eyes, "a retard". She passed away at a young age.

Vance, stop acting like a ten year-old bully on this site. Respect other people's opinions (just as you expect other people to respect yours), and retract that horrible post.

Last edited:

This is one of the most offensive things that I have seen on Prime for a long time. Vance, you act incredibly insensitive and self-righteous, but this is rude, juvenile and brings your posts to a new low.

Do you know anyone who is "a retard"? Do you or any of your friends have any acquaintances or relatives with Downs Syndrome? I do. In fact, I had a daughter who was, in your eyes, "a retard". She passed away at a young age.

Vance, stop acting like a ten year-old bully on this site. Respect other people's opinions (just as you expect other people to respect yours), and retract that horrible post.

ChopsJazz I agree 100% with what you posted that picture is offensive to a lot of us who have friends or relatives that many consider "retards".

Vance what does it matter if the poster has $$$ to buy and NSX or bought the NSX new? If money is all that matters to you then you got some messed up sense of values.

Cheers,

AR

Last edited:

Never mind, I found it, sorry the post didn’t suit your taste; since it is almost a year old, I can't delete it demanded by your PM.

However, I’m not going to argue with you since Mike Cruz spoken highly of you recommended me to chat with you about trumpet playing. This will be the only post responding to you.

One thing I will say to clear your miss-conception regarding this picture - It was found under the word “Lightguy” under the google image search, directed at the comments made by the prime member Lightguy, not you or your daughter. This is also a 12 plus months old thread, so if you felt the need for going after me by reopening an ultra old, unimportant thread with no useful information other than accusing me of calling people with Dawns Syndrome retards, you have some serious issues.

Therefore, I’m also sorry to hear that you considered your daughter of Down's Syndrome a “retard” because supposedly some one "like" me did. Please keep this in mind, I have worked with mentally challenged people for over three years through a church while lived in Seattle, AND they are not “retards.” I have also spend time with children dying of cancers. Please don’t use your daughter as leverage when this thread has nothing to do with her, and labeling her as a “retard” in my name. You need to apologize for accusing of me calling people with Down's Syndrome as "retards."

Sincerely

Vance

Last edited:
hey chops... so every time you see a movie containing the word retard are you going to demand the hollywood community an apology in the name of dawns syndrome?:confused::confused::confused:

btw say hi to mike cruz for me
tell him ill detail his car for him next time he is down :biggrin:

hey chops... so every time you see a movie containing the word retard are you going to demand the hollywood community an apology in the name of dawns syndrome?:confused::confused::confused:

I also ask my friends or students to refrain from objectionable language, and so should you. Some language is hurtful (such as the expression "that's so gay) and I will object to it when I observe it.

What does Hollywood have to do with it?

By the way, it is Down's Syndrome or Down Syndrome. It is named after the doctor who first described it. It is not Dawn's syndrome.

Last edited:
I also ask my friends or students to refrain from objectionable language, and so should you. Some language is hurtful (such as the expression "that's so gay) and I will object to it when I observe it.

What does Hollywood have to do with it?

By the way, it is Down's Syndrome or Down Syndrome. It is named after the doctor who first described it. It is not Dawn's syndrome.

Maybe he was referring to someone that ate too sucked on too much Dawn soap... you never know.

Vance is well known to misspell words. So please don't be offended by the way he spelled "Down Syndrome."

And I don't really want to get off topic, but unless that's a new picture, it says, "I AM A MORON," not retard.

But I do agree that the title is a little off. The Evora is built very similar to the NSX.

I'd call it more of an NSX copy.

homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.jpg

Wow - the kids in the sandbox aren't playing nicely. Should we get an adult involved? Looks like some certain grumpy pants need a timeout.

Just looked at the Evora prototype at a sneak preview.
Check your local Lotus dealer as it may be coming to your town.
If its not an NSX clone I'll buy Vancehu ( Gesundheit ! ) a beer.

I would say the Evora is more a contemporary incarnation of a Ferrari Mondial;

2+2 rear midengine ...

Happy to see this concept surviving. I would have loved to see Honda developing a 2+2 NSX ...

I would say the Evora is more a contemporary incarnation of a Ferrari Mondial;

2+2 rear midengine ...

Happy to see this concept surviving. I would have loved to see Honda developing a 2+2 NSX ...

The "+2" is in theory only. The smallest +2 area I've seen on any car. The Mondial looks like a stretch Limo in comparison.

The Evora shares the same basic stats;
All Aluminum @3,000 lbs.
Mid engined Transverse V-6 @300HP
One writer to Autoweek even won the weekly prize in his letter calling Lotus out for copying the NSX.
I was disappointed in the Evora. Lotus has to up the ante not copy a 10 year old design. I have had a deposit on the next Esprit for quite awhile and EXPECT it to break new ground. If its a Ferrari 360 clone I will pass. Sadly.

However if you are looking for "A brand new NSX" this is its twin.

Folks, the similarities between the Evora and NSX only go so far..

Quality & Reliability - the NSX and Evora are likely on opposite extremes. That alone will sway many owners away from Lotus. Besides, the NSX styling is always look fresh. Many of you guys know this, people see the car and they think it is a new model.

NSX replacement - There is no replacement, not even Honda's V10 fat pig.

Well, having owned a Lotus (Elise), I would not worry about quality and reliability. The recent stuff coming from Lotus is quite good, unlike prior days, and the Evora seems to have addressed the "hard edges" and extreme spartan accommodations of the Elise.

I'd certainly choose the Evora over the Cayman. The upcoming new Esprit seems to be more where Honda thought the next NSX would be. Although, I think that was stupid on Honda's behalf.

Honda should have built something like the Evora but with a true successor to the current NSX engine. A turbo 3.5/4 liter V6 with 400 plus HP. Priced in the Evora's price range, it would have been just fine.

-Jim

Back