Pics of the completed engine

I have some pics of the engine and turbos. I am going to ask Chris Wolf to post them for me.

Rob

Ok boyz; here they come . . .

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Rob, looks like a NX shark wet nozzle and the two switches remote bottle and master arm with led...nice, the coin tray local looks sharp. I am very happy for you.I know you waited a while. how she drive as if I need to ask.
Best Regards David

I will break it down into 5 catagories:

Engine:

Sleeve Block -
Surface Block -
Line Hone Mains -
Resize Big Ends of Rods -
Bore and install Bushings in Rods -
Balance V-6 Complete -
Mag Crank and Rods -
Hot Tank Engine -
Valve Job -
Cylinder Head Porting -
Surface Heads -
Assemble Motor Complete -

This is the parts list,
J-E pistons and Rings -
ARP Main and Head Studs -
ARP Rod bolts -
Rod Bushings -
Comptech High Volume Oil Pump -
Modify Timing Belt Tensioner -
Rod Bearings -
Main Bearings -
All Gaskets & Seals -
Darton Pro Sleeves-
Denso Super Fuel Pump-
HKS Fuel filter-
ACT stage III clutch-

Turbo Kit:

Bell Twin Turbo running 11lbs of boost with dual intercoolers-
Greddy Type S Blow off vlave-
Greddy Catch Can-
RC 550 Injectors
AEM EMS

Nitrous Kit

Nitrous Express 150 Shot Wet kit-
NX Bottle Heater-
NX Remote Bottle Opener-
NX Full throttle switch-
NX Fuel pressure Cutoff switch-
NX Nitrous pressure guage-

Accesseries

Autometer Fuel pressure guage-
Autometer Boost guage-
Autometer EGT guage-
Atuometer A/f ratio guage-
Comptech swaybars-

Stereo

Alpine MP3 in dash CD player
ADS P850 8 channel amp
Focal Utopia seperates
Custom built subwoofer enclosure with an 8 inch Phoenix gold sub

I have not run the car at the track yet. I am planning on taking it on the 24th of May to Mason Dixon Dragway. The weather here has been bad.

Gerry Johnson did the work on the car. I flew him to Baltimore from Modesto to do it. I had a great experience with him and would recommend him to anyone.

David,
Thanks for the nice reply. I may take the NSX to Tampa to visit my brother sometime in June. If I do we have to hook up and I will let you take it for a spin.

Rob

Last edited:
The bell kit makes what? 400HP? So with the 150 Shot of Nos, you should be about as quick as Geri's car... Does that sound right?

I am hoping to hit mid 10's with the nitrous. Nitrous is a completely different animal than just turbo. You have an instant 150 HP as soon as you hit the switch, no spooling. I will try to find my dyno chart from just the nitrous and post it. I activate it at 3500 RPM.

I have driven Gerry's car and the acceleration is outragous. Anyone close to him should stop by the shop and go for a ride. It is absoloutly awsome. I wish he had the NOS kit installed when I drove it. He has not only one of the fastest NSX's around but in my opinion the best looking one. I want to keep mine looking stock from the outside to suprise the Z06's and Vipers.

Rob

nsxlover said:
I want to keep mine looking stock from the outside to suprise the Z06's and Vipers.

Rob

Hitting mid 10's.. you might want to surprise Enzo's!!

That is quite a setup. Have you dynoed it yet?

Sorry if you already said and I just missed it, but who did all your engine work? Did you arrange shop facilities and have Gerry do that too?

Gerry did all the engine work. I had the engine removed at a local shop named Altered Atmosphere and shipped it out to California to Gerry. Gerry did all the work and shipped it back to Baltimore. I then flew him in to do the engine and turbo install. The car is scheduled to be dynoed on the 22nd of May. I do have the AEM installed on the car and it is working as advertised. I am hoping for somewhere around 600 RWHP +-

Rob

nsxlover said:
Gerry did all the engine work. I had the engine removed at a local shop named Altered Atmosphere and shipped it out to California to Gerry. Gerry did all the work and shipped it back to Baltimore. I then flew him in to do the engine and turbo install. The car is scheduled to be dynoed on the 22nd of May. I do have the AEM installed on the car and it is working as advertised. I am hoping for somewhere around 600 RWHP +-

Rob

Is that Estimated RWHP with NOS? If so how much?

600 at the wheels sounds possible I would think. With all the block and head work, 11 pounds should produce 4 and change pretty easy. Add the 150 blast and (conservatively) 550 at the wheels would be my min. estimate.

PS- Rob is certifiably a maniac. (In a good way, no offense) He emails me the pics and asks when and what Gerry is doing to my car, like if he's doing the block too. He adds "I should get the block done so I can run 15-16 pounds , and a NOS Shot for GOOD MEASURE ! Sane people don't consider a NOS Shot "Good Measure!!!!!!! Like it was Flu Shot or something! Hilarious!

Definitely post the dyno graph when you get it done! Sounds like quite a project. Hope to see you at a DC area event sometime and check out the car.

That is estimated right now. I will have dyno plots and exact numbers next Friday for Black&Tan to post for me. I dynoed at something like 250RWHP completely stock. With the shot of 150 it was something like 395 to 400 RWHP. With the port and polish and all other work done to the car I am guessing around 20 to 30 HP at the wheels. 11lbs of boost should yield around 180 to 200 HP at the wheels. Again this is just estimates. Added up should be around 600 +-. Not positive about the 11lbs of boost but everything else is pretty close. Does anyone know about what 11bls of boost would yield on the NSX with no cats?

BTW, Chris you know you are thinking about it.......

I can't wait to see Gerry's new numbers as he is running 20 lbs of boost now with a 75 shot of NOS.

Rob

The output of the turbos will be closely linked to their efficiency at that boost level.

Have you surpassed the break in period yet? If so, how is she driving now?

It is passed the break in period, however Altered can't finish tuning it until the 22nd. It is driving really nice. I can't wait until the final tuning.

I think we all have some of it in us, just some more than others. For me it is never enough...or fast enough. You know, I think you are right, I have a speed disease. Diagnosis is speeeeeed...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tuning

Rob, you really need to get a progressive controller from NOS or a Jacobs mastermind to control your spray, with the turbo in the mix you can set it up to spray 75 out of the gate ramping up to 150 over say 2 seconds...while your turbo spools up and then have it ramp back down after the turbo kicks in.or just a steady ramp to warp 10.. 150 shot plus turbo,my only concern being traction.bet the back end wants to get a little loose:D . how is the built in nos control on the ems?I am sure Gerry covered all this stuff with you,I just want the info. when come the short gears? talk about freaky deaky sicko steroid induced adreneline!!

As for your trip down here in june you took all of the wind out of my sails...like hey rob check out my latest nos setup. you reply thats nice;) you can count on me taking you up on the offer to test drive..I know just the spot!
Best regards David
ps joking mode off: I am dead serious about you implementing a solution to control the sqeeze. when you have to do that you know your car is a bad a$$. without it I think hooking up will be a real problrm

did you replace the spring actuated boost controllers with a vaccum controlled boost controller???

if you did, please give me the details since I would like the adjustability with using an electronic boost controller...

thanks,
Allen

Back