Pics of my new mods

1TITENSX said:
Props on the car Charley :smile:

Did you ever get the NSX-R hood from this post (post #18)? link

No. I thought it was a pretty crappy imitation of the NSX-R hood. The scoop is too shallow and so the hole ends up facing almost straight up and being almost flat on the hood rather than being at an angle.

Charley,

Your car looks great! I would not expect anything less based on your last NSX, Now I see why you are selling your smartenna!

Hope to see you again at the next local meet.

Regards,

Nate in DC

I'm impressed! Looks very nice. :wink:

pocky said:
That is one beautiful NSX! Please tell me you have high res pics? Maaaybe in 1024x768? :D

my '00 nsx was white and i thought it was a good looking car.

yours - with the mods - is sooooo much nicer. very cool ride.

be well.

Looks good.
Im impressed with the steering wheel job. I may look into that more someday.

Now that we are done talking about the car, give us some photos of the female next to the car in the photos. Specs on her ? Modifications ? Monthly payments, Maintenance costs on her ? :biggrin: :wink:

Just wondering if it was you on either 495 North bound or 267 East bound yesterday at around 7:30 pm. I was going from Rockville to Dulles airport when I saw a white NSX with wings west kit on the opposite side of the fwy.

What a sight to see this car on the road! I was in DC for a week and didn't see any NSX until just 30 mins before I left town.

CDub said:
Just wondering if it was you on either 495 North bound or 267 East bound yesterday at around 7:30 pm. I was going from Rockville to Dulles airport when I saw a white NSX with wings west kit on the opposite side of the fwy.

What a sight to see this car on the road! I was in DC for a week and didn't see any NSX until just 30 mins before I left town.

Yes, that was me. I was on my way to a poker game in Rockville.

hey charley, i pmed you about the s2k antenna mod,
thanks,
Greg

looks good! keep it blinging... :biggrin:

NSXchnk said:
hey charley, i pmed you about the s2k antenna mod,
thanks,
Greg

A lot of people have been PMing me about the S2000 antenna DIY. I tried to respond, but I found it too difficult to explain without pics. I wish I had taken pics during the install.

In any event, the person to call to order the part is Jeff Goetz, at 440-777-9400. He is a parts manager at a Honda dealership and fellow NSX owner. I think he charged me $85.

I based my install on the very bare bones instructions on this thread.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40570&highlight=s2000+antenna

The install is pretty simple. The tricky part is extending the coaxial able that connects the S2000 antenna with its amplifier box. I opened up the box, snapped the cable with pliers, and sautered on a one foot piece of coaxial cable I use for my TV to separate the box from the antenna. This will all make sense once you buy the antenna and inspect it.

The second tricky part is that the power source to the S2000 amplifier box consists of one cable while the NSX plug that plugged into the stock antenna assembly has 4 wires. You have to test each of the wires to determine which of the four provides the power. Then you have to snap that wire off and connect it to the one wire coming out of the S2000 amp box. Again, this will all make sense once you inspect the actual S2000 antenna.

Pretty sums it up! Hey where are you located in DC, not exactlocation but what sector? I'm in the NW near Silver Spring, MD

Back