Picking the right NSX for myself..

Let us know how you like it!

I absolutely LOVE IT. It's completely different from my FRS. Driving this car makes me a BETTER driver. The way I see it. The FRS drives for you. As for the NSX, YOU drive it ;). Two random people already asked if it was a Corvette or a Ferrari. lol.

It's just a crazy feeling how I hop on to the NSX and then I switch to the FRS. It shows how much technology has changed over the years. That being said, I've gained so much more of an appreciation and respect for this car. Absolutely positively love it. I don't care how much I'll be spending in the future as far as maintaining goes because this is my baby!

Congrats man!! You are in for one hell of a journey!!!

i absolutely love it. It's completely different from my frs. Driving this car makes me a better driver. The way i see it. The frs drives for you. As for the nsx, you drive it ;). Two random people already asked if it was a corvette or a ferrari. Lol.

It's just a crazy feeling how i hop on to the nsx and then i switch to the frs. It shows how much technology has changed over the years. That being said, i've gained so much more of an appreciation and respect for this car. Absolutely positively love it. I don't care how much i'll be spending in the future as far as maintaining goes because this is my baby!

Congrats. Care to share price? VIN? and mods? Wheels look nice.

I'll give the VIN later, it's a 1991. There's NO record whatsover on this VIN. Mods just springs and the wheels. Everything else is complete stock. I took it for a smog check yesterday to finally get my car registered ,and the guy who did the test told me that this is a VERY CLEAN NSX; esp. since it passed everything. He def told me to take care of it.

Minor scratches here and there obviously since it's 20 + years old. But those are small things that I can change. Engine is super clean, no leaks at all. Interior is like close to brand new. I'm the 3rd owner.

I got it for 26k.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean by "changing the motor"? Have you driven one, and discovered that it lacks power? Or do you want to swap out the engine with a Corvette block or something? I don't understand your intentions and the reasoning behind them, especially since you say it's going to be a "prize" car and you don't care about performance.

Exactly my point why I had to bring this up to the NSXPRIME. I was a little bit clueless, but someone on here invited me to an NSX meet and I went there. It answered all my questions ;). And so I got my NSX that I wanted and it's definitely what I expected :). ABSOLUTELY love it.

That's a really nice NSX you found. I recommend you drive it for a year before starting the mods. When I first got my NSX, I was adamant I was going to do the 02 conversion, 6-speed swap, NSX-R everything, etc. After a while, I discovered the car is pretty awesome as it is and only did a few stealth mods to improve my driving experience (JDM gears, NA2 headers, suspension, 2002 wheels). I think you may find the same thing.

I recommend you drive it for a year before starting the mods.
+1 on this. Live with it for a while and see what you think before modding. The car is very different in pictures vs real life and you may find your preferences change.

Don't listen to these guys. I had a supercharger on order before I took delivery of my car.

LOL...

Yeah don't do what I did.

Great responses! I've spent about $65 this past week on gas but that's me having fun with it. It's gonna be a weekend car for me as I have the FR-S to drive.

So far, this is how I feel. The moment I hop on my FR-S, I feel like a pussy. It's such an EASY ass car to drive. As a matter of fact, it's like the car drives for you. Nothing wrong with power steering, but I LOVE the fact that this NSX isn't power steering at all. My friend just got a BMW a couple days ago, and I was extremely BORED riding in that car. There's just no excitement. I couldn't wait to get back on my NSX.

I don't plan on doing mods for a while. I love the way how the car is. But I'll prolly do some small accents here and there.

What do you guys think? Keep the color?

People keep saying that I'll attract the cops with red.

Congrats, I remember the excitement when I first drove my NSX. Grin from ear to ear. I say keep the color, unless you realy want it changed. Don't worry about the cops. Hold off on modding it for awhile...just friendly advice for your walet.

ggpaul,

yeah, BMW is a dime a dozen on the road. I'm starting to see a lot of BMW and Mercedes in the "ghetto" neighborhood area. Either the cars are salvage and cheap or money is growing in the backyard hehehe.

I think it's a myth that red attracts police officer. If you're doing 90 MPH, then it doesn't matter if you're driving a red or white car.

Last edited:
Don't listen to these guys. I had a supercharger on order before I took delivery of my car.

LOL...

Yeah don't do what I did.

Hahaha...I bought mine with a CT Surpercharger already installed so no chance to drive mine N/A.

Back