Pick up mine last week!!

Picked up mine wednesday!!

Hi All,

Me and my wife picked up my new baby 91 NSX Blk/Blk 52k last wednesday. It was a a long exhausting trip from Michigan to Arkansas and back but It's all worth it.. I rented a "auto-transporter" from U-haul ($240 -one way) and towed it with my 99' Toyota 4runner.
Picture from u-haul in arkansas.
LinkPhoto

Getting the NSX onto the trailer was a little bit tricky. First the spoiler is to low for the ramp. Second there's no way to get out of the door once on the trailer because of the (trailer's) fender on both side is blocking it. I just found out that the windows are best way to get out of the car but the draw back was you cant close the windows- so what I did was just cover the window with some plastic bags using tapes in case it rains. Picture from the rest area on the way back.

LinkPhoto

It was close to 20 hours drive on the way back and it was an adventure indeed - Almost everybody at the gas stations and rest areas wants a glimpse and a small history of the car - you probably know what I mean - right? The small talks of admiration?
Thumbs up!!!

First thing I did when I got home is unload my NSX and gave it a good bath and some waxing.

LinkPhoto

I'll have more details on my next post. Oh, by the way any advise on the A/C - I'm not getting cold air - Is it just freon or something more serious? How to check?

Thanks to NSX Prime and to all those who took their time to help me out.:p

Last edited:
Re: Picked up mine wednesday!!

jagtiger said:
any advise on the A/C - I'm not getting cold air - Is it just freon or something more serious? How to check?

Take it to a professional who has the equipment to recover the freon and use dyes and an electronic "sniffer" tool to check for leaks.

If the system needs recharging, this would be a good time to convert the A/C to the R-134a refrigerant.

NSXTASY,

Thanks for the info...as always!!!I'm taking it to the dealer this week...;)

Hi, jag"Tiger",

This is Tiger, too. :D
Congrats and enjoy your new car!!

Hey TigerNSX! What a nice name! Should be a good personalized "plate number"..Hmmmmm..
Thanks!!

Hi Joel,

Didn't drive it because I don't want to put a lot of mileage on the car. Also, I was thinking I'll be getting some stone chips and bugs all over. I'm glad I didnt drive it - you should see my black 4runner - It needs some serious cleaning from bugs and road tars, stone chips - a lot of debris out on the roads because it's "yellow barrel season". Thanks!

:D

where in michigan are you located? I'm looking for other owners in west michigan (grand rapids area).

Hi DNYHOF,

I'm in Oakland Mall area, I'd say about 2.5 hours drive to grand rapids. I just hope we could organize a "NSX Night" in Dowtown Royal Oak one day. I know there's a lot of NSX owner's within southeartern and western Michigan.

Back