Pic Request: Brembo vs. Stopteh calipers

I have searched and cannot seem to find a picture of a Brembo 4-pot caliper next to a Stoptech 4-pot caliper. From what I have seen the Stoptech appears to be larger but by how much I am not sure. Thanks

Get this one:D

Brembo Enzo brake kit, 410mm rotor:eek:

p1.jpg

minus the OVERdone graphics on the caliper and the nasty wheels, that ENZO caliper looks MONSTER MONEY! :biggrin:

The Brembo GT caliper (if this is the one you are referring to) is a tad smaller. Stoptechs 4 pot caliper is a better product, and cheaper too.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I just wanted to see if the slightly larger Stoptech caliper looked better since for me the upgrade is purely atheistic.

Not totally correct. I just purchased 7 sets of various wheels with perfect offsets, and tried them all on the Stoptechs. They all cleared. It is in the spoke shape, and offsets used. Many wheels do clear the Stoptechs, you just need to know which offsets and which wheels to try.

well then you need to update your fitment thread:wink:

Not totally correct. I just purchased 7 sets of various wheels with perfect offsets, and tried them all on the Stoptechs. They all cleared. It is in the spoke shape, and offsets used. Many wheels do clear the Stoptechs, you just need to know which offsets and which wheels to try.
docjohn is absolutely correct. He is not saying no wheel clears Stoptech but to point out the important fact that Stoptech is thicker than the Brembo GT so less wheels will clear. The fact that your 7 wheels clear the Stoptech does not invalidate doc's statement. In general, in order to clear BBK, one needs a wheel that has high pad which means the mounting surface is far from the medial surface of the spokes. This requirement and the limitation of the dimensions of the front wheelwell translate to a shallow wheel (spokes all closed to the lateral edge of the wheels and no lip). And the wheels that clear Stoptech needs even more spacing than the one clears Brembo GT, hence, as docjohn correctly stated " Stoptech has fewer fitment options than other BBKs." That's cold hard fact and simply cannot be disputed unless you are talking about BBKs that are even thicker than the Stoptech.
Steve

interesting to me why these Brembo indy cost so much around 9000k $ :eek:
because i think Stoptech quality almoust the same but price is half cheaper.

Yes, i think if I had it to do again I would buy stoptech,but they are also something like 1/8" wider so clearance is an issue - oh and don't forget "they are half cheaper":rolleyes:

docjohn is absolutely correct. He is not saying no wheel clears Stoptech but to point out the important fact that Stoptech is thicker than the Brembo GT so less wheels will clear. The fact that your 7 wheels clear the Stoptech does not invalidate doc's statement. In general, in order to clear BBK, one needs a wheel that has high pad which means the mounting surface is far from the medial surface of the spokes. This requirement and the limitation of the dimensions of the front wheelwell translate to a shallow wheel (spokes all closed to the lateral edge of the wheels and no lip). And the wheels that clear Stoptech needs even more spacing than the one clears Brembo GT, hence, as docjohn correctly stated " Stoptech has fewer fitment options than other BBKs." That's cold hard fact and simply cannot be disputed unless you are talking about BBKs that are even thicker than the Stoptech.
Steve

Lighten up, and re-read both of our posts. He stated that Stoptech has fewer wheels than OTHER BBK's He didn't say Brembo GT. And I said "not totally correct" Meaning I was not disputing all of what he was saying, just the fact that it is misleading that most people think that the Stoptech's stereotype is that you need custom wheels or just Volk TE37's or they will not clear. Merry X-Mas! :biggrin:

Last edited:
i thought brembo GT (gran turismo) and stoptech's are whats being compared... isn't brembo indy's a whole different thing?

Both Stoptech and Brembo's products are used in Grand Am Racing. They both are proven products with a lot of development and testing under them. You couldn't go wrong with either option as they are much more credible than many other options out there.

I think DOC was trying to say that for a similar sized caliper (pistons and pad), Stoptech's hardware tends to be larger and bulkier than Brembo -which I agree with. By this statement, bulkier calipers (if larger than Brembo) could require wider wheel spacers (smaller offsets) for wheels to clear them.

Brembo offers their "Lotus" caliper as an off-the-shelf kit. Titanium Dave is selling a "F50 front, Lotus Rear" brake kit. But Brembo has many different GT caliper sizes - "Lotus", "F40", "F50" (Same caliper size but larger pistons than F40), all of which are 2-pc calipers, and their new 6-piston monoblock caliper -which was called "enzo" by an earlier post. Ive never heard them called 'enzo' before and i'm not sure if it is the the same caliper actually used on the Enzo, but its their newest and most badass GT caliper they offer.

-This is all in regards to both companie's "GT" or "Street" kits -which are used in Grand Am racing (except the 6 piston monoblock).

Brembo Lotus
P1010020.jpg

Brembo F40/50 (50 pictured)
P1010019.jpg

Brembo 6-piston monoblock
P1010002.jpg

i thought brembo GT (gran turismo) and stoptech's are whats being compared... isn't brembo indy's a whole different thing?
Yes. According to Brembo Motorsports USA, "Indy" is just a name that a company dubbed for one of their racing calipers. Brembo has an extensive line of lighter and stronger racing calipers, but if you call them they do not recognize or call any of their caliper options as 'indy'.

IMO, Brembo GT or Stoptechs kits are more than proven, and good enough for anyone's application. Heck, we (Factor-X) have Titanium Dave's F50/Lotus setup on our 600whp+ time attack NSX.

my lotus brakes seem SOOoo puny/wussy compared to that new "enzo" brake :redface:

Back