Petition and letter to car magazines pleading for a new NSX

HONDA, why is Renault putting money in F1? Are they building a supercar? And so Toyota? I do not see the link between running in F1 and building a failure of a supercar, again.

On the other hand, I could not imagine Honda leaving the sportcars segment (as somenone mentioned months ago) and staying in F1. On that I agree. :)

How disappointing if there is no halo car and the sportiest car they have is a rsx aspec or civic si. I certainly hope they don't do an 350z, evo, sti, 30k range cars, it would be taking a step back and then no way can they catch lexus/toyota.

gheba_nsx said:
I do not see the link between running in F1 and building a failure of a supercar, again.

Surely you're not implying that the NSX was a failure? :rolleyes: Certainly not an engineering failure but from sales and marketing standpoint that much I concur.

gheba_nsx said:
HONDA, why is Renault putting money in F1? Are they building a supercar? And so Toyota? I do not see the link between running in F1 and building a failure of a supercar, again.

On the other hand, I could not imagine Honda leaving the sportcars segment (as somenone mentioned months ago) and staying in F1. On that I agree. :)

toyota is making a super car 500hp
as far as renault .. they = nissan with means skyline gt-r
and bmw .. m5 with all that f1 technology
i don't think i should even mention ferrari
when ford was in it.. ford gt

Is anybody else thinking that Honda didn't put a lot of effort in their F1 plans for this year?

During the pre season they were quite dull (I thought it was tactical) but the race confirmed this bad feeling... and they are the vice-champion! :(

gheba_nsx said:
Is anybody else thinking that Honda didn't put a lot of effort in their F1 plans for this year?

During the pre season they were quite dull (I thought it was tactical) but the race confirmed this bad feeling... and they are the vice-champion! :(

The BAR Honda 007 had pretty good pace during the race but seemed to have issues with overtaking. I really think the new aggregate qualifying rules killed them when it started to rain. I expect good things from them in the upcoming races otherwise I'd be pretty disappointed.

Back