Personal racing highlights, street or track. NSX or other

Originally posted by spyonu2007:
What is the fun of having a Jap super car if you dont let her out to play every once in a while?

If the site doesnt condone writings of real life events, that happen on the street, fair enough. I wont post any.

I for one intend to strech the legs of my (soon to aquire) NSX-T to its fullest potential. It may not be the 1/4 mile king that some of the other cars are, but I look forward to the carving the turns and powering through corners.

About half of the people in this forum take their car to the track. That is how you can stretch it legs. Even then, it might not be at its fullest potential.

There is no way you can take your car at it fullest potential on the street/highway.

Try the track, and you'll see what I mean. It can be a very humbling experience.

"Super Decathalon" I am ignorant on what that is, I will do a web search for it.

Grins when being pulled over. Nope. No grins there, a sinking feeling, fear.. That is what happens when I have gotten pulled over in the past.

To clarify , everytime a potential "street race" happens, Its a rush, even if it ends at the 60 mph mark. ( thats me 16 year old mentality, I completely agree. Young at heart, young forever.)

I admit, I have 0 zero, track experience. This is the year, financially I can do it. I will. When my times suck, I will come back and state as such, humbled.

The 996 race, if you want to call it that, was awe inspiring. (for me) To negotiate a hard right, with the same vigor as he did, and remain right behind him, made my whole month.

My racing isnt at "every" stop light. Here there are designated areas, that even the police spectate off duty.

It is in between Peoria and Pekin il, there is a two lane straight away that has no side access roads. In the summer, cars will line up 20-30 deep and make passes. Again this is out in the sticks, when the county police on duty show up, they tell everyone to go home, and that is it. There has been not a single citation in this strip for "street racing". In the past 10-12 years that I have been there. It is the general concensous that local law enforcement, though they dont condone it, prefer if the racing is done on the outskirts of town, and adjust their civic dutys as such.

Perhaps its a different mentaility here. The illegal race scene is a place to make a little cash, if you can get the other to pay up.

For the record I get as much joy out of drfting the 944 on the sweeping turns as I do ripping all 4 tires off on my launches in the vr4.

Someone commented on already doing the VR4 thing and that after the 4500 launch the sheer weight of the car comes to play and lacks amusement. Stock they are lacking, after the bpu modifications, they are a blast.

Again, I am ranting and trying to defend my car, who cares? Not the point of the thread. I want to know more about the nsx. The superiorty of the rear engine and aluminum body.

I have fun, my car is fun. I am sure the nsx is fun too, I'll see what life throws me and go from there.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
There is no way you can take your car at it fullest potential on the street/highway.

Hmm...I'm not sure this is entirely true....speaking from Mr. X's point of view of course.
(i.e. Getaway in Stockholm)
smile.gif

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

[This message has been edited by Blue Knight (edited 13 February 2003).]

This thread serves as notice to the world,The regulars on this forum don't spend time writting about street racing,we choose not to,,,dosn't mean we don't push it!BTW I think there is a p-car that has 996 on the back,it is the limited millenium edition.

"limited edition_____ limited in the horse power department... : )

If I'm not mistaken, you are bragging about keeping up with a 'stock' Porsche in your 'highly modded' Mistsu? Now I can see why you are so happy.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

spyonu2007,

Many of the people in this forum sre seasoned drivers. I mean, these guys KNOW how to drive. Learn from them. If you visit the forum a lot (i do at least 3 times a day), you will understand what I mean. I am sure they all have a lot of stories to tell.

"limited edition_____ limited in the horse power department...

I don't think you are in any position to be poking fun of 996 p-cars.

After all, you barely know what a 996 is.

Let me give you a hint... next time you see a p-car with a "GT2" badge in the back, make sure you talk a lot of smack with the driver and then challenge him to a stoplight grand prix.

It's even better if you bet him lots of money.

Let us know how it goes.

Originally posted by docjohn:
BTW I think there is a p-car that has 996 on the back,it is the limited millenium edition.

The Millennium Edition is badged "911" on the back.

That is correct, the Millenium 911 was a limited edition car made in 1999 only. I came in only one color (techno chroma flair) which was a fancy name for dark purple, but it says 911 on the back not 996. In fact that is the only 996 chassis car to carry any 911, 996 , etc (other than gt2, gt3 or the word Porsche on the back or inside for that matter). Sorry but as a former multiple 996 owner and avid p-car follower I can tell you that no cars had a 996 badge designation that I an aware of..
Aaron

92nsx- my car is only "slightly modified" after the two 13g turbos and the fuel managment it will be more along the lines of "highly modified" even then its not all that modified. After heads, cams and piston refit, I think it could be classified as highly modified.... I only have the Basic Performanc Upgrades so far.

8000rpm. I'll poke fun at whom I choose.
If my car is so slow, why didnt the 996 pilot runaway? Was it because he was a normally aspirated and couldnt? Was he a twin turbo and chose only to match my rate of acceleration, and wave at me? Who knows, who cares.

I haven't heard anything from you two except useless rhetoric.
--But the site you pointed me at was a good read 8000rpm.--

This thread is going may mark me as infamous, but I am not going away. I will continue to learn. Learn who has a good grasp on what their perspective cars can do and more importantly what THEY can do in their cars.

92nsx- my car is only "slightly modified" after the two 13g turbos and the fuel managment it will be more along the lines of "highly modified" even then its not all that modified. After heads, cams and piston refit, I think it could be classified as highly modified.... I only have the Basic Performanc Upgrades so far.

8000rpm. I'll poke fun at whom I choose.
If my car is so slow, why didnt the 996 pilot runaway? Was it because he was a normally aspirated and couldnt? Was he a twin turbo and chose only to match my rate of acceleration, and wave at me? Who knows, who cares.

--But the site you pointed me at was a good read 8000rpm.--

This thread is going may mark me as infamous, but I am not going away. I will continue to learn. Learn who has a good grasp on what their perspective cars can do and more importantly what THEY can do in their cars.

I'm pretty new to this site, new to NSX ownership, but been driving for over 30 years, and I have to put my .02 in. This has definitely gotten out of hand. I think that anyone who owns a "sports car" owns one because of its potential, and enjoys driving it, on some level. I haven't "tracked" any of my "sports cars" and don't think that I will. I loved "getting on" my vette, and love "getting on" the NSX, but I don't go against other cars on the street. There are too many ways that more than just you can anticipate, and innocent people can be seriously injured. I get a large grin on my face just accelerating to the red line, going fast around the sweepers, feeling the tires bite into the turn, I don't need to have another car alongside of me to get this grin. I know of many street drag racing fatalities and hope that none of our fellow forum members become one of these statistics because some jerk in a car next to them, revs their engine to engage them in a street race. Whenever someone next to me would rev their engine, I'd rev mine back, and when the light turned red, I'd just leisurely drive off why they left rubber all over the street. I'd get a good grin just watching them make a jerk of themself. I knew that they didn't "beat" me, they just flagelated themselves. Please be responsible, yes I speed when the road is open, the conditions are inviting, but not "against" anyone. Love life, live life, but don't hurt anybody is a good way to live!!! Have a great weekend to all!!!

originally posted by spyonu2007:
Learn... what THEY can do in their cars...

I can drive with only one hand on the wheel - is that pretty cool or what!

Don't try this on the track though.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 14 February 2003).]

Useless rhetoric is highly appropriate for a street-racing kill-story thread posted by a non-NSX owner driving a non-NSX vehicle, don't you think?

Thanx guys for setting me straight on the 996-911 scoop,,I knew I saw a number on that car,it is a fading memory.I must say though that the interior leather color and texture on that car is amazing.

Title: "Personal racing highlights, street or track. NSX or other"

Added information:
"I didnt see any threads related to this so figured I would post this here."

Topic Guided question:
"Any great stories that you have to share?"

92nsx.... You win. It was all about the underworld of street racing, my bad. I'll go "troll" somewhere else...

The only thing I want to win is the California Lottery...I can't believe some couple won the $80million jackpot...that's a lot NSXs.

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Back