• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Passed smog today...no problem.

Was kinda worried after reading a bunch of post lately where people were having troubles passing smog with California's strict new levels... Passed first try no problems...:biggrin:

1992 with 128,869 miles stock cats and headers with Pride LW exhaust.

$30 out the door:smile:

Yeah, so much competition around here really drives down the cost... I had a $21.95 coupon and they were a Star certified shop that I always take my other cars to for oil changes...

Here is the numbers for a reference point of what passes these days

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 136
Not sure.... I wanted to get the car heated up before testing, but I was second in line...guy assured me that was unnecessary and it will warm up just fine during the test....so I just asked them to try to keep the revs up during the test and he assured me that they do..so I just dropped it off and crossed my fingers that they knew what they were doing...got a call about an hour or two later and said come pick it up...passed no problem.

Was like :biggrin: ok ...be right there!!!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you passed!

Call me crazy, but I don't want any grease monkey driving my car, even for smog purposes. Too many bad experiences. Does this shop appreciate and respect the cars? If so, mind PM'ing me the name of the shop? Thanks!

Glad to hear you passed!

Call me crazy, but I don't want any grease monkey driving my car, even for smog purposes. Too many bad experiences. Does this shop appreciate and respect the cars? If so, mind PM'ing me the name of the shop? Thanks!

I've always had great experience with them with my other cars, they even let me bring in my own synthetic Mobil one and oem filter for my Lexus and charge me like $15 to change it for me...

They seem to be familiar enough with the NSX as far as the smog test goes, the manager said brother in law has one and always takes it there...Excellent Auto Care right next to Toyota dealership off Ynez.

I've always had great experience with them with my other cars, they even let me bring in my own synthetic Mobil one and oem filter for my Lexus and charge me like $15 to change it for me...

They seem to be familiar enough with the NSX as far as the smog test goes, the manager said brother in law has one and always takes it there...Excellent Auto Care right next to Toyota dealership off Ynez.
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'll give them a try when I'm due.

Back