Owners: Actual NSX prices and variances?

This is a real circus act and one not easily followed. I've been in the NSX market for some time now and am confused as ever. A quick search for 50k and under NSXs from Autotrader would yield 70+ results with NA1s selling for the same price as a NA2s, given the same(similar) mileage :confused:

And yet after months and months of searching, envying every account of "I am a new owner threads", my perfect NSX is nowhere to be found. My restricted prerequisites has morphed into an open arena looking at NSX-Ts on both NA1s and NA2s with low mileage, good condition, for under 45k.

What am I doing wrong? For recent owners, (and if I may) I would like to know the asking price of your NSX and the actual price you paid for; A ballpark figure would do, less any specific details about the actual transaction. Info pretaining to the year, mileage, and color would also help.

- A frustrated soon to be owner. Thanks first, for your help.

This is a real circus act and one not easily followed. I've been in the NSX market for some time now and am confused as ever. A quick search for 50k and under NSXs from Autotrader would yield 70+ results with NA1s selling for the same price as a NA2s, given the same(similar) mileage :confused:

And yet after months and months of searching, envying every account of "I am a new owner threads", my perfect NSX is nowhere to be found. My restricted prerequisites has morphed into an open arena looking at NSX-Ts on both NA1s and NA2s with low mileage, good condition, for under 45k.

What am I doing wrong? For recent owners, (and if I may) I would like to know the asking price of your NSX and the actual price you paid for; A ballpark figure would do, less any specific details about the actual transaction. Info pretaining to the year, mileage, and color would also help.

- A frustrated soon to be owner. Thanks first, for your help.

I know the feeling. It does take some time. In my personal experience with the purchase, it's very much like purchasing a piece of property. Eventhough it is like kind product, they all hold different values. It boils down to what is important to you. Be flexible with pricing. Allow yourself to move up and down the scale, this will insure a good deal. After all, a good deal is if you are happy with your purchase and that you wouldn't trade it for anything. I know that this is a vague responce, but don't want to bored you with the basics.
Good luck.
:smile:

Step 1, find a good clean car you like. Do the research etc, and convince yourself you would be happy with that particular car.

Step 2, pay a few grand more than you think it is worth.

Sounds stupid, but in the over all scheme of things the original purchase price isn't where the costs end. The yearly costs don't have to be huge, but its like any car, there are expenses.

If its really the car you want, after you bite the bullet, you won't be disappointed. Its worth the couple grand extra to have, rather than want and not have. I just bought my 2nd NSX (2002 red/camel). Paid more than market price, but it was the car I wanted. No regrets at all!

I realize that to some the top end of cash flow will come into play, and if you can't find the car you want for that top dollar, sorry to say, you might have to take a slight step down on expectations.

Pay the piper and become part of the group.
Good luck finding that particular car!!!

Brad

It's all about mileage, condition, and history. If real estate prices vary with "location, location, location", NSX prices do so on "condition, condition, condition".

It should be easy to find an NA1 NSX-T, either a '95-96 five-speed or a '95-01 automatic, with low mileage and good condition for under $45K.

To be straight up, I paid 70k Cdn, when the dollar conversion was at 0.86 to u.s.d. Now that the dollar is equal, seems like I got ripped, but can't complain about anything. It's a '98-T, Kaiser Silver with 24,000km at the time, and everything was mint. It was never insured by the public, as I was told was a Canadian Show Car only(noticed the screw holes for the front licence plate was never used, and in Canada this is a definite nono). When i insured it, i was re-assured of this by not having to air-care the car, even tho it was 7 years old already. Signs of 50% wear on tires that's all. But still kills me seeing the Cdn$ so high now, and the usa NSX's are still the same. Market value for my car i'm guessing is close to a 2002-03 Nsx now from what I see advertised.

The actual price may also vary on the economy. Some owners are currently affected by sub prime loans or are having financial troubles due to business or personal issues. They may offer a lower price on assets in order to liquidate quickly. Example, when I was in the market 2 months ago there were very few NSX for sale on Prime. Now, I see more than 25+ NSX for sale on Prime, but haven't seen too many with "SOLD" posting on the threads. Basically people right now are holding tight on their money and loans right now is a soar subject for some.

If you got the cash, your in luck because it a "buyers" market. You have the bargaining power, just don't "steel" the car from the ower.

On the other hand, depending on the new NSX in 2009-10 or whenever, the NA1/NA2 many increase beyond Book value & Mkt. value. If Acura develops a front engine NSX along with other factors, the mid-engine NSX will go up in price.

This is my opinion and speculation. I could be wrong, but it make sense in my view.

Good Luck in your findings.

Last edited:
The actual price may also vary on the economy. Some owners are currently affected by sub prime loans and are having financial troubles due to business or personal. They may offer a lower price on assets they own in order to liquidate quickly. I do see many NSX for sale on Prime, but haven't seen too many "SOLD" posting on the threads, as I saw 6 months ago.

On the other hand, depending on the new NSX in 2009-10 or whenever, the NA1/NA2 many increase beyond Book value & Mkt. value. If Acura develops a front engine NSX along with other factors, the mid-engine NSX will go up in price.

This is my opinion and speculation. I could be wrong, but it make sense in my view.

Good Luck in your findings.

I agree 100% I purchased my car june 06 and I still find myself searching the forsale forums and autotrader and cars.com to see if the price I payed was Good and So far it is..there are alot of nsxes forsale and there not selling.. when the economy is down the TOYS are the first to go..

Good luck and keep searching for the Car U want..

My 91 cost me 58k 72 cent dollars when I bought it in 94 with 10k km on it. List was 84k plus CD and cell phone.

I won't sell it for less than 48k 102 cent dollars today when it has 48k km on it. You get a hardly used cell phone included.

You can't really compare prices between countries.

i Just bought a '91 (US) Red/Black for $42k CDN. 31000 miles.
I really got lucky. All documentation. The original owner was a detail fanantic. Every bill, including gas! The orginial owner had all maintance done at the ACURA dealership. He even bought tires at the dealer.
There isn't a mark on this car
I did just miss on a '91 with 22k kms.(13.5k miles) by 1 day. $52k CDN (in my home town) (bad luck)
Again I just got lucky.

Back