Owner Again.. :)

It's been since April since I've had an NSX, and that was far too long. I found the perfect one finally and bought it today..it's a 98 White/Camel with 37k miles on it. I can't wait to get it!
077.gif
Now I just have to decide which auto tranport company to use. :biggrin:

whoaa nevermind. I was thinking driving it back would be fun.
I drove my current one home from Florida.

Congrats to you and welcome back! Reliable Carriers, terminals in Orlando, Long Beach, Phoenix, and Canton, MI. They did me right. A few dollars more, but perfectly worth it and I would use no other. San Jose to Motor City enclosed, three and a half days, first in/last out/top rack/front. AND, I believe they move all NSX's for Acura from POE to Acura dealers, so they must be doing something right.

Thanks alum04org. :smile: I called Reliable among others earlier today, and they quoted me $1792 for enclosed. Did you pay extra to have them do first on/last off and upfront ontop?

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome back!! :smile:

I think I looked at that 98 NSX. From the pix, it looks nice and had some minor mods. Congrats!

Congrats on the purchase. If you do a search on the threads from the guy you bought it from you'll see that the car has a solid history. I actually performed some of the oil changes and brake work on it myself a few years ago when Dr.Gums owned it. Btw, if the tint seems very dark it's because the front window was also tinted.

Oh yeah, the lug wrench is actually mine because we misplaced the one that was originally in your car somewhere in my garage. :biggrin:

DocL said:
Oh yeah, the lug wrench is actually mine because we misplaced the one that was originally in your car somewhere in my garage. :biggrin:

Make sure you steam clean that lug wrench to remove any residual traces of AstroGlide and other unmentionable bodily fluids. DocL has a rather unique kinky side. :eek:

It was a pleasure to take a look at the car for you. The previous owner is a great guy and appears to have really taken great care of her.

Hugh said:
Make sure you steam clean that lug wrench to remove any residual traces of AstroGlide and other unmentionable bodily fluids. DocL has a rather unique kinky side. :eek:...

I know. I can't believe how far I was able to shove it up your a$$ that day. Luckily we didn't perforate your colon. :biggrin:

DocL said:
I know. I can't believe how far I was able to shove it up your a$$ that day. Luckily we didn't perforate your colon. :biggrin:

Thank God for that Kevlar sleeve I had surgically implanted at puberty. New York City was tough town to grow up in!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate you looking at the car for me Hugh, you da man!
fing32.gif
Hopefully the car will be picked up by transport on Sunday or Monday. :biggrin:

demigod said:
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate you looking at the car for me Hugh, you da man!
fing32.gif
Hopefully the car will be picked up by transport on Sunday or Monday. :biggrin:

Can I uh............"borrow" it until then? :biggrin:

DocL said:

Are you sure you guys don't want the wrench back? Sounds like it has alot of sentimental value! hehe :tongue:

demigod said:
Sure, as long as you "barrow" it all the way back to So. Cali..hehehe.

If I can convince a particular "co-pilot" to make the trip with me (you know who I'm talking about) and you pick up the return tickets, I could be tempted!

demigod said:
Are you sure you guys don't want the wrench back? Sounds like it has alot of sentimental value! hehe :tongue:

But in the immortal words of Neil Peart...."Though it's just a memory,
Some memories last forever."

I'll drive it cross country for you and I won't even demand a paid for return ticket. Plus I know the brakes are good! :biggrin:

My car was just picked up by Reliable Carriers, can't wait to get her! :biggrin: I want to thank Brian for being such a great guy and making the whole experience very easy. He was out of town alot and still always kept me updated with everything. Thanks Brian!!
fing32.gif

Some pics of it going onto the truck.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 356
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 534
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 532
I miss it already:( I look forward to owning one again when the timing is right. I wish you the best of luck with it. I also love this night shot I took right before they pulled away. Have to show it to everyone. What a beautiful set up they have.

as a side note: The husband and wife team from reliable that picked the car up were very professional and truly interested in the cars well being.

wMTEyNzc3MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Thanks Brian. :smile: Yep that is a nice truck, I'm suprised that there were no other cars in there. Reliable said they had a bunch of trucks full from the Miami car show.

Back