Orlando vacation

Hey Folks:

Me and my family are headed down to Orlando this weekend and staying for the week. Now understand that my youngest is 18 and my other child is 23. What besides the usual Disney and Universal can you suggest for us to do while we are there? I'm taking my NSX and the kids are taking my sons Dodge Charger because they are heading back on Thursday while me and the wife stay till Saturday. My fathers day gift from them is to pay for a dinner for me and the wife and them leaving us for the last few days. Suggestions for the family and for my wife and I for anything from great places to eat to things to see and do are appreciated.

Cirque Du Soleil, la Nouba expensive but worth it. This is located in downtown disney and is a nice place to walk around maybe grab dinner or a snack before or after the show.

http://promo-www.cirquedusoleil.com/summer/en/index.html

There really isn't a bad seat in the house.

The age gap of your kids may make it hard for them to do the same thing assuming the older likes to go out. If not then it's a non issue. 18 year old males do not get into bars usually. You can check online for exceptions.

Restaurants:

One of my favorite restaurants in Orlando is Ceviche, its Spanish Tapas food is excellent, highly recommend the scallops in sherry cream sauce.

http://www.ceviche.com/

another good restaurant off of I-Drive and not a big chain is Cafe Tu Tu tango.

http://www.cafetututango.com/

I-Drive has howl at the moon and perhaps the whole family can have fun there.

http://www.howlatthemoon.com/

Hope that helps, if you have other questions or know something more specific in terms of what you want to do let me know and I will try my best.

Since it's so hot your sons might like wet n wild!

PS where are you staying?

Last edited:
If you are into it...The Wizarding World of Harry Potter just opened last weekend at Universal's Islands of Adventure. We were there day after opening and it's very cool, but will still have long lines. Yes, Butterbeer is yummy!! :biggrin:

This Saturday, if you come down in time, there is a "Cars and Cafe" in Sanford with lots of exotics and usually a few NSX's present. Not sure if I'm going yet.
http://www.orlandoautomotiveclub.com/cars_and_cafe.html

I second Cirque du Soleil and House of Blues, which is right next door. Their Gospel Brunch on Sunday is great.
http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/orlando/

Last edited:
Thanks folks: Driving down tomorrow but won't be there until late afternoon. Thanks for all the suggestions. I know we are going to try the circus de soleil, maybe Blue man group although my wife isn't sure about that and we will check out some of the restuarants. Definitely at least one water park. I hear the Harry Potter world is sold out and tickets are hard to come by plus it will very crowded so we may skip that one for now. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks folks: Driving down tomorrow but won't be there until late afternoon. Thanks for all the suggestions. I know we are going to try the circus de soleil, maybe Blue man group although my wife isn't sure about that and we will check out some of the restuarants. Definitely at least one water park. I hear the Harry Potter world is sold out and tickets are hard to come by plus it will very crowded so we may skip that one for now. Any other suggestions are welcome.

David, Drop by on your way back from Orlando. Check out my the NSX. I am just off CR 210 in St. Augustine.

Dave:

Sorry buddy, didn't see your post till I got back home. Welcome back to the NSX family, I know those corvette's are a bit slow (little joke). We had a great time down there. Went to Boma restuarant, Texas de Brazil (something we don't don't have here) an the seaworld parks. Wife hot the factory outlets with the fancy plaves (Dior, Armani, Brooks Brothers etc) and did some damage. The kids went back on Thursday and the wife and I stayed a couple of days without them. Good week overall. The kids veto'd the circus du soleil and the wife didn't want blue man group but thanks for the suggestions.

Dave:

Sorry buddy, didn't see your post till I got back home. Welcome back to the NSX family, I know those corvette's are a bit slow (little joke). We had a great time down there. Went to Boma restuarant, Texas de Brazil (something we don't don't have here) an the seaworld parks. Wife hot the factory outlets with the fancy plaves (Dior, Armani, Brooks Brothers etc) and did some damage. The kids went back on Thursday and the wife and I stayed a couple of days without them. Good week overall. The kids veto'd the circus du soleil and the wife didn't want blue man group but thanks for the suggestions.

Glad you guys had fun. Too bad the kids veto'd cirque its actually really amazing. One of the best performances I've seen in my life. Maybe next time if you come, you and your wife can go. Definitley worth the money! Took my parents and brother and wife there when they came for Christmas one year, they LOVED it!!! Either way sounds like you had a good time, Texas De Brazil, will put you in a serious food coma:tongue:

We did the circus when it was in Atlanta and it was awesome. I haven't seen the one in Orlando but I do know they do a great job. Definitely not like the Barnum and Bailey circus that is for sure. Hopefully we will go back down next year. We want to see the Harry Potter world as well.

David, hey man Oster. It's been awhile since I saw u and the guys in Savannah. Glad all seems well, and sounds like you had really had a good time in my old stomping grounds. It's been a month or so since I've been on Prime so I didn't see your post until today. But glad a number of my buddies pointed u in the right direction. I changed ph companies and lost your #. Pm me your # hope to get together sometime.

Oster

Dave:

You picked the right things to do! Texas de Brazil is incredible and worth it!

I can always go on a spree at the outlets and I live on that side of town so I have to constantly avoid driving over there :tongue:

Back