Original NSX design Stolen ????

Ok this is likely complete crap but the guys at the 300ZX forum say that this was a Prototype for the Z32 and "Honda stole the concept from Nissan " , the front end is almost exactly the same as the NSX . It called the Mid4 or something . Whats the deal? :confused:

day3jpg84.jpg

day3jpg86.jpg

most flip up light cars look similar from the front...

Looks like BMW 8 series to me

Sweetchuck that looks like a terrible copy of a Ferrari Testarossa. I had the toy car Nissan when I was a kid.lol

Attachments

• Testarossa.JPG
    Testarossa.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 319
Jaguar XJ220/testarossa. Jaguar Came out 1992 copied Nissan to some extent.

Attachments

• Jaguar XJ220rear.JPG
    Jaguar XJ220rear.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 282
  • rearnissan.jpg
    rearnissan.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 276
Ok this is likely complete crap but the guys at the 300ZX forum say that this was a Prototype for the Z32 and "Honda stole the concept from Nissan " , the front end is almost exactly the same as the NSX . It called the Mid4 or something . Whats the deal? :confused: ]

Which ZX forum? I'm on twinturbo.net too.

not THAT much alike.:eek:

Not saying identical..but if you was to just take a pic of the car straight ahead ground level Stock, the avg car person would not know... what it is....

yeah we can tell, but ask my wife...They all look the same:cool:

Car designs are never one-off and one cannot say who stole from who. There are aesthetic features that are commonly liked so they are frequently shared by different designs. The same goes for human facial features of which certain types are sought after and even surgically created.The NSX shares many styling cues from the Porsche 959 and the Testarossa. The Honda HP-X concept was designed by Pinnifarina. In fact, the NSX font is actually a minimally modified PORSCHE font which, at least to me, evokes senses of performance, style, and class. The MID 4 II pictured got a little of many things from the Porsches and Ferraris too but the overall design looks crappy IMO.
Steve

Car designs are never one-off and one cannot say who stole from who. There are aesthetic features that are commonly liked so they are frequently shared by different designs. The same goes for human facial features of which certain types are sought after and even surgically created.The NSX shares many styling cues from the Porsche 959 and the Testarossa. The Honda HP-X concept was designed by Pinnifarina. In fact, the NSX font is actually a minimally modified PORSCHE font which, at least to me, evokes senses of performance, style, and class. The MID 4 II pictured got a little of many things from the Porsches and Ferraris too but the overall design looks crappy IMO.
Steve

I agree the Porsche 944 is the most copied sports car ever. Though the NSX is more of a streched out F-40 and narrower.

Meh, you might as well say the same for the MkII MR2:
digiads_car_ads_91436_1.jpg

Whats more telling is which one aged better ;)

I suppose if the NSX design was stolen from Nissan, then Nissan stole the Z32 proto-design from the Ferrari 408. :smile:

Attachments

• ferrari_nsx.jpg
    ferrari_nsx.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 376
  • 1987_Ferrari_408Concept1.jpg
    1987_Ferrari_408Concept1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 375
they do look similar. It doesn't reduce my enthusiasm for the car, because even it if the design was stolen, the nsx is a marked improvement. That being said, it would have been interesting if nissan had seen it through.

Loving cars regardless of brand since 1973.:smile:

Last edited:
I have 300ZX ( Z32 ) book somewhere that has some info on that car. I felt in love with it the moment I saw it. To me it looks better than the NSX, and the back of it just needs some tweaks to get there. Sadly just like Honda now, Nissan lacked the balls to bring it out. How many NSX would have lost sales to the Mid4?

Cheers,

AR

I'd rather have herpes than drive that goofy looking POS through rush hour traffic.

ROFLMAO.... say it like it is Ski...

Are the Nissan guys upset about this now? The Japanese pot is calling the Japanese kettle black...

The front looks pretty much identical to an NSX. In fact looking at the first picture i thought "oh, nice NSX."

What year was the Nissan prototype?

Back