Ordering the NSX replacement

I went to the Acura dealer in December and was shopping for a car for my son. While there I asked when the NSX replacement was due and was told everything is still up in the air. I asked a salesman if I could pre-order or get on the list, if any , for a car. He said that yes they were taking $500 dollar deposits on the car and had recieved two already. I asked to be put on the list and was going to give him a refundable deposit. OK so far. He goes to the managers office and returns 10 min. later and tells me sorry no deposits accepted.
Does anyone know of a way to secure a spot in line for the NSX replacement ?

The dealer will be the last to "know" for sure.

They'll think they know but they won't.

Hell, it was just last year a Toyota salesperson tried to get a deposit from me on a "2007 Toyota Celica Convertible".... YEA UMM.... the celica is now discontinued and never a convert released.

a few other times i've told the salesman more about the car than he actually knew.

I hope the concept hits detroit next year

my dealer put me 1st on the list to be called to be on the offical list once its announced :)
...dont leave any deposit till its offical :cool:

Dan Ciesniewski said:
my dealer put me 1st on the list to be called to be on the offical list once its announced :)
...dont leave any deposit till its offical :cool:[/QUOTE

Good idea, make myself known and get on the pre-list. Dan are you on F-chat as well ? I champion the NSX over there.

lightguy said:
Dan Ciesniewski said:
...dont leave any deposit till its offical :cool:[/QUOTE

Good idea, make myself known and get on the pre-list. Dan are you on F-chat as well ? I champion the NSX over there.

haha, thats my plan, I go and bother them every 2-3 months so they dont forget me :biggrin:

ya, Im of Fchat too.....some there dont like me much either :rolleyes:

skipc said:
i thought the next nsx had been shown as the hsc a year or so ago. is that not still the plan for the next nsx?

skipc

Yes but only concepts.

No official data from Honda has yet been released. No official pictures either.

We are all waiting :D

rickysals said:
The dealer will be the last to "know" for sure.

They'll think they know but they won't.

Hell, it was just last year a Toyota salesperson tried to get a deposit from me on a "2007 Toyota Celica Convertible".... YEA UMM.... the celica is now discontinued and never a convert released.

a few other times i've told the salesman more about the car than he actually knew.

I hope the concept hits detroit next year

Yeah, I tried telling people that, but some odd reason, many folks still tend to believe their dealers...99% of the dealers out there will know squat. I'll bet that most of the folks here will know more about the next gen. NSX than the dealership by the time another concept is shown.

my dealer said they had gone to a Honda meating in LV a few months ago and they were discussing it. But what he came back with varied from a V8 steel 60k car to a V10 100k+, so more like useless hearsay. They may know first, but only if Honda keeps VERY quiet....more so than usuall.

Sorta makes sense that the typical Acura sales person doesn't know much about the NSX - for the past ten years, the average dealership sold 1.5 NSX's per year. So, the average sales person proably focuses on the cars that he/she can sell dozens a week/month - not once every 5 years. Now, if the salesperson doesn't know about the mainline vehicles - that is a separate problem.

Spinner said:
Yeah, I tried telling people that, but some odd reason, many folks still tend to believe their dealers...99% of the dealers out there will know squat. I'll bet that most of the folks here will know more about the next gen. NSX than the dealership by the time another concept is shown.

ya got that right

I am first and second in line at mylocal dealer . . . I placed a $500 deposit for me and a separate $500 deposit for my girlfriend for the next gen NSX way back in 1996!

Every spring the dealer calls me to make sure I want to wait another year. Of course I do!

W

Called the dealers in Denver and for the most part they were in the same ball park. $1,000 refundable deposit. One dealer, name I won't mention, wanted a $5,000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. Would recommend you shop around. Am first on 2 lists and third on another list. Can't wait for the next generation!!!

Back