Opinions on this NSX JH4NA21683T000055

Hello All,

I have been on the hunt for the perfect NSX for me...

I found her on autotrader and I am hoping to get some feedback from everyone here...

I searched the vin and only found sales threads on this vehicle it seems it used to be a CA car so Im hoping I can bring her back to the CA sunshine...

One thing that I was concerned was that the car's clutch was changed out at 23k when I searched on prime...

That seems a bit premature and does that mean that the car was abused in your opinion?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=279652398&compare=280482225&captcha=success

Any feedback is appreciated...

Jeff

Re: Opinions on this NSX

My NSX tech told me about a client that had gone through a number of clutches in a very short period of time because she didn't know how to drive the car. On the other hand, it looks like the vehicle in question is on it's third cluch. Now let's think about it...with the go fast stuff on the car, do you believe it wasn't put to use?

My only concern is what type of new clutch did they put in? OEM or a good aftermarket one? OEM should work fine for the 370WHP the car has, but might not last as long as a good SOS or RPS clutch given the added power. Looks like a good buy for that price if you were going to add the performance items yourself later on.

I think his s/n is Dr.Volk or something like that? And what happened to Spa Yellow? hahah....GL bud!

I think his s/n is Dr.Volk or something like that? And what happened to Spa Yellow? hahah....GL bud!

If it is Dr. Volk, then most likely in great condition as he takes good care of his cars. Just wondering how much he got as trade in as it's listed for sale at $59k??

Thanks everyone...

Appreciate the feedback I am getting some details from the doc himself...

Will see if I can pull the trigger on this if all goes well...

Jeff

It looks pretty solid but the hp numbers look inflated unless he has it on high boost with a stand alone. Even with that I think the dyno was done during a cold day with lots of wind blown. Then again it does have a 3.2L engine so that would help it some.

It's not on it's third clutch, it's on it's second. Not sure why the first clutch went, since it was done around 20k miles... before I had the car.

The original owner leased it through Nello Acura then returned it. BlkDMD (former prime member) bought the car and added side skirts, rear wing, tein's etc.

I then bought the car at 29k miles and added the SC, etc etc.

The HP #'s are not inflated. 373 is typical for a 3.2 with this autorotor... especially with comptech headers and exhaust. (which is a GTone Titanium btw).

The car should have the stand alone with it as well, since I just bought the FIC from SOS before I sold it... as I left it, it was still running with the piggy back from Comptech.

The current price is pretty damn fair, since I paid $51k for it 2 years ago (which was a great deal imo) before dumping about $20k in aftermarket parts into it.

Someone should enjoy it.

The only negative I can tell you is that an "accident report" popped up on carfax. It didn't have it when I bought the car (I have clean carfax records for it), it was an unreported accident in Cali back in 2003 or 2004. Probably a fender bender or someone keyed the car... not sure.. but it's popping up now. I've had it looked at multiple times and they looked it over extensively and no one could figure out how or where it was damaged. It might have even been a bad report, who knows.

It does need the timing belt/water pump since it's a 2003... beyond that nothing. Has an alarm/battery backup as well. I think whoever buys the car is going to be pretty happy.

Thanks for the feedback all...

Unfortunately I think the car is sold... Put in a call and emailed about the car...

No response at all...

Until the next one...

Jeff

Back up for sale here

Wow... made it's way across the country. Looks to still be intact (as I left it) except for a new "A"cura badge on the front bumper and the removal of the rear badge.

I wonder if the stand alone AEM was installed.... probably not. The original hood is probably gone too.

I think I sold it with 32 or 34k?? miles on it. I can't remember.

Even with a 3.2L engine and full exhaust a low boost supercharger would be around 350whp unless you are on a dynojet. If you are pulling 373whp than adding high boost and an intercooler would get you above 440whp. That seems high to me but that is just my take. I have a 3.0L engine, autorotor CTSC with high boost and the Laminova with 200 cell cats. I am only pushing 390whp and 300 ft*lbs of torque. Catless I might be another 5-7hp but that is it. Anything is possible since all dynos are different and the weather and corrections are all factors. According to SOS and my dyno if I had 3.2L engine I would be between 410-420whp. For the record I have Topspeed headers and an Ark DTS exhaust as well.

Back