Opinions on the K1 Attack

I've been looking at the K1 Attack for a few years now while it has been in its growing stages and now it seems to be coming together quite nicely. I got a chance to experience one at NOPI earlier this month and I must say it was everything I thought it would be. Now its decision time. I only need one sportscar, NSX(which I love, mine is CF widebody with mods) or K1(which I've been drooling over for a couple of years)? Give me your opinion. thanks

I also had my eyes on the K1 for about as long time as you did... Because, it's using the accord frame, and I drove an Accord ;)

I was once trying to see if I should get the kit and convert my accord to K1, but I was concern of the Ford's components, disclaimer of the car shouldn't be driven exceed 125mph (will flip since it's for look but not been design going that fast...), DOT approval ...etc. .........

Wait, after I visit the web site, are you talking about the one they actually had the tubular chassis?? "F" model sounds good, but I don't seem to find the price on it? It also mention it won't pass emission, and Ford will "aid" their US/Canandian market. Umm, but a turbo/SC'ed H22 in it will be a elise killer if they did work out the aerodynamic part.

NSX is a logical answer for street and track use. K1 is a toy, a toy that you have no idea what kind of problem you will run into...agree??

NSXDreamer2 said:
NSX is a logical answer for street and track use. K1 is a toy, a toy that you have no idea what kind of problem you will run into...agree??

Me too have been looking into this kit for a while, sometimes i visit the forum to see how the builds are going on.
But it will always be a toy, never a nsx.

Mich

I always thought that the K1 Attack was a great looking car; however, if I was going to build a kit, I would go with something proven, both on the track and around town. Something like the <a href="http://www.factoryfive.com/">FactoryFive Roadster</a> or an Ultima GTR. If I had the $$$, definitely the Ultima. I don't think I'd drive my NSX again if I had that car. :eek:

NSXDreamer2 said:
I also had my eyes on the K1 for about as long time as you did... Because, it's using the accord frame, and I drove an Accord ;)

I was once trying to see if I should get the kit and convert my accord to K1, but I was concern of the Ford's components, disclaimer of the car shouldn't be driven exceed 125mph (will flip since it's for look but not been design going that fast...), DOT approval ...etc. .........

Wait, after I visit the web site, are you talking about the one they actually had the tubular chassis?? "F" model sounds good, but I don't seem to find the price on it? It also mention it won't pass emission, and Ford will "aid" their US/Canandian market. Umm, but a turbo/SC'ed H22 in it will be a elise killer if they did work out the aerodynamic part.

The K1 is a tube chassis and now they dont even use a Honda Accord. The only thing they used from the Accord before was the computer, engine, tranny, front suspension and gauges. All of those have been substited with AEM, turbo BWM motor, BMW tranny, AUDI and BMW suspension, Corvette brakes and Autometer gauges.
It is windtunnel tested and will do much faster than 125. A turnkey with most options will run somewhere around $50000.
The one at NOPI was said to be dynoed at 400 hp and 1800lbs at 30lbs of boost. The car is very much like the Noble M12, only a little more exotic looking I think.

Can't say I like it - the interior is one of those "love it" or "hate it" extremes I suspect. I'm in the latter camp. What's with those seats - surely they can't be comfortable?

I just don't think there is a comparo here. The K1 is a kit car. Period. It does not have any formal props on the track, no record, no proving ground promise. NO LUXURY. It would make a great toy, but I would rather have a car that appears in www.supercar.net, not in Kit Car Magazine. Sure I would love to have one, but 50K is a big # for a car that replaces your already kick ass NSX.

Back