Opinion on a Testarossa

No doubt that the TR is not a great handling car, and its also not meant for drag racing. Try racing one from a roll, say 30mph, and then see what happens.

As for 3.2 Nsx's running 12's all day long, thats a joke. Apart from 1 magazine that supposedly ran high 12's no one to my knowledge has ever achieved that figure in a stock car.

Id love to find some magazine tests of a 512Tr's 0-150 time, vs a 3.2 Nsx's time.

I agree with you that a Tr is not a nimble track car like the Nsx, but in a straightline, a Nsx is no problem for it to beat.

oh no... David and Allan are having an argument... somehow i think this will be a LONG thread...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ALLAN:
As for 3.2 Nsx's running 12's all day long, thats a joke. Apart from 1 magazine that supposedly ran high 12's no one to my knowledge has ever achieved that figure in a stock car.

Allen, your inability to do it does not make it impossible. The only "joke" is your constant harping on how slow the NSX is compared to anything Italian and over priced.

I have seen it (12s) many times. Also, check the results for the import races at E-town. Dswartz won his class with a 12.58.

I do agree with you that the F car pulls harder at high speeds. But, I don't think it is as low as 30 mph. More like 80 or so and the TR starts to take over.

So, Allen, we seem to agree the TR handles like a pig and the NSX is faster from a stop. The difference of opinion seems to be where at highway speeds the TR starts to have an advantage.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 22 February 2003).]

David, i dont harp on the Nsx being slow next to anything overpriced or italian.

In todays day and age, the Nsx is just plain slow. It doesnt take Italian machinerey to win. Take a Z06, a Viper, a C5, a Porsche 996, a Lotus tt, a New Mustang Cobra,etc.

Running 12's on slicks doesnt count. Street tires is a whole new story.

Fact of the matter is, a Nsx is a nice car. Entertaining speed, handling, and exotic car looks. 10 Years ago it was at th top of its game, today, it is not.

30mph, roll on and ill put money on the TR handing an Nsx its ass. Btw, im not defending the TR by any means, i had one and hated it, but whats right is right.

There is a TR at Auto's of Europe in the showroom on cosignment here in Manchester Missouri. It is red but I have not checked it out. It is Red.

Just thought someone might be interested.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Originally posted by David:
Allen, I guess we just disagree about this. Aside from the M version (which is much more expensive) I have never seen a TR that could keep up with a 3.2 NSX.
I think a better comparison to the NSX would be a recent V8 Ferrari (348/355), in terms of an overall package (performance, speed, handling, looks, x-factor, cost of ownership, overall value, etc). The bigger V12 GT cars are IMO purposely in a different class.

I'd also consider comparing cars stock-to-stock (or with at most "light" mods), as it gets more "gray" comparing tuner specials.

David, my comment about slicks is meant to say that the Nsx achieved that figure not in stock form. We all know there is a subtsantial difference in 1/4 times on street tires and slicks.

I agree on the Nsx/348 compro. I have even noted here that i believed my 1991 Nsx was slightly faster than my 1992 348.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
David, my comment about slicks is meant to say that the Nsx achieved that figure not in stock form. We all know there is a subtsantial difference in 1/4 times on street tires and slicks.

First, none of the NSXs I am referring to used slicks. All were on radials. Although it is nice of you to just assume things that suit your arguement without any idea if they are relevant.

Second, if you really think putting slicks on a stock NSX would make a big difference, you know even less about this subject than I thought. They would be more likely to bog a stock NSX than to help it much.

Allen, this is pointless. We all know you think the NSX is slow. There is no reason for you to post it over and over and over and over. Just change your screen name to "NSXs are slow" and save yourself some time.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 22 February 2003).]

I actually know quite abit about drag racing. Yes, on slicks the Nsx would bog, if you launched at a normal street tire launch of about 3500rpm. Now try launching at 6,000 rpm.

But your right, ill change my name to"Nsxisveryslow! just for you.

Back