One less Enzo in the world

It's essentially common knowledge that a simple DNA test from a deployed airbag can determine occupant seating positions at a crash scene.

That said, the 'fleeing driver' line initially would be skeptical to anyone- he probably would have done better to keep his mouth shut and hope they just wanted to re-open PCH and lost interest then spinning a lame tale like that.

The pics on F-Chat are telling thou. I've seen these up close, and I'm sure it takes a healthy impact to break that CF tub in the aft section. Regardless, if he really was going near the upwards of 200mph as CHP estimates on that stretch before he skidded and hit that pole then if that is all that happened he is definitely lucky that aside from property damage all went well, with extra second hand ENZO parts now available for the rest of the community.

Just another example that money doesn't buy common sense nor driving skill. It's a shame, a car like that deserves a better driver.

Last edited:
He is very lucky to be alive. I was watching the morning news coverage. The news helicopter shot showed the engine was about a football field behind the car. He probably hit the utility pole and snapped the car into half and the front of the car kept travelling forward for a few hundred feet.

They typically won't do a DNA test to cite a driver for an accident or even an arrest unless there is someone who is seriously hurt from the accident. In this case, his car his loss (but we pay also through premiums). An insurance company covering this type of car might want to do that though.

His excuse sucks! What, was he kidnapped? If he was not the driver, then he should definitely know who the driver is. I mean, I don't let anyone but the best friends of mine touch the drivers seat of my nsx, I can only imagine how picky an Enzo driver would be.

Either way, he is lucky he survived.

woah! I head the PCH was shutdown this morning, but didn't know this was why! wow!

2086531d.jpg

2086531c.jpg

2086531b.jpg

2086531a.jpg

ShowLetter-2.jpg.xs.jpg

Last edited:
Wheelman said:
They typically won't do a DNA test to cite a driver for an accident or even an arrest unless there is someone who is seriously hurt from the accident. In this case, his car his loss (but we pay also through premiums). An insurance company covering this type of car might want to do that though.

Agreed, although in this instance due to his statements the CHP may well have the MAIT team do a "partial" to supplement their field report as they will most definitely be following-up on that "fleeing driver". They don't need an injury or death to justify doing that.

In any case, 101 gets busy during the day- at that vehicles top speed you would be covering over a foot ball field a second.. and there is always an occasional RV's and pedestrians clicking pictures around... oh that's just asking to be made an example of.

AndyH said:
1st enzo I see w/ aftermarket wheels

I noted that too.. Wasn't there a ridez special awhile back where they did aftermarket wheels on an Enzo? I'm curious with those aftermarket wheels, if he had the stock Bridgestone Scuderia's on them. If you can afford an Enzo, I would think that you can afford really good rubber.

temptations...

John@Microsoft said:
... If you can afford an Enzo, I would think that you can afford really good rubber.

I doubt Wanli's would fit an Enzo... :wink: The tire sizes are 245/35 ZR19 for the front and 345/35 ZR19 for the rear. The wheels are 19x9 for the front and 19x13 for the rear. {OEM}

Wouldn't the CHP simply ask the 'owner'/passenger who the driver was... :confused:

All in all, the car did a fair job in terms of safety/passenger-compartment integrity. I don't agree w/ the comment in the article linked stating otherwise!

I'm sure engineers and technicians in Modena Italy are keen to get a hold of the wreck and test various parts, perhaps even rebuild it to it's former glory... :cool:

Re: temptations...

0ctan3 said:
http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/2086180d.jpg

That was the one I was thinking of, West Coast Customs.

Osiris_x11 said:
I doubt Wanli's would fit an Enzo... :wink: The tire sizes are 245/35 ZR19 for the front and 345/35 ZR19 for the rear. The wheels are 19x9 for the front and 19x13 for the rear. {OEM}

The OE's are a derivation of the RE050A (e.g. treadwear rating about 140) so it's still a street tire.

Osiris_x11 said:
Wouldn't the CHP simply ask the 'owner'/passenger who the driver was... :confused:

I'm sure it came up.. lol..

Osiris_x11 said:
All in all, the car did a fair job in terms of safety/passenger-compartment integrity. I don't agree w/ the comment in the article linked stating otherwise!

Had they hit that pole a few feet up with the passenger compartment, I would think the outcome would have been a lot different. Enzo or not a side impact into a telephone pole at those speeds would have been likely fatal.

Osiris_x11 said:
I'm sure engineers and technicians in Modena Italy are keen to get a hold of the wreck and test various parts, perhaps even rebuild it to it's former glory... :cool:

The car will likely end up on one of the various salvage sites in due time. I'll pass... Project Enzo anyone? :biggrin:

The news said he was the driver and tried to pull a fast one for an excuse. He is also charged with DWI. What a dumbass!!! But it is usually the drunks who survive these type of crashes...what a shame.

"Police said the Ferrari may have been involved in a race with a Mercedes-McLaren SLR."

Have a couple cocktails with your buddy at 6AM and go out and race a couple million dollars worth of automobiles.

:eek:

"The fact (is) that the passenger is the registered owner of the vehicle, from the Beverly Hills/Bel Air area; the passenger had blood on his mouth; and both airbags on the car deployed, but only the driver's side airbag had blood on it, not the passenger side," Brooks said.
Woah!! I just thought.... Wouldn't this make a really cool C.S.I. episode? :D Hey Bruckheimer, are you reading that article? :D

OK I am going to duck under the table for being a cold hearted bastard on this, but here goes. I am mad that the guy survived. :mad: Personally if he is that stupid, then he is taking up space in this world and wasting the air that non idiots breathe. Whats worse is he has money, give the money to someone with common sense. With great hp power comes great responsibility, learn some common sense, and how to drive for gods sake. If you can afford that car then take some driving lessons, and maybe an IQ test, "the driver ran away", holy crap may as well have said the dog was driving!!! :eek:

Re: temptations...

Osiris_x11 said:

One of the first F40's wrecked in the world was in the Targa Tasmania here in Australia. The very wealthy owner miss-timed the boost mid corner and being an amater, the car spun off and went between two trees.

Not too much damage however both front and rear ends were damaged. The owner said "no worries... I have it flown back to Italy and have the factory fix it..."

Upon arrival at the factory in Italy, they looked at the car and said... it's Carbon Fibre... You can't repair it! It needs a new body shell... Therefore the car was written off and he bought a new one...

Back