One in the NSX win column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dtrigg said:
I have no desire to flame anyone or lecture... I don't drive at 130 miles per hour on a public road. If I want to drive fast I do it at the track.

I could care less how fast you drive or how many tickets you get. Just don't do it in my neighborhood or on the road next to me or my family.

Look, FYI, I made no mention of where I raced this SS, so before you assume anything, ASK first. And for those of you who are curious, we have an abandoned municipal airport where people can race freely AWAY from Dtrigg and his/her family... :mad:

92NSX said:
Very well said. Couldn't agree more.
I truly don't know why people bother posting thread about this kind of stuff. Maybe over on the Civic, Intregra, Accord boards it means something. :rolleyes:

You know what belongs on the Civic forums? Your thread from 03-02-2004 about your friend's "Quick Civic".

This thread is all about the nsx, and last time I checked, this is NSXprime, more specifically the "New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons" section. I was comparing my nsx to a camaro ss, that's all. :mad:

nsxtra said:
You know what belongs on the Civic forums? Your thread from 03-02-2004 about your friend's "Quick Civic".

This thread is all about the nsx, and last time I checked, this is NSXprime, more specifically the "New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons" section. I was comparing my nsx to a camaro ss, that's all. :mad:

Did I say that I raced? NO I didn't think so. I stated in the opening thread that he did it at a LEGAL track. Not some airport stripe where there is most likely no medical help if something goes wrong.
Better you than me though. :rolleyes:

92NSX said:
Did I say that I raced? NO I didn't think so. I stated in the opening thread that he did it at a LEGAL track. Not some airport stripe where there is most likely no medical help if something goes wrong.

medical what??? If we say we drive faster than 'legal' does that immediatly mean to you that we risk our NSX'es and our lives? Come-on ! Senna died at a legal track! There was even a medievac helicopter. Try to read and write things the "common sence" way instead of blowing it all up and make a scene out of nothing.

Bart Geerts said:
medical what??? If we say we drive faster than 'legal' does that immediatly mean to you that we risk our NSX'es and our lives? Come-on ! Senna died at a legal track! There was even a medievac helicopter. Try to read and write things the "common sence" way instead of blowing it all up and make a scene out of nothing.

Anything can happen anywhere.
And yes, if you are driving more than the 'legal' limit you are putting everyone at risk. You may not care but others do.
I realize you can die at a legal track also, but the chances are less due to the availabilty of medical attention.
BTW, it is 'common sense' :rolleyes:

Don't you realize that the lower and lower speed limits have nothing to do with safety, but with the insurance people having too much power over the politicians? We pay more and more insurance and the max speed goes down every year (Belgium). More and more of the accidents are just light bumper-damage. This means insurances have to pay less and less!!
Thx for spelling 'sense' right, english is not my native language... how's your Dutch??

Bart Geerts said:
Don't you realize that the lower and lower speed limits have nothing to do with safety, but with the insurance people having too much power over the politicians? We pay more and more insurance and the max speed goes down every year (Belgium). More and more of the accidents are just light bumper-damage. This means insurances have to pay less and less!!
Thx for spelling 'sense' right, english is not my native language... how's your Dutch??

You are most likely right about the insurance aspect of it. I deal with that on a regular basis.
My Dutch is horrible. You would fall out of your chair laughing if I were to attempt to say/spell something in it.

92NSX said:

The issue here has nothing to do with medical help or CIVIC's for that matter. This has to do with putting others in harms way, and since I didn't, what's it to you? Hmm...I'd rather it be on an airport strip where there is no medical help, instead of a street, highway, or neighborhood where there is no medical help either and lots of other innocent bystanders.

Nice Run!!!

I had no problem problem keeping up with a 2002 Camaro Z28 SS 4AT with I first got my '03 CLS 6MT two years ago.

Anyway, here's how it played out. A 2002 Camaro Z28 SS pulled along side me at a stop light on an express way. He got about one wheel's length jump off the line on me. I took 1st gear up to 6700 and chirped tires going into 2nd gear. At this point he's about one car length ahead of me, but not pulling away. Took 2nd up to 6700 and chirped tires going into 3rd gear. At 90 he wasn't pulling way from me. We both backed off and looked at each other with smiles. I rolled my window down and said "wait until I get my headers...". He replay, "damn your car is fast, I was surprised you stayed with me..."

Now I'm not quite sure he was completely on it, but I could hear his engine rev'ing up as much as mine.

I believe a 2002 Camaro Z28 SS has a 5.7-liter V8 with 325-hp @ 5200/350-lbs torque @ 4000 and a curb weight of 3577 lbs. However, he had a 4-speed automatic. A 6 speed version of this Z28 probably would have easily pulled away.

My car stock has 260-hp @ 6,100 rpm and 232 lb-ft torque 3,500/5,500 rpm -- and a curb weight of 3450 lbs. However, that was 2 years ago. My car now has 305/262 WHP/TQ fully modded with S/C (roughly 370-hp at crank). I think if I ran against the same car again, I would easily pull away. But a 6 MT Z28 would give me a good run.

BTW - I test drove an '04 NSX last Friday night. Although car felt quick, I was surprised on how much quicker my CLS was from the low RPMs and up. However, this NSX only had 51 miles on it so I never rev'd it over 5k. I'm sure it was a lot quicker above 5k to 8k.

Last edited:
cls6sp03 said:
BTW - I test drove an '04 NSX last Friday night. Although car felt quick, I was surprised on how much quicker my CLS was from low the RPMs and up. However, this NSX only had 51 miles on it so I never rev'd it over 5k. I'm sure it was a lot quicker above 5k to 8k.

The NSX is not very strong from 1-5K. Just wait for 5+ :) Much more fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back