One in the NSX win column

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just beat an 03 Camaro SS from both a full stop and a 20 roll. I slowed down after reaching 130mph. It feels good to win. :biggrin: Considering my car is a 1991 with 67000 miles, I honestly thought that I would get my butt handed to me.

You're lucky you didn't get a ticket handed to you. Have you been reading the other posts about tickets and speeding?

What are your mods?!

nsxtra said:
I just beat an 03 Camaro SS from both a full stop and a 20 roll. I slowed down after reaching 130mph. It feels good to win. :biggrin: Considering my car is a 1991 with 67000 miles, I honestly thought that I would get my butt handed to me.

uuuuh hate to point this out but....Chebby stopped making the crapmaro in '02.
good kill anyway

Most people hate street racing stories..... but I always like to know what our cars are capable of out there! Congrats! Hopefully you did it in the safest way possible.

unless that NSX is heavily modded, a bone stock SS vs a stock nsx is not even close....ive ran a 13.6 in a stock 1992 and there are a couple others who have run 13.6's stock-thats the fastest ive ever seen for a NA1 with no mods and a five speed. SS's ran 13.15's stock and ive heard of some even running in the high 12's....

Maybe their advantage is in when we are in 2nd gear. I ran with one from 80-130 range about 3 times in a row and i pulled on him everytime. not by much but i was pulling ahead.

NormRD said:
Maybe their advantage is in when we are in 2nd gear. I ran with one from 80-130 range about 3 times in a row and i pulled on him everytime. not by much but i was pulling ahead.

An early NSX with stock gearing is really two cars in the quarter mile. Below sixty it is a 14 second car. Above sixty it is a 13 second car.

From a stop, the NSX will bog from 45-55 MPH after 1-2 shift. There are a lot of cars that are faster from 0-60 that can't hang above 60. The Mitsu Evo is a good example of this.

above 60 the NSX is an animal and can hang with alot of the big dogs but below 45 mph; its really just okay... I have a 2002 SS at my dealership with a 6 speed, and an SLP exhaust and SLP intake and trust me, the NSX would get smoked.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
unless that NSX is heavily modded, a bone stock SS vs a stock nsx is not even close....
It's either close (for a 3.0-liter NSX), or it's not close at all, in favor of the NSX (for a 3.2-liter).

Magazine tests offer the most reliable, consistent results, because they test bone-stock cars, with standard procedures (e.g. full fluids), using the same professional drivers. (Numbers you see at the dragstrip vary all over the place, based on driver skill, aftermarket mods, empty gas tanks, clutch abuse, etc.)

In the magazines, the '91-94 NSX consistently tested 13.7-13.8 in the 1/4 mile, and the '97+ NSX-T consistently tested 13.2-13.3. The most recent Camaro SS tested at 13.7 in the 1/4 mile (Motor Trend, December 1999).

or maybe the SS was an automatic...

Dtrigg said:
You're lucky you didn't get a ticket handed to you. Have you been reading the other posts about tickets and speeding?

You are probably the guy that in the Poker game mumbling to himself...
"...I shouldn't be doing this....I know it's not right....." :tongue:

Just giving ya crap.....

wagyshag said:
uuuuh hate to point this out but....Chebby stopped making the crapmaro in '02.
good kill anyway

You're right, it was an 02. I caught up with the guy earlier today. My car is stock, and his camaro is a manual. I know it's hard to believe. But believe me, I thought he was going to spank me. But I guess I can see if he wants to run again, and videotape it so you guys have some proof.

how about you guys switch cars and race. if you win in the ss then we know your just a better driver! :biggrin:

We'll previous to my entry into the NSX world I owned a 97SS, 98SS, and 99SS. And I can tell you my 93 NSX felt quite a bit slower than the 98SS and 99SS. My 02 feels like it could hold its on against an LS1 though. My stock 98SS 6 speed with a lid and exhaust was running 13.10s. With 4.10s and Nittos it would turn 12.80xs. When I converted it a auto, added cam, headers and pulley it would run consistent 12.0x's. You would not believe the difference a TQ converter with sticky tires makes on those cars.

Good kill though.

Charlie

Sure, with mods, you can make anything fast enough to beat anything else. Throw a Viper motor into an old Yugo and it can out-accelerate an NSX!

That's why stock vs stock are really the only meaningful comparisons...

I'm always game for 60+ runs (but I've never done it, honest ;) ).

The NSX really does come into it's own at high speeds.

You can absolutely run head-to-head with an SS. My stone stock '92 will pull my friend's manual SS at speed. Not by a lot, but it pulled him everytime. Otherwise I hung right with him. And yes, my buddy is an experienced driver. And yes, it was done in a safe manner. :biggrin:

Dtrigg said:

I pay for a ticket every couple months with a smile rather than giving my freedom of speed away...

I have no desire to flame anyone or lecture, but because of some ass driver that ran into me, I suffered a broken neck, broke all of my ribs, and had numerous facial contusions. My doctors told me I should be a quadrapalegic, and that they had no idea why I wasn't a paraplagic. Lots of time in the hospital and several surgeries. All because of some dumb ass driver that ran into me. He was speeding, didn't see me and t-boned me. Oh sure, it wouldn't be you that causes an accident. You're a great driver, there aren't any other cars on the road, the road is in great shape, the car is in perfect mechanical shape, you've done this a hundred times, the guy next to me that I am racing is the same...

Do I drive fast? Yes. I don't drive at 130 miles per hour on a pulbic road. If I want to drive fast I do it at the track.

I could care less how fast you drive or how many tickets you get. Just don't do it in my neighborhood or on the road next to me or my family.

Dtrigg said:
I could care less how fast you drive or how many tickets you get. Just don't do it in my neighborhood or on the road next to me or my family.

Same answer as usual !! Don't worry man... I'm in Belgium! We're not limited to 65, 75 or 85 you know!

This is for all americans out there! Fly to europe, rent a car here and see how different the driving is here compared to USA. Maybe you would understand! Maybe...

I had no problem spanking a newer SS from about 55 mph and there was no doubt he was trying. At the time- bone stock '91.

Dtrigg said:
Do I drive fast? Yes. I don't drive at 130 miles per hour on a pulbic road. If I want to drive fast I do it at the track.

Very well said. Couldn't agree more.
I truly don't know why people bother posting thread about this kind of stuff. Maybe over on the Civic, Intregra, Accord boards it means something. :rolleyes:

I'll clarify on my behalf. When I mean a safe manner, I'm talking about the drag strip. Check out the helmet in the avatar. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back