One awesome deal on EBAY

I wouldn't say its an awesome deal until the auction ends.

------------------
NA1 NSX-T
- Comptech Headers
- NA2 Brake Upgrade
- Eibach Springs
- Bilstein Shocks
- Zanardi F&R Sway Bar
- '02 OEM Wheels

OK, OK... a potentially good deal.. if all checks out.. and the car hasnt been ragged. Also, the owner may just be inflating the price with fake bids..

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 24 May 2002).]

Originally posted by RyRy210:
I wouldn't say its an awesome deal until the auction ends.

Of course. The then-current bid price doesn't mean anything until then.

At $40,001.01, it's potentially a pretty good deal, but I wouldn't call it awesome. And I wonder why anyone would set the reserve so low, unless there's something seriously wrong with it.

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:
It would still suck to be beat buy a penny.

It sure looks like that is what happened. I am surprised that the allowable bid increments were so small with such a high dollar amount auction. That must really suck for the guy who bid 40001.00. LOL

[This message has been edited by steveny (edited 29 May 2002).]

The seller was a fraud who seemed to be trying to get a "good faith deposit" from the buyer. His number was disconnected and was in a different state. Shows it was too good to be true.

Lud, Can you log the vin on this car so we have it for future references. We don't want anyone to fall for this again.

Originally posted by Rococo:
The seller was a fraud who seemed to be trying to get a "good faith deposit" from the buyer. His number was disconnected and was in a different state. Shows it was too good to be true.

Rococo,

I have a question for you. As I understand it, you have two NSX's for sale. One of which you put a plug in for in this: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004349.html and in this: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004431.html
thread a while back. Now my question is this. Why are you misrepresenting your own car as a clean car when I am assuming you and the dealership that you consigned it at know damn well what is wrong with it. If you are not Andrew, I apologize, but I feel compelled to respond to your thread that is accusing another seller as a "fraud". I am writing because you mislead a fellow forum member on the east coast into believing that the car was really clean. Enough so, that he convinced me as a total stranger to drive an hour out of my way to check it out for him in the Bay Area. Your car was one of the worst NSX's I have ever come across and your friends at Kassabian Motors in Dublin proceeded to BS me about it and its condition. I'd just like to get an explanation from you because I do not appreciate having my time wasted by people like you.

CK

What made you think that NSX at Kassabian was so bad? I saw the same car 2 weeks ago at Kassabian (97 Monte Carlo Blue NSX-T) and it looked ok, straight panels without a single ripple, no scratches, paint was a little dull compared to mine but I suspect that was because of no wax or Zaino. The side bolsters in the drivers side were worn. Didn't drive the car or look too closely, I wasn't shopping for another Monte Carlo Blue NSX.

At 40k it "could" be a good deal,the car will not close there ,my friens sold his 95 which was a lot cleaner for 45k and I'd say they are worth 45-50 (asssuming they are stock).

Originally posted by jorligan:
CK

What made you think that NSX at Kassabian was so bad? I saw the same car 2 weeks ago at Kassabian (97 Monte Carlo Blue NSX-T) and it looked ok, straight panels without a single ripple, no scratches, paint was a little dull compared to mine but I suspect that was because of no wax or Zaino. The side bolsters in the drivers side were worn. Didn't drive the car or look too closely, I wasn't shopping for another Monte Carlo Blue NSX.

The main thing was that the car was supposed to be clean, according to the Dealer and the owner. I was told that this was a car that was only driven around to shows. I got there and the car is a complete repaint. It has been in a major wreck to at least the front end and has been painted inside and out all around. By this, I mean the fenders were painted under the hood, etc. Which is not somethig you do when the car was just keyed or sustained some light damage on the fenders. There was also rust on many of the bolts that have been adjusted. I also found several bolts completely missing and uneven panels! The tires were worn. These are just my quick observations. The interior was also below average for the mileage and year. I didn't get to drive it either, so I can't comment on mechanical condition. The paintjob was one of the poorest I have seen on a NSX. I took many pictures of the damage for the prospective purchaser which I could send to you or post. BTW, I have no financial interest in this deal and was just doing this guy on the east coast a favor as I would expect from a fellow forum member.

Originally posted by ck:
I took many pictures of the damage for the prospective purchaser which I could send to you or post.

I would expect the owner of this car (Rococo) to reply if he uses this forum and has any sack at all ? You should post the pix...if its as bad as you say, certainly we can see. If the guy does not speak up, we could assume that he's been busted.

[This message has been edited by Tom Larkins (edited 03 June 2002).]

here you go:

How about some rust?
pubimage.asp

Looks like they used a paintbrush here:
pubimage.asp

Missing whole bolts in the frame? Who needs 'em?
pubimage.asp

Overspray + misaligned doors = paint rubbing off:
pubimage.asp

EEeewwww!
pubimage.asp

I have more if you like.

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 03 June 2002).]

Originally posted by cojones:
Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
I would expect the owner of this car (Rococo) to reply if he uses this forum and has any sack at all ?
Anyone save the original Rococo post edited down to ".." ??
I posted this to see if Rococo would have the sack to reply in response to mis-leading statements and/or apparently jerking around another individual (ck) and a potential buyer. I personally spoke to this guy about his 95t (other car) listed for sale in the market forum just before I purchased my 96 a few weeks ago. His 95t appeared to be a reasonable price with more mods than what I wanted but I still wanted to check it out. I called him and informed him that I had a verbal agreement with another person on the current NSX that I now own and was fairly certain I wouldn't be offering him anything unless the car I intended on buying didn't pass a pre-purchase inspection. He spoke to me as if I was a fool for not buying his NSX which as he said "is as good as it gets". Telling me I was just paying to much for what I was buying. Well now I know what type of personality we have now. One that gets re-paints @ Earl Shieb and has no regard for the truth. If I recall, this is the same guy that originated the post "NSX or M5". I guess were trying to give someone a good screwing so we can have are bimmer too! Yeah this may be tough, and somewhat judgemental but myself and ck have first hand experience with the guy. Personally, this scam artist should have his ad removed for his other 95, but I don't set the rules.

You guys have far too much time on your hands. I bought this 97 Blue NSX recently and had it looked at by the local Acura Dealer in New York. It was stated to be in fabulous conditon and was serviced more than regularly (every 2K miles). I am not a mechanic and do not have the expertise to crawl under a car and see where things might be missing. I also don't have the expertise to tell a repaint. I truly told you exactly what the seller of the 97 NSX told me, that he took it to shows and he even showed me the awards he won. If he lied to me, I apologize for repeating these lies. I decided to sell the Blue 97 as I found I liked the 95 Midnight pearl better. I put them both up for sale figuring I would keep the one that didn't sell. You will be happy to know that the 97 did in fact sell and the owner is quite happy with it. All this has caused me to inspect my 95 with far greater zest to assure myself that it doesn't have any issues that anyone would object to down the road.

As for calling me a fraud or scam artist, shame on you for even writing those words!!! You have no basis for this at all. I never objected to any inspections whatsoever. I am an honorable person who would never defraud anyone!! Time for you all to get a better understanding of the use of the language by choosing your words more carefully rather than writing like a foolish schoolboy.

Rococo,

I understand that you may have bought the car without knowing the condition, but I do not believe that in the several months that you have been trying to sell that car at a dealership, no potential buyer or employee of the dealership pointed out to you the true condition of that car. I have never actually spoken to you, so I can't speak from personal experience with you, just what was relayed to me. However, I can say for certain that Kassabian Motors was blatantly misrepresenting the vehicle and I hope that they let the buyer know about the prior accident history of that vehicle because as a dealer, they are responsible for that. About me having too much time on my hands, yes, I didn't mind helping someone who genuinely wanted a NSX by looking at a car for him that he couldn't see himself, but I do not appreciate having my time wasted by the sellers misrepresenting the vehicle. I hope the buyer comes to this forum sometime to see what he has bought and if the damage was not disclosed, I hope he takes the proper legal recourse against Kassabian.

CK,

I take great offense to your post with regards to disclosure. I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of any accident history on this car. One can only disclose issues that he/she actually has knowledge of. I owned it for a very short time and used Kassabian is just a means to sell it. They don't own it nor do they look for issues other than safety issues. Kassabian didn't sell the car either so they are not involved in this transaction in any way nor did they ever even drive the car. I bought the car stated to me as having "No Accidents" from the seller's ad on Autotrader online. I can post a copy of the ad to prove this. The Carfax was clean and the servicing at the prior owner's Acura Dealership was thorough. I may be a sucker but you are the only one who seems to want to state the history of the car when in fact you have absolutely no knowledge of the car's history. I trusted the original selller and maybe that was a mistake, but the car runs beautifully and I didn't have any reason at the time I bought it to doubt the seller.

I'm not saying you knew when you bought it. I don't doubt that the seller lied to you, I just don't believe that at this point in time, you didn't know the car had been wrecked. I am sure that someone has pointed it out to either you or Kassabian and I am certain that they at least know that it has been painted as it would be obvious to anyone in the automotive industry. Let's just end this. I have not made anything up, the car was misrepresented by Kassabian, ok? Do we agree on that? As a dealer, they are responsible to know about things like accidents and paintwork to a reasonable extent. This car was obviously painted and they knew it, but didn't disclose it. In regards to your disclosure, I find it appalling that in your prior posts regarding this car you clearly put in plugs for it while not stating that you are the owner. You are right that I know nothing about the history of the car, but I don't have to know its history to be able to tell it has been in a wreck and repainted.

I have no problem ending this but I assure you I had no information that the car has ever been in an accident. Kassabian never said anything and I'm still not sure I believe what you have said. In any case, let's all move on with our lives in spite of a differing of opinions.

Back