• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

omg not this car again!

but its a rare spyder convertible and for only 70,000 dollars. Max thei would ever sell for is 18-27K

70,000 dollars what is he smokin

my 92 is a Rare Gecko Model Im only asking 250,000

but its a rare spyder convertible and for only 70,000 dollars. Max thei would ever sell for is 18-27K

70,000 dollars what is he smokin

my 92 is a Rare Gecko Model Im only asking 250,000

lol I am sure you can find one or 2 at auctions which are rolled over to do same thing to lol. I think there was an 02 silver on ebay for many month for 20k which was rollover. lol

yeah it seems this car pops up every so often. I have been seeing it for a while too.

I've seen this car at NSX gatherings. It looks good in person and the owners were nice people.

DSC_3082.jpg

Last edited:
what do you guys think its worth? I mean he is asking 70K which is never gonna happen

so what a good number

I say 18-26K

Funny - that is the thing that bothers me the most. the attempts to Ferrarize it with the side & front badges with black over yellow just say "wanna-be" to me.
I generally like different but this to me was bad choice. Top up or down looks horrible to me. Convertibles, generally look awesome down and terrible up, unless hard top convertible. Off subject, as the gallardo spyder looks awesome down but up looks like a 7ft tall basketball player with short legs. We need a surgeon for this1....

Last edited:
what do you guys think its worth? I mean he is asking 70K which is never gonna happenso what a good numberI say 18-26K
somewhere in that range, if he can find a buyer who really wants a "spider" nsx, lol

I agree with you blue_. The yellow front quarter panel stickers are a bit much, but the NSX is a Pininfarina design and it does look like a Ferrari from aft views.

The yellow stickers defintely put NSX on wannaB status. Like calling a chrysler 300 a baby bentley.

I've seen this car at NSX gatherings. It looks good in person and the owners were nice people.
DSC_3082.jpg
what exactly are the Ferrari style logo's? Cant make out the image

what do you guys think its worth? I mean he is asking 70K which is never gonna happen

so what a good number

I say 18-26K

I think less. 15-20.
It's a 91... it wasn't originally even a targa, so it's missing a ton of that rigidity. There's no chance to even return it to stock unless you want to weld aluminum...
The seat covers, the yellow badges... this car haunts my nightmares.

Why would you recover the seats in that cloth material? It looks like race seat cloth on stock seats, sticks out like a sore thumb IMO.

Personally, I wouldn't give .02 for it. Oh wait, I just did. Seriously, to each his own. It looks like a lot of work went into it. However, sometimes things are RARE because there is no demand for them and nobody wants them. My son has an old Hot Wheels car that he cut the entire top off and painted with some lime green acrylic model paint when he was 6 yrs old. I doubt there is another in the world like it. That doen't mean that he'll be able to sell it on Ebay for $500 bucks.

Ok, so a couple of things are weird on this car. Get rid of the silly "Spider" stickers, redo the seats in leather, and lower the asking price to $50k. The car seems well built and has a nice TT motor.

Yeah, the whole conversion into a convertible takes away from the looks and rigidity. However someone buying this car probably isn't looking to track it or drive on the twisties. This car is meant for cruising the boulevard and the occasional high speed run on the highway.

I say lay off the guy selling it. We all know it is out cup of tea, however he likes/liked it and trying to honestly sell it. If he was trying to hide something it never would be listed for sale on Prime.

50K doc? that's being nice.

if the guy changed some things maybe 30K
recover seats back to leather
remove stickers
remove front 3m stick on lip
remove the vented skirts and put something else on

and lastly reweld the real top back

then 30K would be an easy sell.

Back