Omg!!!! New Owner Omg!!!

Hi Primers!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! OMG!.....OMG! Ok, that should do it. Your looking at the extremely happy and pleased new owner of a 2000 red/tan NSX 6spd.:biggrin:

Before I forget, just got a couple of questions. Already I have to replace the lever that opens the engine bay...seems to have been stripped/shreded. Hopefully it's just the stinking $250 lever and not the cable. Also, anybody have rattling problems coming from their glove box? Finally do any of you have suggetions on a blown spearker...drivers side.

Thanks all, will post picks evetually, but I gots to go drivin :biggrin:

Chris from Tacoma.

Hi Primers!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! OMG!.....OMG! Ok, that should do it. Your looking at the extremely happy and pleased new owner of a 2000 red/tan NSX 6spd.:biggrin:

Before I forget, just got a couple of questions. Already I have to replace the lever that opens the engine bay...seems to have been stripped/shreded. Hopefully it's just the stinking $250 lever and not the cable. Also, anybody have rattling problems coming from their glove box? Finally do any of you have suggetions on a blown spearker...drivers side.

Thanks all, will post picks evetually, but I gots to go drivin :biggrin:

Chris from Tacoma.

Congrats! I too have a squeaking problem that occurs randomly from the glove box area and would be interested in others comments on this.

Congrats!

Are you certain the engine lever isn't locked? When mine is locked, it flops around like it's broken. Unlocked, it's tight and works fine.

oh the lever is broken. Pulls right off and its stripped inside. I just hope thats the only problem. Thanks for the fix it link.

I'm sure it's not that expensive. But if you need an outer door handle, you'll sh!t your pants at the price.:biggrin:

Congratulations, I know that feeling!:smile:

Welcome...post lots of pics with some of that gorgeous scenery up there.

Congrats! I too have a squeaking problem that occurs randomly from the glove box area and would be interested in others comments on this.

Glove box or center console? I had a rattle/squeak which i thought was coming from the passenger side but it was actually in the console when i found it :wink: . Hit the passenger side of the console just below the e-brake with the bottom of your fist a few times and see if you hear it.

Oh yeah, Congrats on the new ride :biggrin:

Last edited:
Glove box or center console? I had a rattle/squeak which i thought was coming from the passenger side but it was actually in the console when i found it :wink: . Hit the passenger side of the console just below the e-brake with the bottom of your fist a few times and see if you hear it.

Oh yeah, Congrats on the new ride :biggrin:

I will go check to see if I can localize it using the fist technique. Were you able to fix yours?

Congrats!

Are you certain the engine lever isn't locked? When mine is locked, it flops around like it's broken. Unlocked, it's tight and works fine.
The engine glass locks?

BTW: Congrats and where are those pics?

I will go check to see if I can localize it using the fist technique. Were you able to fix yours?

Yes sir. It was a bracket that holds a plug for i think the e-brake warning switch. It is located almost directly under the coin tray. The design of the bracket is not very good (flimsy) so i thought more people would have the same problem. It was only noticeable driving on rough roads, or when i used the "fist technique" :biggrin: .

LOL!! The "fist" technique. Actally I think its an item under the glove box but I haven't actually looked yet because I've been driving her so much the past 3 days, hehe. Anyhow about the pics, I will be posting them this weekend since I'm getting her completely detailed tomorrow. I will then post with some feedback on what each pic is all about.

Being a used car I suspected I would have to fix a few things, and thanks for the link to the speaker repair, but does anyone know of a more local place in Tacoma WA to get help with my blown speaker. Please no recomendations to cr tys either.

Thanks,
Chris from Tacoma

I would take it out and mail it to BrianK and not let anyone else touch the car.
But that is just me...Brian Might even have one he can send you and you can send yours back after you install the new unit.

The "rattle" in the glove box my be the small fan directly in front of the hand brake. I had the same noise and could not figure it out either. You will see the slots to let the air out in front of the hand brake. I tried to blast mine clean with some air but it did not work. I will have to replace it eventually.

There's a fan in there? What's it for? I'm pretty sure its the item under the glove box. I will try to find it tonight. Pics coming soon!!!

Thanks,
Chris from Tacoma

There's a fan in there? What's it for? I'm pretty sure its the item under the glove box. I will try to find it tonight. Pics coming soon!!!

Thanks,
Chris from Tacoma

If you are sure it is the glove box area it may be the passenger side under dash cover. Remove it for a couple days and see if it goes away or gets louder.

What type of sound is it? Metal to metal, plastic to metal, rubber to hard surface?

I found it, there seems to be a little black box mounted under the glove box that is missing a screw. I don't know what it is, there is a green plug connected to it and a little black wire. Honestly it looks after market but i dont know what its for.

Yes I do have keyless, is that what that box is for?

Anyhow, after much time...(5 days..) I finally have pics for you all!!!! Got quite a few so I hope I can post them correctly. If they're in order, they start from when I was at breakfast anticipating the call, to when I first saw her :biggrin: to forgeting my insurance...oops to random pics and in my garage after she's been completely detailed.

Thanks all
Chris from Tacoma

P.S. I haven't figured out how to post more than 5 pics, so I will have to make multiple replies..sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg